IGNORED

[FM3] Rllmuk Endurance Cup - Group 3

Count Buffalos

Welcome to the forum. ;)

How about we do the Maple Valley race on Tuesday at the normal time in place of Suzuka? We could catch up with the other groups later this coming week.

Yeah that's totally allowed. ;)
Maple on Tues is fine by me too. And I'm not back in work now until Thurs, on days, so should be ok to do Suzuka another evening :wub:
You guys are lagging behind! :omg:

You changed your tune Meerman!

Sorry, it must be starting to look like I'm picking on you Meers, not intentional!

Sorry to hear that, totally understand though it's no fun if you can't practice and end up driving around at the back.

On the plus side, if you avoid the kerb of doom tonight you're still in with a good chance of a high position :)

We might actually be getting close to the point where we can fit Groups 2 and 3 into one server soon!

Guys, this is going to be my last race for the time being. I've not got the time to practice at the moment, which means that the races are becoming less and less fun for me. I'll host tonight, but someone else will need to step in thereafter. Sorry :coffee:

Sorry to hear that Jashin.

I know the feeling :) . But I don't mind to finish last though.... I'm having fun and that was and is my motivation. But it would be nice sometimes to finish first or second. Need more practice too.

For what it's worthy: I have the settings to host if necessary.

Group 3 Maple Valley race result

1) Snowman

2) Meatball

3) APKing

4) rev-happy

5) Morco

6) Jashin

Bloody Snowman :blink:

Think we had two restarts, first one due to a small incident on the first lap, then the second due to someone getting caught out by the kerb o doom. Next time we all got away and running ok for 21 laps until a few of us randomly got kicked from the race. We started up again for a 20 lap run, but there was a problem a couple of laps in so we restarted again with a 15 lapper. Myself and Snowman pulled out a bit of a lead after a few laps, with me leading and Snowman chasing very hard. On the second corner of lap 8 I ran slightly deep onto the grass which allowed Snowman through. I got back on track and chased as hard as I could til the end, but Snowman was driving equally as hard ahead of me and managed to keep the lead to the end, with me following just a second behind. It wasn't a mega exciting battle with loads of overtakes, but I think it's safe to say we were both balls out foot to the floor as fast as we could go each and every lap.

I would've preferred to win obviously, but I'm just happy I actually made it to the end in one peice this time after my shitty disconnect last time and incidents with kerbs on two of the other races. Well, I was one of the few who got disconnected, but at least it wasn't just me this time, so we got started again.

Guys, this is going to be my last race for the time being. I've not got the time to practice at the moment, which means that the races are becoming less and less fun for me. I'll host tonight, but someone else will need to step in thereafter. Sorry :wub:

Sorry to see you go, mate. I appreciate you sticking with it this far though. I hope you make a return for Series II.

Think we had two restarts, first one due to a small incident on the first lap, then the second due to someone getting caught out by the kerb o doom.

That would be me. The same thing happened last week as well. I'm thankful you guys decided to restart. I very nearly rolled my car again in the race proper but I managed to steer into it. Unfortunately, that took me straight into the nearby wall so I did a fair amount of damage to the bodywork.

On the second corner of lap 8 I ran slightly deep onto the grass which allowed Snowman through.

Here's the moment in question, from my perspective:

I've no idea why there isn't any audio. It's the first video I've ever uploaded to Youtube so I've probably missed something obvious. The smoke from Meatball's tyres is due to my lag-ridden copy of the replay rather than his driving. :)

Like Meatball said, there wasn't much overtaking going on but I really enjoyed thrashing those cars around the track, lap after lap, in such close proximity. It was more about pressuring each other into making mistakes than anything else.

Thursday Suzuka? Everyone agree? If no one else can or will host, I'll be glad to do. Got the settings from Meers.

Sounds good to me. Like Morco, it'll be my third race in three nights. :hat:

Guys, this is going to be my last race for the time being. I've not got the time to practice at the moment, which means that the races are becoming less and less fun for me. I'll host tonight, but someone else will need to step in thereafter. Sorry :)

Crikey, I missed this post somehow! Awwh man, that's a shame. I'll host next week's race and compete for your points. Thanks very much for hosting this group for us! :hat:

For tonight's race on Suzuka, the following are participating:

IN:

Morcs (for leChuck)

Snowman

APKing

HaskNL

Meatball

OUT:

Bayalant (due to other obligations)

As it seems, we've got 3 open places. Anyone interested? If I'm correct, only one wildcard for Bayalant, as group 3 does'nt have more competitors.

Same time as usual? I'm hosting this one. Meerman, you'll host next week's race (Road Atlanta)?