IGNORED

RPL Rovers dressing room - Season 8

mackenie

Team sheet looks about right, but mack can I swap my LCB postion from that Berezutskiy guy to R. Shirkov - he's in the reserves and is a CDM (2nd position is CB though). I had a go of him last night and he's a lot faster/stronger/a better header.

Also I've a feeling SuperCat might want Pavyluchenko over Pobgrenyak. He was playing awesome with big Roman last night!

what confusion, ive stated what i want right here :(, im gonna try and get a wireless one to end all of the mic troubles ive been having, and my aim will be next thursday at the latest, also supes i just wanted you to have a game or two with him if you havent already, just incase, and jamin i will have a look

-----------Arshavin/Kershakov--------Pogrebnyak----------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------Arshavin/Zhirkov------------------------

-----Torbinskly------------------------------------------Bystrov-----

--------------------------------Zyryanov---------------------------

---Saenko-----V.Berezutskly----------Ignashevich-----Anyukov--

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I the only one that thinks Macca posts his team sheets upside down?

Everytime I look I assume he's playing 4 up front and 2 at the back, before my brain clicks in and remembers he's part Australian

what confusion, ive stated what i want right here :(, im gonna try and get a wireless one to end all of the mic troubles ive been having, and my aim will be next thursday at the latest, also supes i just wanted you to have a game or two with him if you havent already, just incase, and jamin i will have a look

Oh. I assumed you must of missed the bits where people had picked players they liked, based on playing with them.. what with you naming a different lineup and all...

:(

well jamin looking at the stats, berez is better at heading by about 10 and his strength is 85 compared to shirokov, but shirokov does have the pace if thats what you were going for, have you had any games with v.berezutskly? (theres two), but if your going for a weaker but faster cb then i can make the switch, might be worth trying it out properly though.

Yeah me and Ricky played some games 1v1 Russia v Russia games last night and that Berezutskiy guy (and his brother!) were basically both skinned alive by the pace of Arshavin and Kershakov. Shirokov like you say is a lot faster and the same height, and has better passing, but loses some strength.

I'd happily play with either really, but if for example we're playing against teams with pace, e.g. Messi/Tevez/Aguero I'd rather have Shirokov rather than Bezza. I suspect most teams we'll come up against will have a decent amount of pace upfront.

I assume Ricky's tactic of playing badly without his favoured player will soon sort that out.

Now now now! I told you I would never do that! The guy I had genuinley felt slower which is to be expected, I think Zhirkov is a cracking option for CAM though!

Anybody about tonight for a few games with Macks new line up? Supercat maybe? Have a go with that big cunt?

I can be on from 9!

It'll be interesting to hear what Mackenie thought, but I reckon Dan will have to pull up some trees to get Arshavin back in midfield.

I'm not interested in having an Arshavin battle, it goes completely against what I was saying on the first night (if you remember) to SuperCat and Ricky - that with everyone pretty much playing in their preferred positions there's no pressure on them to perform because no one is going to steal their role up front for next week if they have a bad game.

There's no sense in putting any added pressure on me or Ricky just to keep hold of Arshavin, as it's not going to help either of us and to be honest I can't be bothered with the hassle.

I still think he's wasted up front.

I'm not interested in having an Arshavin battle, it goes completely against what I was saying on the first night (if you remember) to SuperCat and Ricky - that with everyone pretty much playing in their preferred positions there's no pressure on them to perform because no one is going to steal their role up front for next week if they have a bad game.

There's no sense in putting any added pressure on me or Ricky just to keep hold of Arshavin, as it's not going to help either of us and to be honest I can't be bothered with the hassle.

I still think he's wasted up front.

I wasn't talking about actual games, just in pre-season practice. It's the best way of working out where he will be best utilised, isn't it?

It's also for the best that we sort it out before the season starts, so there isn't the pressure to perform, lest he be taken away.

I wasn't talking about actual games, just in pre-season practice. It's the best way of working out where he will be best utilised, isn't it?

Well yeah. I don't know what went on last night but I thought Arshavin worked really well in CAM on the first night and as I said at the time I thought he suited my play perfectly.

I couldn't see any downside to playing him behind the front two, but there were certainly plenty of advantages.

Well yeah. I don't know what went on last night but I thought Arshavin worked really well in CAM on the first night and as I said at the time I thought he suited my play perfectly.

I couldn't see any downside to playing him behind the front two, but there were certainly plenty of advantages.

Aye, I don't think it's really about where he plays, as he'll improve either position. It's more about who plays instead of him. Which position has the most suitible replacement? CAM or ATT?

Yeh, same as yawd to be fair! If Yawdib seems to utilise go him better than I do then I can't complain, at the end if the day as long as my guy has good pace I'm going to score goals.

Maybe even Arshavin at CAM, Zhirkov at LM and give me that Torbinskiy guy as his pace is unreal, just the finishing, strength and shot power let him down.

Still plenty of time for mack to decide though with the league not starting till next week.

Dan, I hope this isn't affecting our love for one and other! It is only my opinion on it, I still think your a lovely man and great BAP player, and I'm also sure me you and Supes will do good things next season!

I reckon you could get on really well with Zhirkov though lol.

X

Aye, I don't think it's really about where he plays, as he'll improve either position. It's more about who plays instead of him. Which position has the most suitible replacement? CAM or ATT?

Kershakov (ST) and Zhirkov (CAM) are both quality replacements. Btw Ricky that Torbinskiy is fast but his finishing is like 63 iirc!

CAM in my opinion, there are 2 78 rated CAM in the team and then with Zhirkov as the better option. Whereas for like for like comparison of Arshavin up front there is literally no one, 2 big tall guys and 1 chap who is 82 pace bit finishing and other stats way off Arsh.

I love it how both of you have said "Whatever is best!" and end your posts with a little added extra..

Lol, it's all fun.

I genuinly hope Yawdib isn't getting annoyed at it all though!

Kershakov (ST) and Zhirkov (CAM) are both quality replacements. Btw Ricky that Torbinskiy is fast but his finishing is like 63 iirc!

Aye I knew there was a reason I hadn't tried hi

yet!

Oh and to answer Yawdibs comment a out what went on last night, we ripped it up son! So much so Nathan quit Athletic hours after!

Would of been even worse if you had of been there!

x