IGNORED

Spring Clearing

Asura

Following on from getting the PS3 at Christmas, I've decided to go through all of my older games and get rid of many I expect to never play again, and boxing up some of my import stuff that I play very rarely to go into storage. I've currently got up to about 15 PS2 titles and half a dozen Gamecube ones, all to go to CEX, which the website states I should get around £50 for. I would put them on the forum, but most of them are common titles I expect no-one to want, or certainly would not be worth more than the £2 postage each might cost.

Is anyone else going to have a clearout? I look forward to only having half a dozen games for each system again. I've kept so much over the years due to things like trade-in values being too low, even if the game itself is something I know I'm never going to play again, much less finish.

I feel these days that if I have loads of games for a system, I never dedicate the time to each individual title. When I was younger and couldn't afford to have a large number of games, I got so much more out of each one. I think I might try to go back to that way of doing things.

Yeah, I'm having a clearout - I'm also trying to complete quite a few games I never got around to finishing early in the New Year so I can reduce my collection significantly. I've got a bag full of retail copies and promos, some of which I might well sell on here. Realised there were loads of games I was keeping despite knowing full well I'll never play them again (tbh, even with games I like I rarely play through them more than once or twice).

Yep, me too, but the trade prices you get are absolutely shocking. Im tempted to put them up on the forum, but its not worth the few quid you get to go out into the cold to a post office. I've got MW2 sitting unplayed, MW1 ive never touched single player, RE5 was abandoned, UFC 2009 in it's wrapper, Uncharted 40% completed.

Then I went and bought Burnout Ultimate Box yesterday for the 360, but for a tenner who could resist.

Is anyone else going to have a clearout?

I've been doing this steadily over the past year, especially with the PC. Now, if I can get a game I own on my shelf really cheap on Steam or GOG, etc, I'm happy to buy that and sell off my boxed copy instead.

I suppose in the back of my mind, I'm thinking why not just install it with a no-CD crack and then sell it on, but it feels better to own it legitimately that way. Just don't mention DRM and the fact I could potentially lose dozens of games with one hacked password. Erm...

Currently got a pile consisting of:

Stoked

Drawn to Life (Wii)

Wild Earth African Safari (well, it might've been good)

Punch-Out

That's not a pile. That's a pimple.

I was doing a gaming assessment, and I have around 380 current gen titles (PC, 360, PS3, Wii, Portable) that I've either never played, played for 30 minutes and got bored, or played through once and think I might go back to. I probably have the same in terms of last gen titles (PS2, Xbox, GC).

I've decided this is (clearly) ridiculous, and I basically decided that I'll only buy one game in 2010 (the only one I'm actually excited about and actually want - Mass Effect 2), and concentrate the rest of the year in terms of clearing the backlog down to a more reasonable set of titles. As I go, I'll be deciding ruthlessly if I've genuinely finished with a title, and if I have I'm going to sell it, without any messing about or second thoughts.

Added benefit is by the time 2011 starts all the 2010 must have titles will be down to a tenner, and I might have gained a modicum of self control (maybe not).

Just get rid of the lot, I seriously doubt you'll really miss anything. If you make a mistake and sell something you really want to play again after the initial pangs of loss go then just buy it again (probably more cheaply than you sell it for!)

If you're eBaying then I'd advise researching recently completed prices and use Buy It Now to get the maximum return.

My problem is I live abroad (France) but have a mix between a UK PAL and NTSC-J collection (mainly 360 titles). Resale for games in France is brilliant, unlike the UK nothing drops in value here, and people are used to paying a premium for even oldish titles - but people are reluctant to buy UK games. Selling back to the UK is difficult as the postage from here to there is massive (about 4 times what it is from the UK to France strangely).

So I'll basically batch them up and sell stuff I'm happy with selling on rllmuk and NTSC-UK shortly before a return visit to ol' Blighty so I can use Her Majesties reasonably priced postal system. I don't really want to sell the lot in one go, as that's all a bit ITV3 daytime TV Life Coachy for me - I'd preferred a managed strategy of slowly downsizing.

I already had a clearout of my last-gen titles quite recently and so apart from JSRF, SF Anniversary and a number of PS2 classics, there's just a big bunch of current-gen stuff. I can already think of a number of current-gen titles I wouldn't really miss, but I think if I got too carried away I might end up with a dozen games and several empty shelves. :D

I did my clearout last year and it was liberating. Now I only have a couple of games in my collection and won't allow myself to buy any more until I finish one.

My one in one out approach is serving me well and saving me buckets of cash. I'm also completing more games than ever before and actually appreciating my purchases.

I'm having a clear out as i'm buying a house and moving in with Jonster (suprisingly enough we have ALOT of duplicates). In my great stack of things to go theres:-

Consoles:-

- Ps1

- PS2

- PS3

- PSP

- Wii

- Gamecube

- Dreamcast

Games:-

- 18 xbox360 titles

- 4 PS3

- 2 PSP

- 2 Dreamcast

- 5 PS2

- 6 Wii

- 2 DS

And thats before i get to spring cleaning the DVDs!

I am now a Nintendo free zone for the first time since I got a GameBoy. Was waiting to complete NSMB then sold my Wii + Wii Play locally for £130 and having completed Zelda: Spirit Tracks I've just sold my solus DSi for £110 after eBay fees.

Been buying a load of on-sale Apps in preparation to trade up from my iPod classic to an iPhone 3G 16gb after the festive price ridiculousness settles down. The App Store and my Xbox 360 will be doing me for the remainder of the generation I think, though I can still borrow a friend's DS or Wii for when the next inevitable Nintendo moment of genius strikes.

End of an era etc.

I need to have a serious clearout this year as I'm trying to get cash up for a move. My problem is I've missed games in the past and when I've gone to get them later they've either got too expensive or are really hard to come by. So if I see something at a reasonable price I'll grab it knowing I may not play it for months. Combine this with my natural hoarding instinct and you can see I'll end up with lots of stuff that I probably don't need.

The trouble is most of the games I want to get shot of won't make me anything - MGS2, THPS3 etc - I can't even give them away. I have a box full of 32X games, maybe one or two are keepers, the rest are worthless.

I totally agree that if you don't have lots of games demanding your attention you tend to get more out of the few you have. It used to be about having stacks of ROMs for emulation but now it's easy to pick up legit games for not much money.

There are several games I'll put up here but as has been said no-one here would want a copy of MGS2, even if it was given to them.

I tend to only buy games that are system sellers or ones that get a LOT of love from friends or on here.

I also usually have enough patience to wait till they drop in price.

So although I own a 360, PS3, Wii, Gamecube, DS I own about 10 Xbox 360 games, 20 odd Ps2 games, 10 PS3 gams and 15 GC games. probably about 6 DS games too.

I still haven't played them all to death so have plenty to keep at. Still feels like too much clutter sometimes.

The trouble is most of the games I want to get shot of won't make me anything - MGS2, THPS3 etc - I can't even give them away. I have a box full of 32X games, maybe one or two are keepers, the rest are worthless.

I think the trick is accepting the fact that you aren't going to get lots of money for things, and being ok with that. Once you do, then being ruthless and getting-rid of things is easy.

Currently have 7 completed 360 retail games that I'm holding on to to either replay or to complete associated DLC. 2 part games that just sit there. 26 games awaiting my attention, including Fallout 3 and Oblivion. This year I completed more games than I have done in the past 10 years, but I keep picking up bargains to queue. That's gonna stop now and next year is about getting through the collection and trading out any thing I don't want to play again.

Of course, those numbers ignore the dozen or so Arcade games I have that are unplayed and the pile of games on

my iPhone that I need to work through.

Life is truly harsh sometimes.

I doubt I'll ever reach the extreme of some people in this thread, of only ever keeping the games I'm playing at any given time.

I'm quite happy for my collection to consist of both old games I return to reasonably often, and those to which I have a strong nostalgic attachment. Someone in the thread mentioned "appreciating" your possessions - I like to think I do. I feel a bit guilty if there's a game I own that I'm keeping Just For The Sake Of It, or because it's got a good reputation but I've never seen the appeal.

Most of the games I'd be happy to get rid of are either obsolete sports games and/or on the Saturn (Sega Worldwide Soccer 98!) and Dreamcast (Spider-Man, Unreal Tournament, NBA 2K). I don't think Gamestation or CeX accept such undesirable games on those formats any more, and it's not worth auctioning them on eBay. But on the other hand I'd never just bin them! :D Maybe they should go to Cash Converters. Or a charity shop.

I doubt I'll ever reach the extreme of some people in this thread, of only ever keeping the games I'm playing at any given time.

I'm quite happy for my collection to consist of both old games I return to reasonably often, and those to which I have a strong nostalgic attachment. Someone in the thread mentioned "appreciating" your possessions - I like to think I do. I feel a bit guilty if there's a game I own that I'm keeping Just For The Sake Of It, or because it's got a good reputation but I've never seen the appeal.

Most of the games I'd be happy to get rid of are either obsolete sports games and/or on the Saturn (Sega Worldwide Soccer 98!) and Dreamcast (Spider-Man, Unreal Tournament, NBA 2K). I don't think Gamestation or CeX accept such undesirable games on those formats any more, and it's not worth auctioning them on eBay. But on the other hand I'd never just bin them! :D Maybe they should go to Cash Converters. Or a charity shop.

You could always try the "for free thread" on here.

Aside from a healthy collection of vintage PC games which I sort of consider separate from a 'game collection' I barely have anything to speak of in terms of console or modern PC stuff. I've been whittling away at my stuff for quite a while. Some sold, some given away, some chucked in the bin because the rigmarole of selling outweighs what they're actually worth. With my recent defection to the US PSN store I can even part with the little pile of US PS1 games I've been clinging onto for the last decade.

In physical format I own 3 360 games, 2 PS3 games and 2 PSP games. Console-wise I now just have those three machines. That's my collection!

I've also been completely thrashing my DVD collection recently, from around 600 to somewhere around the 100 mark.

I had considered keeping my Shadow of the Colossus and Ico sets, as well as ZOE2 - along with Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2, JP Rez&Trance Vibrator and the Another Century's Episode trilogy. I may finally part with them now, assuming I can sell them for a decent price.

The only PS2 game I plan on keeping is Gundam: Renpou vs ZAFT II Plus as it's one of my favourite games of all time, and would be difficult to sell for what I know it's worth.

I'm trying to reduce things down myself. Get rid of the older retro stuff I hardly touch anymore. I started selling stuff earlier this month and my living room looks a lot nicer without boxes and pcbs all over the floor. Looking around I don't have massive collections for the current gen. Around 15 titles for the 360, 2 for PS3, 10 for Wii. I'm pretty picky about most current gen stuff. Would really love to bulk up my DS collection this year though. There's tonnes of stuff on that thing.