IGNORED

RPL City Dressing Room - Season 8

Steely

Decent games tonight boys.

Im having a few doubts about going 4-3-3 though, Im not entirely convinced by it.

I dont know wether to persivear or go back to the old faithful diamond, I think which ever route we go down we should try and get it in early and get settled on it and not tinker around once the season is going.

What do you boys think?

Decent games tonight boys.

Im having a few doubts about going 4-3-3 though, Im not entirely convinced by it.

I dont know wether to persivear or go back to the old faithful diamond, I think which ever route we go down we should try and get it in early and get settled on it and not tinker around once the season is going.

What do you boys think?

I think the earlier we sort it out the better! We could always try it out tonight and see! Better to compromise the cup than the league :)

On a side note, is it alright if I go through the Turkey team and see if I can find a half decent LM player with pace? The guy I was using was good but sooooo slow. Much prefer faster guys. As you posted up what players are already being used, I'll avoid any of them and see whats left in the subs/reserves.

i like the 4-3-3, it makes us solid down the middle, the only real problem arises when the opposition play it wide quick. We have to make sure that the left/right forwards/mids make themselves avaiable as quick as poss to close down in the wider positions.

Ok, we will stick by the 4-3-3 tonight, and see how it goes. then decide afterwards :)

To Tris, feel free bud, I think its Boral who is the quickest LM we have. Everyone is welcome to look for other options on the bench.

Ah! Blimey. He felt slow for some reason. Probably due to his height/build. Cool, I'll have a quick nosey before tonight then and if there are no other options I'll stick with him ;)

Oh I forgot to mention, last night against Croatia I have say, Jamie and Rogue where pure :) fantastic CB performances.

Regarding the team tonight anyways.

Me and Baring are missing for the first game against Town.

Vs Town (Kick off about 9:45)

-Harbey--Gambit--Jamie--Rogue-

----------------Br00n

Vinny/Wallbob------Vinny/Wallbob

--Vinny/Wallbob--Vinny/Wallbob

----------------Tris3d

Some double Any action for the first game.

Vs Athletic (Straight after)

-Harbey--Gambit--Jamie--Rogue-

----------------Br00n

--Vinny---------------------Tris3d

------Steely-----------Wallbob

----------------Baring

Hopefully the first time we have everyone on ;)

@Tris Perhaps take a look at some of the Strikers/Wingers see if they have what your looking for but Im sad to say it is abit of a struggle to find raw pace in this squad.

I noticed that the Tuksih midfield are gonna have to be a bit smart when supporting attack and helping defence.

They might be quick but it takes an age to get their speed up. But anyhow there shouldnt be anything to be afraid of, the CB look quality and we just need to get the shape working upfront and it should all be good :)

Yeah I'll have a quick scout see what they have. Work getting in the way at the moment damn it ;) Line ups look good. Could almost second what Gambit said. I would find it hard if I was 1 of the 2 any's but that's just me. If Vinny/Wallbob are used to switching players between them then it should be okay.

Looking forward to the games!! :lol:

Damn you Maudsley! Erm Ill let you guys decide how you wanna fill the void, Rogue perhaps... and let the LB go Any.

The formation is uploaded lads, its on my shared formations 4-3-3.

If your not sure how to get it br00n ask someone else, and your playing Town at about 9.50 so expect an invite from Tomox.

See you for the second game boys :)

We did get to the final last night, so not massive need to panic, we know we have something here as we where solid and carved out a couple of chances, but I just think we are selling our self short a little when attacking, its just not sitting right and I think we should give old faithful a chance in next weeks practice. And itll see us flourish abit more with people knowing there roles exactly, instead of my last formation attempt which in fairness was abit ambitious.

The Line up:

-------------Demirel

Gönül---Topal---Çetin---Balta

----------Ham. Altintop

--Turan------------------Boral

--------------Emre

--Hal. Altintop----Nihat

Harbey--Gambit--Jamie--Rogue

---------------Br00n

--Wallace-----------------Tris3d

---------------Vinny

--------Baring------Steely

Vinny, in the middle holding things together, Vinny impressed last night with his holding onto possesion and good passing so I think he could do reallly well stringing things together.

Tris and Wallbob dancing down the flanks.

Me and Baring upfront, Baring as the out and out man, me playing around him. Appologies aswell Baring, I gave you the wrong man in the second game :( (Next weeks games against rovers though, Gambit will be taking my place and I will be playing alongside BigJ at the back.)

I thought the defense played well as I said earlier, and br00n done well winning the ball infront of them and distributing it, so no changes there.

Like I said to Tris feel free to have a look on the bench to see if you think there is anyone in there who will compliment your play better.

I thought we carved out enough chances in the final to win in (hit the bar, Manuel Steely blazing over from 6 yards :( ...), but it gives enough food for thought that the coming season won't be a walkover without a bit of effort. The 3 games we played required a great deal of concentration (which may make the laughs a little hard to come by <_< ) but showed that we can nullify pace (re Holland), play tight when under pressure (re Croatia) and lose marginally only because of Fifi-ism like that sending-off.

As I said 3 in midfield might be a little much considering Turkey dont have a great dealing of stamina or pace in the middle.

I thought we carved out enough chances in the final to win in (hit the bar, Manuel Steely blazing over from 6 yards :D ...), but

I only fucking tapped it! etc etc <_<:wub:

Yeah, we didnt play badly, the atmosphere was a little flat at times but hopefully the banter will come as we get more games together, as its a squad with people lifted from all over the place, so we arnt that familiar with each other.

In all fairness, I was one of the worse people on the pitch :( the problem I had personally was not knowing where people are going to be on the pitch etc, meaning you have to take an extra second to look for that option then if it isnt there going for the nearest thing, and a couple of seconds in BaP is considerd a life time.

When we are passing aswell I think we need to be abit more confident and sharpe with it, just forward, forward, sideways, forward. And less dwell, dwell stumble into opposition. Dwell, dwell, miss counter oppotunitie, turn around pass back. Im very confident that with the new formation will come that extra bit of orginization which will help us out massively.

Like you said we still played good enough to win it, and as good as we did play I still think we have something better in us :) We can romp this league home if we get things ticking early :D

Anybody any good at photoshop? I think its time City got them selves a new badge, Im doing one at the minute but its not the best haha.

If anybody has the silky skills and spare time, give it a shot of knocking us one up. The only idea I have at the minute is that is shouldnt be a shield as all the other teams have sheilds, perhaps a circle badge instead, and sticking with the colour green of our original badge.

Ill post my effort up in abit to get the ball rolling.