IGNORED

Call of Duty: Black Ops - *Multiplayer Thread*

The Sarge

Wings is definitely a douche. In real life, I would never be friends with him, and i doubt he has many "real" friends who don't own MAC10s or spit chewing tobacco coz they think it's cool.

Regardless, I have watched a lot of his vids, especially on MW2 and now Black Ops. The tactical advice and knowlege he gives regarding these games has definitely helped my game out no end. I'm not really referring to his ultra campy domination vids but more of his tdm games where he helps shed some light on your surroundings, good spots and general awareness.

If you take him for what he is, then who cares really. If you meet him in real life, then you can smack one on top of the head.

Wings is definitely a douche. In real life, I would never be friends with him, and i doubt he has many "real" friends who don't own MAC10s or spit chewing tobacco coz they think it's cool.

Regardless, I have watched a lot of his vids, especially on MW2 and now Black Ops. The tactical advice and knowlege he gives regarding these games has definitely helped my game out no end. I'm not really referring to his ultra campy domination vids but more of his tdm games where he helps shed some light on your surroundings, good spots and general awareness.

If you take him for what he is, then who cares really. If you meet him in real life, then you can smack one on top of the head.

Indeed.

That video the other week where he compares the red dot to the reflex sight is a decent example. Small beans, but useful to know. Especially when the official line is that there is no difference.

Good games last night guys. I've barely played the game yet and the last CoD I played multiplayer for any length was the first one so it's all a bit new to me. I spent most of my time being amazed at how effective just about every weapon seems to be in this game. I must be going crazy too but it felt like my guns were more accurate and had less recoil when I had silencers on them.

So many great moments with the shotguns too. Just make sure you don't have the Olympia and the Python at the same time!

Good games last night guys. I've barely played the game yet and the last CoD I played multiplayer for any length was the first one so it's all a bit new to me. I spent most of my time being amazed at how effective just about every weapon seems to be in this game. I must be going crazy too but it felt like my guns were more accurate and had less recoil when I had silencers on them.

So many great moments with the shotguns too. Just make sure you don't have the Olympia and the Python at the same time!

Muzzle flash and loudness give the illusion of more recoil, definitely the same, though.

Really enjoying my new shotgun class; gripped stakeout with lightweight, steady aim pro and marathon. Lightweight and SAP essentially mean you always have the upper hand, even when sprinting.

Muzzle flash and loudness give the illusion of more recoil, definitely the same, though.

Really enjoying my new shotgun class; gripped stakeout with lightweight, steady aim pro and marathon. Lightweight and SAP essentially mean you always have the upper hand, even when sprinting.

Told you lightweight was good Bignuts.

After struggling with loadouts and weapon choices I think I've settled on the FN FAL. It's a fantastic gun and well aimed shots bring them down in double quick time and thanks to whoever told me to get Sleight of Hand Pro - its a good advantage to have! With that settled and Scavenger for my first slot I'm struggling as to what to have in the third. At the moment I'm trying Hacker and that seems good enough so far.

Still contemplating to trading in while its got some value as while I'm enjoying it at the moment, I don't think it'll last as long MW2 did or Battlefield Bad Company 2 which is still lots of fun!

If you use the dual mags attachment I think you start with twice as much total ammo, so you could then ditch scavenger for something else...

I really like my red dot attachment though. I'll have to have a play around with different ones and see if anything fits. Although I do like scavenger and sleight of hand so will no doubt end sticking with them.

The Sound of Black Ops (a cool hip hop beat type video):

quite well done, though i get the impression someone has too much time on their hands :lol:

Switched to normal mode after all this talk of shotguns to give it a go, initially incredibly annoying, but am getting into the swing of it, very satisfying when it works! Seems like lag is a real killer when your using shotties though.

i gave up on the shotties after playing gun game and regularly getting 4 hit markers with the spas and no kill, and the stakeout. well. don't even get me started on that.

The Stakeout is utterly amazing, I was regularly getting the Blackbird with it last night. You must ensure they are in the centre of your sights when you press the trigger, don't be scared to spend an extra split second ensuring your shot will hit. Never fire it from the hip, either.

Funnily enough I've been repeatedly struggling to make the step from Blackbird to Dogs. Only three kills and they should be easy knowing where everyone is, yet I get complacent and rush about. The blackbird often means you're in a race with your team-mates to get the kills. It is BY FAR the best killstreak though, bar none. From a team perspective, of course. Last night we kept coming up against teams all running RC cars instead of spy planes. May as well not even play because there's no way you're winning. There's a surprisingly low number of people running ghost. People always go for the perks with the biggest immediate effect.