IGNORED

Call of Duty: Black Ops - *Multiplayer Thread*

The Sarge

Whiners gotta whine.

Don't know if that's aimed at me at all (I've certainly complained a lot in this thread) but I don't think I ever made a negative post in say, the CoD4 thread, and in many threads in here I've little but positive things to say about some of the great games we've had recently. I'm sad that they've made a lot of great decisions but have fouled up in some really - for me - obvious ways.

When you look at the heat maps of the kills are really consistently spread about so maybe they were focusing on that to avoid bottlenecks but lost sight of the actual reality of it which is a fair amount of spawn death action.

This is it, and why I think the maps aren't up to scratch. Bottlenecks and focal points are requirements of a good map. If you don't have focal points on a map where people are going to congregate, then you don't have flanking routes or quiet areas. It's all grey. And you don't have those epic, drawn out battles like when your team tries to take over the two storey house in Overgrown from various angles, for example.

How many people have actually said that, though? About two? The rest of us are people who have played an awful lot of Call of Duty and see things wrong with the game. If you only want to read positive things you could try reading the back of the box over and over.

I'm with you Timmo o/

Not sure how it's whining to recognise legit flaws amongst some good improvements.

They probably didn't like spawntraps, so went too far the other way with wierd spawns and less bottlenecks for instant action. As you say, if it's all action with no flow then it does seem grey. Now nowhere is safe when you drop in, and your team could be anywhere. At least spawntraps kept you with your bros, so you could mount awesome flanking breakouts!

So much of this game is an improvement on MW2, I really just don't want to go back to the fucking killstreak bullshit mess that that game is. So much of it is unfair, so much of it is pure bullshit.

The spawn system is not good in black ops, but that's a fundamental thing that could well be easily fixed. If this happens I'm sure we'll be onto a real winner. A truly excellent COD mp.

Alternatively we could of all stuck to COD4, a tweak here and there and some new maps... all would be good...but Activision are cunts after all.

Just look at TF2! out the same time as COD4 and supported properly. Could you imagine if Activision were not so greedy? and they properly supported a online COD game? evolved from COD4 with a plethora of maps?

I'd never leave my house.

Bitching about knifing and the spawn system....It's difficult pleasing you fuckers huh <_<

Fine so the game has its faults, but I genuinely believe that this COD will be supported and patched like crazy by Treyarch. I look forward to the future with them supporting their game with improved spawns, better sound (footsteps etc), more maps, more modes etc. They definitely will not leave us high and dry like IW did.

Why not focus on the good stuff?

Amazing maps (minus Nuketown)

Great selection of weapons (how come they didn't include all the weapons from single player though)

The killstreaks

COD points

Wager mode

This game is just so addictive and Treyarch is known for listening to the community so guaranteed they're addressing all the problems which people have pointed out.

To put a smile on your face (in light of the negative past couple of pages), check out how fucking awesome this clip is, and really what theatre mode is about I think:

http://www.youtube.com/user/machinimarespawn?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/4/Yg268PprSPo

Haha why don't you miserable cunts neg every positive comment about this game.

But then again if you've play MW2 for 60days or something like that i guess you don't have much else going on in your life.

Edited by Uncle Mike
User was warned for this post.

This game is just so addictive and Treyarch is known for listening to the community so guaranteed they're addressing all the problems which people have pointed out.

They're also known for punishing you for not buying their maps. I bought World at War six months after release; every time a map came up I didn't own it threw me out the room. New search... it puts me in a room for a map I don't have. (Note that I don't know this yet as I don't know which maps are included). I wait for the 60 second countdown, at which point it throws me out the room and brings up the guide telling me to buy the maps. I've had the game an hour!

I could get one or games before being thrown out of rooms.

This happened in neither IW game so I can only assume it's Treyarch and not Activision.

If they support this game well (and don't do this again) I'll forgive them, but they're not in my good books right now.

But then again if you've play MW2 for 60days or something like that i guess you don't have much else going on in your life.

That's definitely a proportionate response to someone not liking your post.

"Team Rllmuk keeping it grumble" isn't exactly a postive comment about the game.

Team Jimmy keep it happy.

:lol:

They're also known for punishing you for not buying their maps. I bought World at War six months after release; every time a map came up I didn't own it threw me out the room. New search... it puts me in a room for a map I don't have. (Note that I don't know this yet as I don't know which maps are included). I wait for the 60 second countdown, at which point it throws me out the room and brings up the guide telling me to buy the maps. I've had the game an hour!

I could get one or games before being thrown out of rooms.

This happened in neither IW game so I can only assume it's Treyarch and not Activision.

If they support this game well (and don't do this again) I'll forgive them, but they're not in my good books right now.

Aye that was a fucking joke. World At War MP got about 2 hours play from me.

Partly because it was fucking shit, but also partly because of that map pack bullshit.

Yes, it's totally unreasonable to complain about two things which affect every single minute of gameplay.

Well the knifing is nowhere near as bad as MW2, and the spawn system I've kinda got used to it now. Spy planes really help you out as well.

Here's a pretty cool video on how to play nuketown effectively:

Oh, and you can neg all you want...does it really mean anything anyways??? :coffee:

Popped in to see if there was any good chat about the game I'm enjoying.

Found loads of people moaning.

RLLMUK tm.

I really wish there was a "we think black ops is shit" thread :sherlock:

Bitching about knifing and the spawn system....It's difficult pleasing you fuckers huh <_<

Fine so the game has its faults, but I genuinely believe that this COD will be supported and patched like crazy by Treyarch. I look forward to the future with them supporting their game with improved spawns, better sound (footsteps etc), more maps, more modes etc. They definitely will not leave us high and dry like IW did.

Why not focus on the good stuff?

Amazing maps (minus Nuketown)

Great selection of weapons (how come they didn't include all the weapons from single player though)

The killstreaks

COD points

Wager mode

To put a smile on your face (in light of the negative past couple of pages), check out how fucking awesome this clip is, and really what theatre mode is about I think:

I have no idea what you're talking about now. No one is negging anyone for enjoying the game.

@myoozikk

Anyway as omizzay say irrelevant Internet points really don't matter. Toodle pip I'm off to enjoy playing games I'll leave you to your grumbles :)

Well they obviously weren't negged for the positive bits of their posts! And all but a few of the infamous 'moaning' posts are by CoD lovers discussing their disappointment with a game they generally like in a folder called 'Discussion'. Bye though!

just neg everyone who says they are enjoying the game.

I'm enjoying the game, you insensitive prick!

PS. Nova Gas is a major disappointment in MP. Considering the whole point of the main campaign, giving a camper a couple of seconds of minor inconvenience doesn't really cut it. And then they get to use a tactical mask anyway. I want a type of gas that I can throw in a room and then set it ablaze with my flamethrower to incinerate the dark corner rats.