IGNORED

RPL Town - Season 8!

Tomox

Sorry lads, got stuck at work.

I might not be able to make both games tomorrow either, going to see Avatar (finally) at the Imax at midnight, so will have to shoot out at eleven.

Avatar? Damn I apologise for all my swearing during our games now. I didn't realise you were 12 yrs old.

(PS Did you get a game last night I asked the remaining guys to sort you an invite if they were carrying on)

Not too bad last night, but I was awful controlling the whole defense. Ricky abd Yawdib were ripping me to pieces...

Line-up for the first game will be the same as last week:

Billy ----Sladie----Tobert----Joffy

---------------Dave-------------

---Tomox----------------Pants--

-------------Johnny-------------

--------Mattie------Petey--------

It's a 10.15 KO tonight, so there's no way you'll make the second game Pants. Tomox would you be OK to take both the wide midfielders as the Any?

I think it was Dave (?) who said last night that we always start slowly in matches. I'd agree, and that's the one thing we can't do tonight. Let's try and come out of the blocks quickly, pressuring them in midfield and closing them down all over the pitch.

It would be good if you can all make it on for 10 tonight so we can play a half of practice.

Let's do this.

I think it was Dave (?) who said last night that we always start slowly in matches. I'd agree, and that's the one thing we can't do tonight. Let's try and come out of the blocks quickly, pressuring them in midfield and closing them down all over the pitch.

Yep none of this laissez-faire attitude lads.

I should get a prize for the use of laissez-faire in the rllmuk football forum. Funtime Dave always educating, always caring.

Thanks for the games last night, I thought we were good going forward but I was terrible at the back and, as sladie said, Ricky and Yawdib where ripping us a new one. It also illustrated what a great job Dave does, we concede 1 goal in the first half when he was playing but then proceeded to concede 4 in the second when he was booted. Its almost like having a 5th defender and makes a big difference.

After the shenanigans with Wanderders last week can we stress to City that its a 10:15 kick of, as in we START PLAYING, at 10:15 not them starting to appear online at 10:20 and then finally kicking off at 10:30. In fact I think if we haven't kicked off by 10:25 at the latest then they should forfeit the game and we get an automatic 3-0 win.

We put together some great performances last week, we didn't do much different to previous weeks but that final bit just clicked and we worked well as a team. Let continue that this week, keep the communication up, keep the discipline no matter if we are go up for down and we have a good chance of taking the points.

Up the TOWN!

DutchSoccerFans.jpg

Thanks for the games last night, I thought we were good going forward but I was terrible at the back and, as sladie said, Ricky and Yawdib where ripping us a new one.

The practice last night was all about the attacking play really, I didn't care how we played at the back - that's why I played the any!! You're not really going to get a good defensive practice unless you have at 3 of the back 4 on so it made sense to focus on the attack. Yawdib and Ricky were just too good for me...I didn't realise that Dave got kicked from one of the games!!

As a reminder, in attack let's look for the simple pass for the man in space. There were a couple of times last night when we ignored someone in acres. I know it's not easy, and it's never going to be 100%, but just keep it in mind to always to looking for options.

I am sure that things will work a bit more smoothly this week. We DID start the game at a reasonable time first off, but it then took 20 minutes to restart after Poppa got kicked.

...I didn't realise that Dave got kicked from one of the games!!

In my never ending but highly interesting battle against lag I have in my hands 2 x 10 metre long RJ45 cables and also an extender box (don't get excited Tobert).

The upshot being that tonight my lovelies I will hopefully be playing via a wired conenction which will identify if my lag issues are hardware related (i.e. my wireless router) or down to some other mysteries of the ethernet.

I can provide updates on events via a twitter page if enough interest is shown and any sudden dropping of connection will be because the wife has come home and politely enquired 'WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS THIS STUPID WIRE DOING IN OUR HOUSE. IS IT TO DO WITH YOUR STUPID FUCKING XBOX GAMES' Ho hum - King of the Castle and all that.

I am disappointted that no theme has been set for tonights game. Is this an indication that we have a belief we might win?

Just to Echo the other comments thought we were great tonight, everyone played well and everyone played their role, other than the slightly dubious goals their end it was a fantastic game of football with two evenly matched teams slugging it out.

Prop's to pants as well, he was the calm voice when we went down, steadying everyone and getting us to focus on our football. It lead to some controlled and well word football (At one point it felt like we strung together 10-15 passed) and the forward play was excellent. It was very telling that our pass completion in the second game was 78% (vs 68% for city) and testiment to the great stuff we were putting together.

Gutted about conceding in the first game but I was suffering from bad button lag and frame rate stuttering so baring was able to just nick in front of me.

It was one of the most enjoyable bap games in a long time and feels like there is a real sense of confidence in the team

Oh and I honest didn't realise I said "unlucky" that much... :)

Oh and the defense was awesomely awesome tonight. We limited them to so few chances and only conceded through errors caused by lag or a bit of bad luck. Not just the back 4 either, the midfield and pete and mattie were pressing and rushing them.

Interestingly, it would seem we don't bother scoring the simple goals. We just smash in rockets. My first, Pants' and Humdrums were brilliant. Looking forward to seeing them on Baring TV :lol:

Indeed, you are my MOTM for the first, that first goal was sublime :)