IGNORED

What game would you like to see an update of?

zxcvbnm

Dark Sceptre. Who remembers that! Amaze - modern version please.

Again in the spectrum world - Colony. Robot vs the ants while growing mushrooms? Brilliant stuff.

For years I wanted a Kickstart/Kickstart 2 update - and along comes trials HD :(

Following on from the Halo in HD thread, what past game would you like to see being released now with all the bells & whistles of HD gaming?

For me it'd be G-Police. I absolutely loved the original on the Playstation and it'd be fantastic to see an update of this with more traffic in the city sky and more detailed models.

g-police.jpg

If you can track it down, the PC version of G-Police had massively more traffic (there was actually an in-game option to tone it DOWN there was that much) as well as a longer draw distance, and it was higher res.

As I always say when these sort of threads come up:

Burning Rangers, because the Saturn's hardware could never do justice to the game's ambitions, because firefighting games are still an underexplored niche, and because I'd love to see a game that shows off what sort of fire effects today's systems are capable of.

This, please this.

Another two I'd like to see....

Starlancer on the Dreamcast. I loved playing this game, and there's a real shortage of space shooters at the moment.

Descent. I remember having 5 or 6 486s networked together playing this many many years ago, and the sheer blind panic to escape when someone blew the core was fantastic.

Quazatron - Pretty much an isometric version of Paradroid. Surprised that after Paradroid 90 there was nothing like this again.

The Last Ninja - There seems to be/have been various versions of this in development hell. PSP version incoming 2010?

Bruce Lee - Would love to see a 2-4 player version of this for XBLA.

Run the Gauntlet - Again another prime XBLA multiplayer fun-fest.

Unirally - Brilliantly simple racing game. 4 player version please!

Excitebike64 - An update of the N64 version. A solid 60pfs, online, plenty of courses and bikes and a track editor would be immense.

Destruction Derby 2 - I guess the Flatout games are the closest things around now (although we haven't had a new one for a few years). Just a fun racer with some great course designs and a fab damage system.

Powerstone - A mash-up of PS1+2 with added online, simples.

Buggy Boy - Give it to Sumo and do a OutRun 2 type overhaul.

Supercars 2 - Another dead genre that is just crying out for a spangly redux.

Star Control - I only ever played the first one. Choose your fleet of Space craft and battle other craft to the death. Was kinda like Street Fighter in space.

The Last Ninja - There seems to be/have been various versions of this in development hell. PSP version incoming 2010?

People often mention this when saying they want remakes. What would a remake get us that we don't already have in Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi, Assassin's Creed and the Tenchu series, other than the title? I've not played the originals so I don't know myself.

People often mention this when saying they want remakes. What would a remake get us that we don't already have in Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi, Assassin's Creed and the Tenchu series, other than the title? I've not played the originals so I don't know myself.

There are no almost point-and-click style puzzles in any of them.

They're more like locked door puzzles; "collect object a and place in orifice b". I reckon Ninja Gaiden had a bit of a Last Ninja feel to it in terms of atmosphere, but I don't think the LN series has aged well so I don't know about a full-blown remake...

It does seem odd that a sequel/remake of Pilotwings has never emerged, especially when the island flyover in Wii Sports Resort is so close.

Is it perhaps a fear that Nintendo's new audience may not take to Wii Sports: Air or Wii Aerosports?

Exhumed.

pix-Powerslave-01.jpg

A 3D Metroidvania before Metroid Prime was a glimmer in Retro Studios' eye. I'd love to see what would be done with today's consoles.

Jesus, Fry. You pinched my exact thoughts.

I'd dig an update of Colony Wars and Motorhead, although Split Second looks to fill that particular void.

Isn't there a game on Steam called Trials 2? I reckon if they ported that to XBLA I reckon they'd be onto a winner.

Isn't there a game on XBLA called Trials HD?

EDIT: sorry, that sounded a bit sarcy; I genuinely was unsure as I don't have the game...

It does seem odd that a sequel/remake of Pilotwings has never emerged, especially when the island flyover in Wii Sports Resort is so close.

Is it perhaps a fear that Nintendo's new audience may not take to Wii Sports: Air or Wii Aerosports?

I can't understand a lack of commitment to a new Pilotwings. A chance to utilise the Wii Remote as a proper control device, and they sit on their hands.

Maybe they've been working on Pilotwings since the wii was developed, nintendo dont usually shout about something until it's done.

Hopefully it's coming... they just want it to be perfect.

and EVE Online? Is that good then??? I've heard of it, but thats it.

Was hoping the new Star Wars from Bioware was going to be on the 360, im mostly a console gamer.

Whilst I'm on the PC remakes:

R_Kingpin1.jpg

Granted, a few of the puzzley key-door elements felt a bit out of place, and the combat took a while to get going, but for me Kingpin had a great atmosphere and character all of its own; it still feels quite unique after so many other "gangsta" games (although tbh those have been inspired more by San Andreas than Kingpin), and the thought of a hi-res follow-up in a similarly atmospheric world is :)