IGNORED

RPL Town - Season 8!

Tomox

I am honey/soy pork stir fry from last night to polish off, might have an apple shortly...

I'm having pork stir fry tonight, not tried it with honey before so might give that a go.

Lunch today was a parma ham and parmesan roll. And I've got a Kit Kat for later. I've already had an apple and two bananas for brekkie.

Dave's wrap from yesterday is still the winner.

its dead easy, just table spoon of honey, couple of table spoons of soy sauce, some garlic and maybe a little fresh corriender. Leave the pork in it for a bit and then fry it all up with some veg. lovely job.

Dave's wrap did sound epic, I was almost tempted to pop round his office to check it out!

Having had a look around the BAP folder, we're clearly odds on to win the league.

The City thread is full of talk about 'beefy men'.

The United thread is full of bickering and a victim mentality.

The Wanderers thread is full of Ice Hockey.

The Athletic thread is a fucking shambles.

And the Rovers thread is them actually trying to talk tactics like it'll make any difference to them getting spanked.

And then there's us. Discussing the finer points of which fuel to provide the fire in our bellies for our matches. Dietary requirement, that's where footy is won or lost.

So, as Joffy hasn't spoken up yet, I'm going to initially bagsy LW and Robben. :(

But I do so with the promise that I'm practicing my free kicks (crossed fk's that is) and corners.

dutch_fan.jpg

its dead easy, just table spoon of honey, couple of table spoons of soy sauce, some garlic and maybe a little fresh corriender. Leave the pork in it for a bit and then fry it all up with some veg. lovely job.

I'll give that a whirl. Normally do sesame pork (soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and caster sugar) + veg and then toasted sesame seeds on top. Mmmmm.

The City thread is full of talk about 'beefy men'.

I've not a huge beef fan, unless it's a burger obv.

I'd love to see us give that default 4-5-1 formation a try.

Van Bommel also plays as a LB and has a better rating there than Oojier (I think), so he could drop back, meaning Van der Vaart could turn one of the two CDM's into a CM and use his short passing skills.

Might be a better formation against a stronger attacking team (i.e City) to break up their play?

I agree with pants, although the tricky thing will be making those two CDM's work, they will have to work hard to cover the width of the pitch if the 3 forward facing midfielder's push forward.

Personally I think we need to experiment as much as we can in the athletico cup so we can see what works and then lock it down so everyone can settle and put together a title winning run!

I started using the diamond. Completely switched the back line around so it lines up as

De Jong (79) - Mathijsen (80) - Van Bommel (81) - Heitinga (78)

With the 4-3-3, id have a midfield three as a RM CDM and LM. Then a straightforward front 3. Not sure on players yet, though..!

I thnk the diamond gives the best balance overall. But I think to make it work properly you need a very flexible front 3 and wide men who track back. Sometimes it can be hard to get it right.

4-5-1 is worth a shout. I'm not convinced by 4-3-3, but it's worth a look at least.

I think the key is to pick a formation for the first league game and stick with it. There's no point in chopping and changing, even if we have a bad result. I think one of the good things we did at City was have a formation that we've played for 3/4 seasons now. It gives everyone a chance to get used to their position, who they should be tracking, etc.

Generally we end up with at least 4 people bombing forward when we have the ball and the difficulty we have with the diamond is that the LM and RM often play like winger; too high up the pitch. I think have a couple of CDM will share the workload (although they will need to be strong/fit players) giving the forward three licence to roam a little, tracking wide or playing it tight. I can't see the loan striker getting too lonely ;-)

Also agree with Sladies comments about locking formation down and sticking with it.

When I say lonely, I mean when we've got the ball, if we play it up to the striker, being on his own will make it very difficult. Holding the ball up is quite hard.

We could go with 2 cdms two wide men and two forwards, or a CAM/ST combo. Then essentially, CAM or striker would drop deep to recieve the ball and create.

Yeah the Dutch default has a dropped off CF role behind the striker rather than a CAM, ala Rooney for England.

But let's try a couple and I agree with sticking to one. We chopped and changed and United, it really didn't work as you were never sure who was covering etc. I remember in one match having my single foray forward from CDM and bumping into Tyler playing as our CB on the edge of their area. :(