IGNORED

Daft Punk Thread...

myoozikk

• 5 months later...

Are those Daft Punk ACTION FIGURES?? Getting thrown off because of the size of those Bearbricks and the little figures at the base of the photo. But if there are Daft Punk action figures, I need them in my life.

they are 12" medicom figure's. This will be the 3rd set of them. They are rare as rocking horse shit. I have a Thomas from the 1st set...

This is the 1st set... Discovery Era

5yu06x2.jpg

2nd set... Human After All era

daftpunk_medicom.jpg

3rd set are the tron's above...

This the one i'll always regret not getting. They were £1600 ish at launch only 100 sets. (so stupid money)

1000% Bearbrick version.

daft-punk-silly-thing-medicom-toy-1000-kubrick-preview-1.jpg

neil-kubricks1.jpg

Are those Daft Punk ACTION FIGURES?? Getting thrown off because of the size of those Bearbricks and the little figures at the base of the photo. But if there are Daft Punk action figures, I need them in my life.

they are 12" medicom figure's. This will be the 3rd set of them. They are rare as rocking horse shit. I have a Thomas from the 1st set...

This is the 1st set... Discovery Era

5yu06x2.jpg

They're all cool, but this set is just :omg:

Anyway, I gotta keep my eye out for the Tron ones. How much did they retail for?

They're all cool, but this set is just :omg:

Anyway, I gotta keep my eye out for the Tron ones. How much did they retail for?

no idea on the Tron set yet. Just unveiled em at comic con.

I've got the white one from that set above. They are so hard to find i have no idea if i'll ever track down the others.

• 3 months later...

as if the whole Tron stuff wasn't enough....

Dazed Digital presents a visual preview of the impending Daft Punk sci-fi opus. The details surrounding the project are still shrouded in a great deal of fog, but a firm date of 11/18/2010 has been attributed to the project. The preview posits the two electronic stars at the forefront of a concert hall decked out in tuxedos and their iconic body armor. The film will be devoid of dialogue, but promises to be a visual and musical journey. Daft Punk continues to be at the pop-culture forefront with this video project looming, and Tron Legacy which they scored to release December 17th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=ALFiMiKxuns

I wasn't particularly encouraged by what they said about it in the Dazed interview, you know. Seems like Derezzed is the one 100% raw synthesised track, while the rest is all orchestral with minimal synth elements pulsing through it. It's gonna sound like goddam Inception or Enemy of The State or some shit like that :( Fucking Metal Gear Solid or something. I wanted an incredible score of synth music :(

I was hoping for an extension of the Human After All album. That empty, haunting, minimal, vague suggestion of emotion and human touch. Not some overblown cello shit that I've heard a million and one times :(

But, hey, I've not heard it yet. I'm just really worried that we'll be missing out on what could and should have been a legendary piece of music. All signs, so far, merely point to Hans Zimmer.

The movie makers apparently expected them to go with a completely synthesised score as well.

I'm aware that it's a soundtrack and not an artist album, but I thought that would be a challenge for Daft to really push their sound in exciting new directions, within an alien format. I just feel it will be a total cop-out and missed opportunity if they just went and referenced the million and one other orchestral scores that have pulsating synth elements in the mix. Maybe it will, but that's not what I got from the interview.

Right, I'm running through this at the minute and thus far it's pretty sweet. Yeah it's mostly orchestral (I too was hoping for a completely electronic soundtrack) but the synths and effects added to the classical compositions work very nicely indeed. It's just a pity the tracks are literally the length of the scenes as some of them have scope to open up to much better things, several tracks are just massive cock teases. :angry:

I'm not feeling this as much as you guys. The score-y bits are fairly generic to my ears. The electronic-y songs (i guess more traditional DP) are more my thing. The four-track sequence from End Of The Line to Solar Sailer is the highlight for me.

Still can't get over how fucking good Derezzed is. 1 minute 44 seconds isn't enough of that aural sex. They need to work that shit into their live set.