IGNORED

RPL Town - Season 8!

Tomox

--Billy--sladie--Tobes--Joffy--

------------Pants------------

--Pants---------------Pants--

-------------Dave-----------

-----Tomox------Petey-----

Always happy to play the any. However, this is my far preferred option. It's difficult to run players up and know exactly what to do in the nano seconds you get on the ball going forward, but swapping between players defending is much easier.

I've also found that when I play the any, the RM and LM end up being a bit more defensive for the above reason. I agree to finish 4th (or better) we need at least one win tonight and we won't cause enough trouble going forward with me as the any on the LM, RM and CAM.

If there's a chance the Joffs may go wandreing, should we set the LM arrows back as well? I can run him uo when needed, but if I need to jump over to cover the LB position, it'll be easier to do so if the LM's already hanging back.

Sorry I missed last night by the way, had to work late. And when I got in, the missus was watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on 4od. Which was actually quite good.

That last formation sladie posted was the one I was suggesting, I think Dave is excellent at CDM and Pants is strong on the Wing and has taken the any before. I think it will be tricky for him controlling three players close to him but hopefully the full back line and Dave has provide a good platform.

Edit: thread updates since that post, If pants is controlling the Any and wants to go that way then it makes sense + plus gives dave a run up front, Sladie and I can keep any eye on the CDM and give you a shout if he is wandering.

Edit: thread updates since that post, If pants is controlling the Any and wants to go that way then it makes sense + plus gives dave a run up front, Sladie and I can keep any eye on the CDM and give you a shout if he is wandering.

Yeah, I think it's the way to go. And as Pants is the Any his views on this are key. Tobes, me and you both need to have big games tonight mate. Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!!*

*Please note we can still lose.

Right, just had a PM from Mattie and he reckons he should be OK for the games tonight. That's a massive boost if he can make it on. That would mean that Dave will be playing CDM after all. But now the question is how to play at CAM? Pants as the Any with both wide players works nicely still, and it's either Tomox at ST or CAM - you did play really well up top last night that's why I'm thinking you might sneak a goal tonight...So if matttie is on:

--Billy--sladie--Tobes--Joffy--

------------Dave------------

--Pants---------------Pants--

--------Tomox/Mattie-----------

---Mattie/Tomox---Petey-----

See you all at 10!

Woohoo Mattie is back on!

Time to start the build up, here is some inspirational music :(

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Happy to give AT a go mate. CAM might lend itself to mattie's game a bit more?

I think if we keep the ball on the floor, simple quick passing will see us well. Also, never try to take anyone on (unless its the only option) You can rarely get past anyone in this game.

Happy to give AT a go mate. CAM might lend itself to mattie's game a bit more?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...If we have 9 we'll go with you in AT then.

Really looking forward to tonight now. See you all at 10 for some light stretches.

played in the second game guys. i had no mic since just before the free kick for the first goal.i was just hoping that someone was on the same wave lenght for the short free kick :)

i tried so hard for the rock the baby celebration as well :)

They were a perfect example of Fifa10. First game nothing went our way, second nothing went theirs.

Good stuff tonight guys. The Pants-Mattie COMBOOOOOOO in the second game really worked well. It felt like we had a lot more options going forward.

Chuffed with 4 goals too. Thanks for all the assists guys! :) Mattie's freekick....

Cheers for games, slightly baffled how much of 'idiots' some of your players were.

Yes we were late starting up and restarted but come on try not to act like pricks.

Its just frustration mate. It does seem every week we end up starting late. :)

Cheers for games, slightly baffled how much of 'idiots' some of your players were.

Yes we were late starting up and restarted but come on try not to act like pricks.

Not sure where this is coming from Sean mate. We were in high spirits. I do remember your boys giving us stick for 'moaning' about restarts and a comment along the lines of "Don't blame the corner, blame your awesome throw-in" after one of your goals.

It seems to me if your lot can't take a bit of banter, I suggest you don't start giving it out. :)

I understand but what's with the little snidy remarks to Ventiee and then a little piss take with the goalkeeper at the end there was more but i really can't be ass'd going into it.

It's a fun friendly community don't see the need in some of the things that were on show in tonight's games.

I understand but what's with the little snidy remarks to Ventiee and then a little piss take with the goalkeeper at the end there was more but i really can't be ass'd going into it.

It's a fun friendly community don't see the need in some of the things that were on show in tonight's games.

Hang on there a second. Some people, more sensitive thin-skinned wussy people, would say the same about the comments floating our way from your lot during the first game's routing we suffered.

I think accusing us of snidy remarks is a it off to be fair. There was definitely some gloating aimed at us in that first game. We took them as funny and laughed along with them. If any comments we gave back in the genuine spirit of friendly banter have hit a nerve, like I said, maybe not dish them out first then?

I'd hate to think it's a case of Athletic only sing when they're winning?

i think it more the fact that we started at 10 and its now 11:40 and we have just finished the second game. an hour and a half to play 2, 14 minute games is a little much don't ya think?

no one forced you to play the second...

anyway really good games them tonight and we should have gotten more out of the second, but not all of it was down to these so called 'FIFAisms'

good luck with the rest of your games

Hang on there a second. Some people, more sensitive thin-skinned wussy people, would say the same about the comments floating our way from your lot during the first game's routing we suffered.

I think accusing us of snidy remarks is a it off to be fair. There was definitely some gloating aimed at us in that first game. We took them as funny and laughed along with them. If any comments we gave back in the genuine spirit of friendly banter have hit a nerve, like I said, maybe not dish them out first then?

I'd hate to think it's a case of Athletic only sing when they're winning?

I like to sing ... I'm not good but i like it.