IGNORED

RPL Town - Season 8!

Tomox

Whats the team sheet for tonight boss? are we going with a 4-5-1 or a 4-3-3?

Last night was tricky to gauge as we had so many AI players but my feel is the two formations won't actually look that different on the pitch, I just think we need to not bunch, make space for each other and offer the easy pass.

Well, we played the 4-3-3 in the first game in the cup last week, and it seemed to go well. I think we should go with that again. We could always change to the 4-5-1 in the second game if we're not happy.

Assuming BB wont make it, where will we have the any? Wings?

Difficult one as we don't want to the any to be the LB and RB but at the same time Dave, Pants, petey and I would probably all like to be in the middle of the pitch at some point. Maybe go LB/RM or RB/LM as the any, I can control the any in one game and petey in the other with us taking the opposite fallback when not the any.

Did i just make that sound more complex than necessary? paging pants to the thread for some explanatory pictures.

I would suggest having the Any as the two wingers. LB/RM or RB/LM works on paper, but players get pushed up with pressure, the AI drops the FB deep randomly and the FB is often too wide to cover the middle / react just because of the delay in switching players.

But Petey did a cracking job as the Any last time out so Tobe's suggestion might work. It will leave us a bit more vulnerable at the back though.

First goal crucial tonight, in both games. We didn't look too good when we went behind last week, mainly for trying too hard. Let's keep things tight for the first 20 minutes, give nothing away and build on that.

Well, we played the 4-3-3 in the first game in the cup last week, and it seemed to go well. I think we should go with that again. We could always change to the 4-5-1 in the second game if we're not happy.

Assuming BB wont make it, where will we have the any? Wings?

EXCLUSIVE TOWN NEWS

Funtime Dave in spending money shocker. It has been rumoured that the elusive 8th wonder of the modern world, otherwise known as Funtime's wallet has been seen and in unbelievable revealations has actually been opened.

Yes boys I have joined the digital revolution and gone onto the official 10MB virgin package. Apparently I was on 10MB but on an 'uplift' deal. Since 'her who must be obeyed' was moaning about V+ I had words. As with all these thing my first approach was to speak to the retention department about my imminent departure from their service which now means I am paying the same monthly bill I am on presently but get the bonus of upgrading to XL TV, V+ box and HD and the official 10MB (I do appreciate it is always best endeavours on these things) Broadband.

This all kicks in with immediate effect so fingers crossed the game will be lag free tonight - if it is not then I ain't saying nothing cause you lot will just take the piss.

post-16788-1264074596.jpg

Difficult one as we don't want to the any to be the LB and RB but at the same time Dave, Pants, petey and I would probably all like to be in the middle of the pitch at some point. Maybe go LB/RM or RB/LM as the any, I can control the any in one game and petey in the other with us taking the opposite fallback when not the any.

Did i just make that sound more complex than necessary? paging pants to the thread for some explanatory pictures.

I don't mind playing full back for some of the season if it means we will win the league and get entry into the kingdom of heaven with the 40 virgins and that. One question though, why do I have to wear this rucksack?

I would suggest having the Any as the two wingers. LB/RM or RB/LM works on paper, but players get pushed up with pressure, the AI drops the FB deep randomly and the FB is often too wide to cover the middle / react just because of the delay in switching players.

But Petey did a cracking job as the Any last time out so Tobe's suggestion might work. It will leave us a bit more vulnerable at the back though.

First goal crucial tonight, in both games. We didn't look too good when we went behind last week, mainly for trying too hard. Let's keep things tight for the first 20 minutes, give nothing away and build on that.

Good points as always, maybe go with the following for the first game:

Tobert --- Sladie ---Argos---Petey

Tomox---Dave---Pants

Joffy---Hummie---Tomox

I don't mind playing full back for some of the season if it means we will win the league and get entry into the kingdom of heaven with the 40 virgins and that. One question though, why do I have to wear this rucksack?

Personally I think Dave has made the CDM position his own with the Dutch Giant Engelaar!

OrlandoEngelaarNew.jpg

in my mind the playsers/positions which should remain the same are:

XX---Sladie--Argos---XX

XX-------Dave-----XX

Tomox--Hummie--XX

These players are proved themselves the most effective in those position and we should try an build around that

Good points as always, maybe go with the following for the first game:

Tobert --- Sladie ---Argos---Petey

Tomox---Dave---Pants

Joffy---Hummie---Tomox

I'm happy to go with that. I'll sort out the player

movement arrows so hopefully the AI players won't go walkies!

Actually when the AI plays upfront one complaint is they don't push forward enough, however with joffy steaming up the pitch and Mattie playing offside most of the game that is probably not a bad thing...

Also, depending how well the first game goes, I wouldn't mind a run in the midfield for the second

Sorry I couldn't make last night chaps. I was working late.

Are we still bunching up too much up top? If so, I'd vote Tobe's formation, it'll open us up a bit.

And I totally agree Dave's THE MAN at CDM. He's a bit like Roy Keane, only uglier, fatter, less joyful, less Irish and a massive pussy.

And I'll hopefully be on from 9.30, want to get proper warmed-up!

Sorry I couldn't make last night chaps. I was working late.

Are we still bunching up too much up top? If so, I'd vote Tobe's formation, it'll open us up a bit.

And I totally agree Dave's THE MAN at CDM. He's a bit like Roy Keane, only uglier, fatter, less joyful, less Irish and a massive pussy.

And I'll hopefully be on from 9.30, want to get proper warmed-up!

I contend I am more Oirish than Roy Keane. In real life my name is actually Funtime O'McDave, my sports car is a yellow JCB Digger and my one storey house is covered in stone cladding with lots of gold on display in the inside*

*Some of these facts may be lies

Game just seemed to be against us this evening, loads of 50-50s not going our way, and our passing just seemed miles out even though there is an easy pass.

Tis a shame that it spoils the whole thing.

Still, my bears kept me upbeat, bring on next week :)

Nothing to say about tonight to be fair. Even though everyone moaning at everyone to pass earlier, no-one bothered :)

We need to try and play simpler/quicker football, simple 1 or 2 touch football cuts teams wide open. Its how we played against Athletic in the cup last week and we tore them apart. A completely different team turned up.

Good luck on picking your men of the matches, its going to be a tough job :omg:

Hey, I was still in the game when that went in!

Yeah, truly awful tonight boys. At least the second game had some banter and was a laugh, I was actually disappointed to be kicked.

My Man of the Match for the first game is Billy Brown. As least he had the decency to not show up for that shambles.

Cheers for games lads. You got some horrible goals against you in the first but we really had to defend well in the second to keep you out. Good luck for rest of season!

Cheers Simon :)

My MOTD goes to Sladie for basically performing the best out of everyone in their position.