IGNORED

Daft Punk Thread...

myoozikk

Still can't get over how fucking good Derezzed is. 1 minute 44 seconds isn't enough of that aural sex. They need to work that shit into their live set.

Agreed, it's one of the 'cock teases' I was on about. Promises so much but doesn't get the chance to deliver. :hmm:

That said this edit rolled up weeks back and is a pretty good tweak on what we have here:

Being a big Daft Punk fan I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out but I have to say I'm really enjoying it. Goddamn it though some of the tracks really are cockteases, just bloody ending as you're getting into it.

Anyone know if it's true that Daft Punk are also doing the videogame score ? I heard they were doing OST's, one for the game and one for the film. Could be bollocks though as I haven't read that anywhere else.

I didn't like that edited one actually, was too repetitive and got boring pretty fast~

You've listened to dance music before, right? Specifically Daft Punk's output? It doesn't really get more repetitive... I draw your attention to any of their singles. Enjoy, I have now ruined it for you.

I guess your enjoyment of the Tron soundtrack is going depend on your expectations. People who have seen the original - and I haven't - may be disappointed if they're expecting an experimental score like Wendy Carlos', but that was never going to happen. Daft Punk aren't remotely like him/her and this is a big budget film. Those days are gone.

Standout tracks for me are Solar Sailer, Derezzed and Disc Wars. The Grid is also pretty funky. I like the whole OST but I've listened to them more times than is healthy. Disc Wars especially feels like a complete track, building up into a nice finish.

You've listened to dance music before, right? Specifically Daft Punk's output? It doesn't really get more repetitive... I draw your attention to any of their singles. Enjoy, I have now ruined it for you.

So you think that youtube edit is as good as original Daft Punk stuff?

So you think that youtube edit is as good as original Daft Punk stuff?

If I'm honest I don't rate the majority of DP's output. I massively massively appreciate what they've done for the genre as a whole but the majority of their back catalogue doesn't really do all that much for me.

So er, yeah. Is that not allowed or something?

You don't like what I like = opinion invalid. Nice.

The edit is an extension of what's there in the original track, tweaked. I want the full length original but we don't even know if that exists, as it stands if you want to play that track you either listen to it for the full 1 minute 44 seconds or go for the slightly different extended edit.

It's like I was claiming the edit was better than anything Daft Punk has ever done or something... :rolleyes:

I know this album isn't even out yet, but is there any word on what their next project is likely to be? As much as I appreciate that they do soundtracks and films and whatnot would it be too much to ask that they spunk out another masterpiece like Human After All? That only took a few months or something.

I can't believe they've only had three albums out although I approve of not overdoing things. Everything they've done has influenced waves of music that has followed in it's wake. Human After All still feels recent and bang upto date despite being god knows how many years old.

I know this album isn't even out yet, but is there any word on what their next project is likely to be? As much as I appreciate that they do soundtracks and films and whatnot would it be too much to ask that they spunk out another masterpiece like Human After All? That only took a few months or something.

There was rumours of another main album coming from them in 2011 but that's just rumour, no evidence from what I can find. I hope so though, would be brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...