IGNORED

RPL Town - Season 8!

Tomox

I thought last night went great.

We created chances, were solid at the back and most importantly, it was a damn good laugh.

So here's my thoughts - with all respect to the gaffer of course.

So 4-3-3 is clearly the way to go, but as already mentioned, we were very good with the 4-5-1. I think what might help with the 4-5-1 is having one of the two CDM's play a slightly more CM role, sorta like this:

LB

CB CDM

CB <--CDM-->

RB

Having that extra man available to knock it to in the centre would help the front men. It's not a marauding sprint-forward-every-attack role, but pushing a bit further forward could help wonders.

I too thought 'The Funtime' and 'The Tobes' were outstanding in those two CDM roles. . However, I'll happily volunteer to play the more defensive CDM in a 4-5-1 to help rotate attacking positions and also because I really enjoy it.

I'd say the biggest negative from last night was us not picking out the simple pass. Everyone was guilty - me definitely included- and we should really look to eradicate it quickly. Too often we tried to play the near-impossible killer through ball when there was someone else wide open directly to the right, or we tried to beat the defender (again me included) and we lost possession. Don't forget fellas, IT'S OK TO PLAY IT BACKWARDS.

And on a similar note, we need more calling for the ball. Mattie's great at this; 'one more' and 'roll Mattie in' let me know where he is relation to me and what pass he wants.

Also dave sorry about the moaning in the last game, when things aren't working very well I have a bad habit of commenting/critizing which comes across as moaning but is really meant to be constructive. I will try to reign it in and leave the direction to the gaffer :)

And me=this x 1000.

Just so everyone knows, when it feels like I'm 'having a go' down the mic, I'm never actually moaning - just gently reminding you that there might have been a better way of doing what you just did so horribly wrong.

;)

But yeah, top games last night. It's going to be a damn fun season.

P.S. MY ROBBEN WONDER STRIKE FROM THE FIRST GAME IS ALREADY GOAL OF THE SEASON. EAT IT, WIN, etc...

So 4-3-3 is clearly the way to go, but as already mentioned, we were very good with the 4-5-1. I think what might help with the 4-5-1 is having one of the two CDM's play a slightly more CM role, sorta like this:

Agreed, I think having one CDM push up slighly so they can pick off stay balls coming out of the opponents box whilst the other hangs back to cut out the break works well, plus Dave thunderous header was a sight to behold :) One other thing about having two CDM's is, whilst knowing you can push a little, you have another player calling you back if they see you push to far. Sometimes when your are playing as a lone CDM the temptation to run up the pitch can be overwhelming but when working with somone else you have a voice of reason

I'd say the biggest negative from last night was us not picking out the simple pass. Everyone was guilty - me definitely included- and we should really look to eradicate it quickly. Too often we tried to play the near-impossible killer through ball when there was someone else wide open directly to the right, or we tried to beat the defender (again me included) and we lost possession. Don't forget fellas, IT'S OK TO PLAY IT BACKWARDS.

And on a similar note, we need more calling for the ball. Mattie's great at this; 'one more' and 'roll Mattie in' let me know where he is relation to me and what pass he wants.

Agree with this but I get the impression some of us (especially tomox) was suffering from Fifa's random passing syndrome where the ball seems to go in a the opposite direction to where you pressed. I think the only way around this is to try and settle your player before making the pass so there is less room for error

LB

CB CDM

CB <--CDM-->

RB

When Pants played for Utd he gave us proper diagrams with blue arrows for suggested runs, red arrows for suggested passes and our avatars as the players. Something tells me his heart is not quite in it this season

Right tonight...!

First game

Dave - Sladie - JohnnyArgos - Petey

Any-----------Tobert------------Pants

Hummy------Tomox(any) -------Joffy

Tobert's roll will be a CDM/CM role, covering the back 4 and not 'doing a Joffy.' The CF/CAM role is the striker who will drop deep to get the ball. I'll set up the 'attacking and defending' arrow things in game and save them with the formation. I'll make sure the Any winger tracks back when he's not being controlled.

Second game i might change everything around, depending on how well we do in the first. I want to do as well as poss in this Tourny, even though it means sod all! If I do keep it the same, we'll change everything about for next weeks practise.

Any questions/suggestions?

Right tonight...!

First game

Dave - Sladie - JohnnyArgos - Petey

Any-----------Tobert------------Pants

Hummy------Tomox(any) -------Joffy

Tobert's roll will be a CDM/CM role, covering the back 4 and not 'doing a Joffy.' The CF/CAM role is the striker who will drop deep to get the ball. I'll set up the 'attacking and defending' arrow things in game and save them with the formation. I'll make sure the Any winger tracks back when he's not being controlled.

Second game i might change everything around, depending on how well we do in the first. I want to do as well as poss in this Tourny, even though it means sod all! If I do keep it the same, we'll change everything about for next weeks practise.

Any questions/suggestions?

Can I respectfully refer the gaffer to post number 11 in this thread ;-)

I am not sure about having the any play the CF, what about

Any -- Sladie -- Argos -- Any

Tobert --- Dave --- Pants

Petey----Hummie ---Joffy

You could also rotate me/dave/you into the back lines if required so the any is either LB/RM or LM/RM

Understood but also not sure about the CF being an anyplayer as that role is quite important (also is that our main goal scorer or with the wide men play higher?) Maybe try

Any-- sladie--argos--petey

Pants--dave----any

Tomox--hummie-joffy

You/me can play the any, although if you are doing it then I would be tempted to play RB and let petey play LW

Could try that if your up for being the any, Tobert?

When we tried the 4-3-3 first last night, I had the any inc the CF, got two goals and an assist? Want too bad?

guys why don't we go with the manager's teamsheet for match one with a switch around to Tobert's for match 2.

Right back and left back just seem like the shit jobs in fifa and was a bit guttd to be landed with it after moving on to the heady heights of CDM towards the back end of last season. Now my whinging is out if the way we move forward and 'mash up dem teams y'know'

post-16788-1263495306_thumb.jpg

Any - Sladie - JohnnyArgos - Petey(any)

Tobert-----------Dave------------Pants

Hummy----------Tomox----------Joffy

Thats the first game.

Second will be this......

Dave - Sladie - JohnnyArgos - Tobert

Joffy-----------Any------------Pants

Hummy------Tomox(any) -------Petey

I know that only moves people around at the back. We'll look at other options next week in practise

Now my whinging is out if the way we move forward and 'mash up dem teams y'know'

post-16788-1263495306_thumb.jpg

You know what Dave? Just now I was thinking to myself: What's THE image that inspires confidence into a football team before a football competition?

Is it a picture of England's World Cup win?

Is it a picture of Pele screaming with utter joy after scoring a goal?

Or is it, and this felt a little left field, a picture of a random African man wearing a red skirt/leather waistcoat combo out walking a fucking hyena on a fucking chain.

"Yes, that's it!" I thought. "But where would I find such a picture?"

Thankfully you were there to save the day Dave.

:)

You know what Dave? Just now I was thinking to myself: What's THE image that inspires confidence into a football team before a football competition?

Is it a picture of England's World Cup win?

Is it a picture of Pele screaming with utter joy after scoring a goal?

Or is it, and this felt a little left field, a picture of a random African man wearing a red skirt/leather waistcoat combo out walking a fucking hyena on a fucking chain.

"Yes, that's it!" I thought. "But where would I find such a picture?"

Thankfully you were there to save the day Dave.

:)

apologies - you are right we need a group shot with the gaffer leading the way.

post-16788-1263497422.jpg