Hardened Edition:

- Call of Duty: Black Ops full game

- Premium, special-edition SteelBook™ case

- Limited edition Black Ops collector’s medal w/display case

- 4 additional co-op maps not included in the standard edition of the game

- Special Black Ops Xbox Live or PlayStation Home avatar outfit

QGEfU.jpg

Prestige Edition:

The Prestige Edition is what every hardcore Call of Duty fan needs. It includes everything in the Hardened Edition, along with a real remote-control vehicle modeled after the in-game RC-XD killstreak reward! The RC-XD’s features include:

- Video & audio sent wirelessly to remote transmitter (200 ft. range)

- 2” backlit TFT 220 x176 color screen built into RC controller

- Digital proportional steering and throttle

- Independent suspension

- High and low speed settings

- Custom pistol grip style RC controller

- Display stand

5LRYk.jpg

zcRZn.jpg

10tVc.jpg

Zombie maps are rumoured to be coming, no other confirmation for this beyond a piece by Gamesradar.

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/call-of-duty-black-ops/news/new-evidence-of-zombies-in-call-of-duty-black-ops-but-why-are-they-still-not-confirmed/a-20100903104536895071/g-20100430155437473001

:)

- 4 additional co-op maps not included in the standard edition of the game

<_<

Godawful idea. Splits the online community before you open the fucking box, never mind after a few months when DLC appears.

Treyarch simply make / milk too many packs. Cha-Ching!

They're co op maps. Hardly splitting the community!

Ah, thats not too bad, thought they were mplayer maps.

Still, I remember the days when teams/developers crammed in stuff right to the last moment (often to the chargin of the Test team and management)- now they deliberately slice off parts of the game prior to release.

The noise from dev teams over the years:

1990s "Save it for the sequel"

2000s "Save it for the DLC"

2010 "Remove it, make it optional and charge more right away!"

Treyarch simply make / milk too many packs. Cha-Ching!

:rolleyes: Obvious troll/10.

Just for parity I think you'll find it's any games company in general that push for these "extra special" more expensive editions. Activision/Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 had hardened and prestige editions, EA/DiCE's Bad Company 2 had it's "limited Gold Edition", Microsoft/Bungie's Halo Reach has it's heroic and legendary editions, even Ubisoft's Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell as well as Microsoft/Remedy's Alan Wake all had various editions that cost more moolah for very little in the way of "extras".

Anyhoo, in regard to the game it's looking quite good really. I like that they've taken some stuff forward from their MP on Quantum of Solace with "money buys guns and perks" system. And graphically it looks as good as any of the IW CoD games in my opinion. But then again I enjoyed the WaW and QoS MP games immensely so perhaps I am a bit Treyarch biased :D

As long as it's MP is as good as, if not better than, Treyarch's previous efforts and there's 4 player co-op in the form of story mode and/or zombies then it's a definitive day one purchase for me!

Does anyone here really believe that Treyarch, or for that matter any developer (except those select few that self-publish or have massive clout) decides what is included/excluded from each edition? It's the publisher that makes that call, so rather than saying "Yeah, Treyarch, gouging bastards!", you should be saying "Yeah, Activision, gouging bastards". Besides, the 4 maps from WaW zombie mode are hardly that much of a bonus considering the Hardened edition's inflated price.

I really like the look of the maps - nice variety in environments and colours, and I like the slightly more saturated tones that are used. The colours used in the streets in the 'Cracked' video posted by The Sarge are reminiscent of Uncharted 2.

Not trolling at all - I think its true, and of most companies also, not just Treyarch.

I personally preferred the IW games, as the maps themselves were IMO better - or at least had some absolute stunners that people still remember fondly - but I will no doubt be getting this on day 1 also. Mostly I guess because of the need for another meaty shooter (!) and I have lost the love for MW2.

.....as well as Microsoft/Remedy's Alan Wake all had various editions that cost more moolah for very little in the way of "extras".

Whoa whoa whoa... totally agree apart from this bit. A 150 page hardbound book with tons of game backstory, a dvd with every trailer from 6 years of development, full developers commentary that runs within the main game, 2 premium dash themes, 10 gamerpicture, avatar clothes, 10 Track Soundtrack on CD ..for an extra £5.

But yeah Ubisoft are the kings of shit special edition, not to mention those overpriced Reach ones. Tat of the highest order

:rolleyes: Obvious troll/10.

Just for parity I think you'll find it's any games company in general that push for these "extra special" more expensive editions. Activision/Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 had hardened and prestige editions, EA/DiCE's Bad Company 2 had it's "limited Gold Edition", Microsoft/Bungie's Halo Reach has it's heroic and legendary editions, even Ubisoft's Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell as well as Microsoft/Remedy's Alan Wake all had various editions that cost more moolah for very little in the way of "extras".

Anyhoo, in regard to the game it's looking quite good really. I like that they've taken some stuff forward from their MP on Quantum of Solace with "money buys guns and perks" system. And graphically it looks as good as any of the IW CoD games in my opinion. But then again I enjoyed the WaW and QoS MP games immensely so perhaps I am a bit Treyarch biased :D

As long as it's MP is as good as, if not better than, Treyarch's previous efforts and there's 4 player co-op in the form of story mode and/or zombies then it's a definitive day one purchase for me!

I'd agree that alot of companies now are pushing these mostly crappy special editions, not just Activison/Treyarch, one thing thats not so good about the Treyarch way of things for additional content is that with WaW they virtually forced you into buying the map packs to have a free flowing experience. They decided to code in (i imagine since IW had no problems with it on CoD4/MW2) the whole kicking back to the lobby if you didnt have the map packs, so you could sit there for a minute waiting for the game to start only to then be booted. I seriously hope they dont plan on doing that for Black Ops (they probably will) - i dont see why people should be punished for not purchasing map packs.

Judging from the videos, i'd sadly disagree it looks as good as IW offering aswell, both graphically and sound wise it doesnt seem as well polished. Having said that its still a day 1 purchase for me too. It looks like its gonna be alot of fun and it really wont take much for it to improve on WaW for me, since i didnt enjoy it all that much (and didnt put nearly as much time into it as CoD4/MW2).

That sounds very anti-Treyarch of me, but i seriously hope they've done a good job, its looking pretty good so far!

Apparently below is what they have in their dev playlist. They're asking the community what sort of playlists they want to see on the official forums:

CORE

- Team Deathmatch

- Merc Team Deathmatch (no parties)

- Free for All

- Domination

- Ground War (TDM and DOMINATION on large® maps)

- Search & Destroy

- Capture The Flag

- Headquarters

- Demolition

- Sabotage

HARDCORE

-Team Deathmatch (12 players)

-Search & Destroy (12 player)

-Free for All (8 player)

BAREBONES

-Bones TDM (12 players, Team Deathmatch, everything disabled. No Perks, Kilsltreaks, Attachments, or Contracts)

-Classic TDM (12 players, killstreaks at 3, 5 and 7 levels like MW1 did)

PRESTIGE

(Nothing implemented yet - these would be play lists that you have to be a Prestige user in order to access. You know you will be playing with or against the best, most dedicated players, if you end up in here)

Not final and he says he's aware of the demand for more Hardcore and Barebones lists. He also notes that he thinks that's too many for Core.

Also, their current setup for the Wager Matches:

ANTE UP (FFA based, 6 players, low-buy in, parties allowed)

-One in the Chamber

-Sticks and Stones

-Gun Game

-Sharpshooter

WEEKEND GAMBLER (FFA based, 6 players, medium buy-in, no parties allowed)

-One in the Chamber

-Sticks and Stones

-Gun Game

-Sharpshooter

HIGH ROLLER (FFA based, 6 players, super high buy-in, no parties allowed)

-Pro Gambler (all 4 of the above modes, you are gambling now so ... it's gamble)

Three part interview below. Confirms a few things such as no coop campaign and VOIP for the Nintendo Wii version, they're going to be making a headset specifically for the Wii version. Also confirmed, split screen multiplayer.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/gamertagradio/videos/246/

http://www.viddler.com/explore/gamertagradio/videos/249/

http://www.viddler.com/explore/gamertagradio/videos/251/

Someone probably already mentioned it, but didn't Counter Strike already pioneer the gun game/random weapon gametypes that have been directly ripped off for this game? They aren't trying to pass them off as innovations are they?

Someone probably already mentioned it, but didn't Counter Strike already pioneer the gun game/random weapon gametypes that have been directly ripped off for this game? They aren't trying to pass them off as innovations are they?

No, they called it a community favourite and have never said they came up with it. They never specifically stated it was from Counterstrike either but never claimed it as their own idea.

Yeah it's from CS, but I don't think Treyarch or anyone is pretending it was their idea. They said it was requested by the community, and I guess it's only been copied now because they wanted more unusual gametypes. *edit* what he said^

Is the MP set in one time period? It's just the weapons all look 80s, but there's random modern things too. And with crossbows, RC cars and flamethrowers it seems crazier than MW2. The new modes look fun though.

Yeah, two or three kills is better. Though saying that, it's fucking annoying if you drop in and are handicapped with a crappy pistol while everyone else is running around with gatling guns or rocket launchers, yet have to get a couple of lucky kills somehow.

It's not a new thing at all and like others said, never claimed it as their own. I think Halo 2 had a similar mode as well- it was called siesta or something and would spawn everyone with a random weapon every few rounds

It's not a new thing at all and like others said, never claimed it as their own. I think Halo 2 had a similar mode as well- it was called siesta or something and would spawn everyone with a random weapon every few rounds

fiesta

also it didn't really work too well in Halo 2 imo due to the massive discrepancies in weapon power. Would work far better in a game like COD