RPL Town - Season 8!

Tomox

played everyone, the come back from 2-0 was amazing!

the defence played brilliantly tonight. we limited them to only a few chances and if you consider some of citys scorelines this season i think it shows that we are slowing starting to gel as a team.

i'll have a go at the back if people do what to swap it around. though it might be nice to try and win the cup. as we seem to be getting into a good run of form lately.

well done again everyone fantastic performance.

Well played lads. It is a testament to how much we bossed the games in that I don't even know who was on the other team. They were never on the ball so never saw their Gamertags.

Good positioning lead to good marking lead to a lack of options lead to us picking up the stray passes or long balls. Only downside was a slight panic in our step when the early goal went in and we seemed to forget the mantra of 'support' or 'make space' up front but this was soon rectified and a minor blip, plus it is easy to point these things out when not the one isolated on the ball.

Highlights of the night has to be Tomox and his Rocket Ronnie Rosenthal Rooster Booster into the top corner and Mattie's Devastating Destroyer - the goal of Justice as I shall now refer to it although I am confused why people think a random act of madness is not directly attributable to Joffy (how did you get away with that?)

The second game was the epitomy of team play, the 57 passes we had around their box was like watching my cat tease a mouse, cruel but also fascinating. No matter what happens the rest of the season I felt this game made our mark more than last week's win. A team of talent, skill, desire and from the photos I have seen by far the best looking team in BAP.

If we swap around for the cup, can I request a little journey up front, happy to be any of LM, CAM, RM, RS or LS but equally happy to stay put. Given Pants request above then he can be my French Pen Pal and I shall piss in his lauggage when his back is turned.

If we swap around for the cup, can I request a little journey up front, happy to be any of LM, CAM, RM, RS or LS but equally happy to stay put. Given Pants request above then he can be my French Pen Pal and I shall piss in his lauggage when his back is turned.

I've got pencilled in for CAM :)

Highlights of the night has to be Tomox and his Rocket Ronnie Rosenthal Rooster Booster into the top corner and Mattie's Devastating Destroyer - the goal of Justice as I shall now refer to it although I am confused why people think a random act of madness is not directly attributable to Joffy (how did you get away with that?)

"thats for the penalty" :)

The second game was the epitomy of team play, the 57 passes we had around their box was like watching my cat tease a mouse, cruel but also fascinating. No matter what happens the rest of the season I felt this game made our mark more than last week's win. A team of talent, skill, desire and from the photos I have seen by far the best looking team in BAP.

There were points last night when I thought we were playing the best football I have seen from a town side. At one point it reminded me of that world cup game where Argentina strung together 17 passes and score. Even with the draws it was really enjoyable

I am happy to stay put, maybe have one game up field but honestly I don't think I could play better than any of the midfielders/forwards did last night.

I am happy to stay put, maybe have one game up field but honestly I don't think I could play better than any of the midfielders/forwards did last night.

If the overwhelming feeling is that we should stick with the same formations then we can just have a couple of minor tweaks. But my vote would be to mix it up - swapping the attack and defense. It's not about playing better or worse than anyone else in those roles, rather having a laugh whilst still being competitive. A couple of games in other people's positions usual helps in terms of comms - wearing someone else's boots, etc.

If the overwhelming feeling is that we should stick with the same formations then we can just have a couple of minor tweaks. But my vote would be to mix it up - swapping the attack and defense. It's not about playing better or worse than anyone else in those roles, rather having a laugh whilst still being competitive. A couple of games in other people's positions usual helps in terms of comms - wearing someone else's boots, etc.

Cool, I am happy to go anywhere really other than the fall backs :)

Its probably also worth noting that there is £2m for winning and 500k for the runner up in this. The bonus' come in handy in 'stage 2' where your keeping on players. :)

On a completely seperate note is anyone planning on picking up Alien versus Predator. We always intened to have an RPL Town Defenders versus Attackers MW2 night. AvP looks like a good alternative with 18 player inter species death match - alien v marine v predator.

Or there is a hunt the predator with everyone a marine versus one predator player. Obviously Tobert would be the one picked on everytime or maybe Joffy. Joffy seems like he is never alone, even if he is by himself.

If you are thinking of getting it give us a shout although since it is new and expensive I understand if people are holding fire, especially with the MW2 league kicking off.

On a completely seperate note is anyone planning on picking up Alien versus Predator. We always intened to have an RPL Town Defenders versus Attackers MW2 night. AvP looks like a good alternative with 18 player inter species death match - alien v marine v predator.

Or there is a hunt the predator with everyone a marine versus one predator player. Obviously Tobert would be the one picked on everytime or maybe Joffy. Joffy seems like he is never alone, even if he is by himself.

If you are thinking of getting it give us a shout although since it is new and expensive I understand if people are holding fire, especially with the MW2 league kicking off.

:wub:

Don't think I will be getting AvP and sold MW2 unfortunately. Will probably get battlefield bad company 3 though...

MotM Awards v City

First game - Dave

I had the deciding vote between Dave, Billy and Tomox and it was a tough call because they all played fantastic games. But I think that Dave gets the nod for being an absolute rock.

the-rock-20070517-257091.jpg

Second game - Johnny

I had to make a decision between Dave and Johnny this time. I think Johnny gets it for being calm on the ball, always playing the simple pass to the man in space and basically seeming to be everywhere on the pitch.

Well done lads.

MotM Awards v City

First game - Dave

I had the deciding vote between Dave, Billy and Tomox and it was a tough call because they all played fantastic games. But I think that Dave gets the nod for being an absolute rock.

the-rock-20070517-257091.jpg

Second game - Johnny

I had to make a decision between Dave and Johnny this time. I think Johnny gets it for being calm on the ball, always playing the simple pass to the man in space and basically seeming to be everywhere on the pitch.

Well done lads.

Well done chap, and the guys who where nominated, all thoroughly deserved :wub:

Played the demo - truly awful

Can't agree more Winch.

Terrible first person shooter, poor controls for Alien. Clumsy Predator can 'grab' from 5 foot-ish away from the enemy, but can't 'grab' when he is literally right behind them. Sluggish melee animations. Terrible.

Should have stuck with RTS on PC.

Can't agree more Winch.

Terrible first person shooter, poor controls for Alien. Clumsy Predator can 'grab' from 5 foot-ish away from the enemy, but can't 'grab' when he is literally right behind them. Sluggish melee animations. Terrible.

Should have stuck with RTS on PC.

Fuck - you guys need to get over to the thread in discussion. It is like a massive love in for the game there. You have now spoilt my eafternoon plans to buy this game. You knobs ;-)

To be fair I will be buying anyway, the multi player seems like a good laugh. Even more galling for some is that I am gonna be selling MW2 to pay for it. Worse case - play it, hate it, trade it and Battlefield BC3 is purchased with my ill gotten gains.

Download he demo first mate - seriously!

appreciate the advice but I am a man and therefore have no patience, plus as my fellow town members will testify, being the Richie Rich of the league I can ignore the financial aspects.

I should have tried the demo last week, now it is out I MUST OWN IT.

appreciate the advice but I am a man and therefore have no patience, plus as my fellow town members will testify, being the Richie Rich of the league I can ignore the financial aspects.

I should have tried the demo last week, now it is out I MUST OWN IT.

Finance shminance - your time is more valuable than any of these earth pounds these humans deal in and you sir, are wasting it