IGNORED

RPL Town - Season 8!

Tomox

just going on last weeks finishing time of 10.26 :lol:

Well it explains this article I was reading recently on dutch football hooligans.

A new craze in Holland is leaving Smart car owners smarting.

Dutch pranksters in Amsterdam have dumped dozens of the tiny two-seater cars into the city's waterways.

And now police fear the bizarre trend will spread to the UK and the rest of Europe.

Eco-friendly Smart cars are small enough to be picked up by just a few people and dumped into the Dutch capital's canals.

One Smart sales worker said: "We're not supposed to talk about this because the police don't want the craze to spread but we've had quite a few drowned cars returned to us."

Also I am quite happy to spend the first 26 minutes complaining how FIFA is unfair and broken in the absence of Petey and Tomox :)

:lol: thats quite a tame picture of the back of a post with the words "touch of the ball" in it.

Athletic this week, bang up for the game as I want revenge for the drubbing they gave us in the first week of the season

:lol: thats quite a tame picture of the back of a post with the words "touch of the ball" in it.

Athletic this week, bang up for the game as I want revenge for the drubbing they gave us in the first week of the season

Many of my minions have sight of my 42 inch monitor and therefore I cannot corrupt their minds with images that could distract them from making me money.

Anyway the image on screen is irrelevant, as you well know Tobert whatever the picture was, you would still have a picture of a 'cock' in your mind.

See ya tonight my footballing buddy.

Anyway the image on screen is irrelevant, as you well know Tobert whatever the picture was, you would still have a picture of a 'cock' in your mind.

See ya tonight my footballing buddy.

stock-vector-happy-rooster-27097951.jpg

42 inches, blimey I am stuck with 15 and I work for Sony!

I'll be around from 9ish tomorrow Winch and any other Town boys.

I may make practice this evening, we'll see. I'll keep you all in suspense as to whether I get my clogs on.

wtf_pics-fireman.jpg

that is quite a hose you have there and see why you have the moniker of pants.

Thanks for the games last night lads, first one we got mugged (although to be fair I gifted them a pen) but we looked much stronger in the first half of the second game and it was a good laugh as always.

Who are we missing tonight? Mattie is busy being a dad but it was mentioned we are down to 8 so who else is missing?

I can be on from 9 tonight tonearm you boys up. I'm sure some other of our folk will be kicking around

I dunno what Tomox is planing to do to you boys? I hope you are ready for some tonearming!

First game last night I was playing CDM in a more attacking role and it showed in it leaves massive gaps at the back. . . . tonight will be more constrained. if there is ab opportunity due to absence I would be keen to try CAM or a wing role - however this is just me expressing my thoughts not a diva tantrum or a whinge , happy in CDM just after the cup games it was nice to have a more attacking slant to my game.

Second game, you were stunning at CAM. The attacking trio of me you and Petey really

linked up well. Simple passes worked wonders.

Yes there was some good football played and as you said simple passes if we could have managed Robben scoring a low driven freekick then Pants would have wet himself.. Just don't let me near the goal when it is not a header I think is the lesson learnt ;-) My chip shot from 2 yds was all sorts of goodness.

As you know I am happy to play anywhere for Town even back into the ample bosom of defence if required. I presume it is an ample bosom due to Tobert mentioning he got a 'dab' on by running a mere 10 yds for a train on a cold winters morning. I mean he must have man boobs right? Don't destroy the dream Tobert.

I dunno what Tomox is planing to do to you boys? I hope you are ready for some tonearming!

First game last night I was playing CDM in a more attacking role and it showed in it leaves massive gaps at the back. . . . tonight will be more constrained. if there is ab opportunity due to absence I would be keen to try CAM or a wing role - however this is just me expressing my thoughts not a diva tantrum or a whinge , happy in CDM just after the cup games it was nice to have a more attacking slant to my game.

Having the CDM play infront of the back line and not charging off makes a HUGE different (as seen in our 4-1 drubbing), basically they should be considered as a 5th defender with licence to attack the person on the ball as they come into the final third. I do think you can push up when the time is right (corners etc) but generally that role should be spending the majority of the game in our half

Yes there was some good football played and as you said simple passes if we could have managed Robben scoring a low driven freekick then Pants would have wet himself.. Just don't let me near the goal when it is not a header I think is the lesson learnt ;-) My chip shot from 2 yds was all sorts of goodness.

As you know I am happy to play anywhere for Town even back into the ample bosom of defence if required. I presume it is an ample bosom due to Tobert mentioning he got a 'dab' on by running a mere 10 yds for a train on a cold winters morning. I mean he must have man boobs right? Don't destroy the dream Tobert.

What do you mean? here I am fixing t'computer and I think you will agree I am a fine specimine.

post-1847-1267700687.jpg

Having the CDM play infront of the back line and not charging off makes a HUGE different (as seen in our 4-1 drubbing), basically they should be considered as a 5th defender with licence to attack the person on the ball as they come into the final third. I do think you can push up when the time is right (corners etc) but generally that role should be spending the majority of the game in our half

What do you mean? here I am fixing t'computer and I think you will agree I am a fine specimine.

lol - seeing that I just got a 'dab' on. Is that wrong?

I think it's fairly safe to assume that we'll only have 8 on tonight. Tomox, I was looking at how well you were playing up-top in the last game and on the basis of last night you get the nod to go up front.

Options..someone is going to have to take 3 players in midfield. Now that's obviously going to be the two wide players + either CDM or CAM. One of these options will give us a bit more in attack, the other a bit more in defense. Having seen Dave/Tomox/Petey play brilliantly as a front 3 (albeit against an Any back 4) I am tempted to go with:

--Billy--sladie--Tobes--Joffy--

------------Pants------------

--Pants---------------Pants--

-------------Dave-----------

-----Tomox------Petey-----

We need a win tonight, and so we should go with the more attacking option. We'll hve to rely on some good defending from the back 4 and a bit of luck. But if we do go with this formation than it's absolutely crucial that the back 4 stays compact and behind the ball at all times. What do you think???

Options..someone is going to have to take 3 players in midfield. Now that's obviously going to be the two wide players + either CDM or CAM. One of these options will give us a bit more in attack, the other a bit more in defense. Having seen Dave/Tomox/Petey play brilliantly as a front 3 (albeit against an Any back 4) I am tempted to go with:

------------Pants------------

-------------Dave-----------

-----Tomox------Petey-----

We need a win tonight, and so we should go with the more attacking option. We'll hve to rely on some good defending from the back 4 and a bit of luck. But if we do go with this formation than it's absolutely crucial that the back 4 stays compact and behind the ball at all times. What do you think???

I if you go with this then you need to put the movement arrow as far back as possible for the CDM (and probably a little back for the LM and RM) that way pants can push on with a wide player when he has the ball know the opposite side should sit back. We can keep an eye on the CDM and get pants to pull him back if we see him going on a run.

If this doesn't work then I would suggest we swap around with a human CDM and an any CAM LM/RM maybe with Pants controlling those and FTD as the CDM

If nothing goes for me up top, then we'll switch it second game.

Tobes is spot on with changing the cdm mentality. Give him no attacking arrow an max defending. Hope it works....!

When I get back I'll have a look at Klass. Diddley felt a bit sluggish last night

Personally I think Dave controlling the CDM and Pants controlling the LM/RM and CAM is the way to go for the first game and change up in the second depending on how that goes.

Diddly isn't the quickest but he is strong which could make a difference against Croatia who are quite a strong team pysically

Tobes, normally that exactly what I'd do. But we need to win, and in some ways it doesn't matter if we get torn apart again because 2 defeats will probably mean we finish 5th again regardless of the scoreline. We've not been great in front of goal this season aside from wonder strikes, and so giving a little more to the attack seems to be the best option.

But I might change my mind anyway :)

Edit: the other consideration is whether Joffy can exactly stay in position. If he can't then we might need that extra defensive cover...

The other option we have is:

------------Dave------------

-------------Pants-----------

-----Tomox-------Petey-----

Now we could play that in the first game (it's a bit more solid) and see how we do, and make changes for the second game.