IGNORED

A real-life kick-about

Hello all.

So there's a thread in Off-topic HERE where a bunch of us play regularly in West London. And after a chat with a fellow Ryman's player who wasn't aware of it but was interested, I thought I'd bring attention to it in here.

Please don't order a hit on me Mods if it's against the rules.

It's great fun, we are all terrible and we're starting up again this Saturday. Anyone who lives in/close to London who wants to do some exercise then I heartily recommend coming down.

All the details are in the first post.

Hello all.

So there's a thread in Off-topic HERE where a bunch of us play regularly in West London. And after a chat with a fellow Ryman's player who wasn't aware of it but was interested, I thought I'd bring attention to it in here.

Please don't order a hit on me Mods if it's against the rules.

It's great fun, we are all terrible and we're starting up again this Saturday. Anyone who lives in/close to London who wants to do some exercise then I heartily recommend coming down.

All the details are in the first post.

Just to derail this area of the forum completely; where are you going snowboarding out of curiosity?

And I would join in that footy match only if I did I'm sure you'd look up, see me in acres of space crying out for the ball, then see Kerraig (marked by 3 players, in an awful position) and pass to him 'cos you know, you love him and that. So bollox to your game.

Sorry to derail even further, but Manic, are you any good at Snowboarding / Skiing? Ive been looking at somewhere to go in Feb / March for my first skiing holiday, but have no idea where is good!

I'm pretty handy on a snowboard mate, yeah. I've been most years for the last 15 or so and probably done about 30/40 weeks I guess.

I'm no Shaun White but I can hold my own.

I went to a place called Lake Placid in Andorra when I was learning and it was a good crack and cheap as chips at the time. Since then I've been to the French Alps and Canada mainly. If moneys no object then Whistler is without question the best place I've been.

Chamonix can be done on a budget, or you've got places like Meribel, and Courcheval (sp?) if you're feeling a little more flush. Flights and board are all cheap these days but they'll shaft you when you get there so it's all much of a muchness pricewise.

I'm pretty handy on a snowboard mate, yeah. I've been most years for the last 15 or so and probably done about 30/40 weeks I guess.

I'm no Shaun White but I can hold my own.

I went to a place called Lake Placid in Andorra when I was learning and it was a good crack and cheap as chips at the time. Since then I've been to the French Alps and Canada mainly. If moneys no object then Whistler is without question the best place I've been.

Chamonix can be done on a budget, or you've got places like Meribel, and Courcheval (sp?) if you're feeling a little more flush. Flights and board are all cheap these days but they'll shaft you when you get there so it's all much of a muchness pricewise.

Sorry to derail this thread further but I can't snowboard.

Does anyone own a cat here and can recommend the best food to feed them, thanks.

Just to derail this area of the forum completely; where are you going snowboarding out of curiosity?

And I would join in that footy match only if I did I'm sure you'd look up, see me in acres of space crying out for the ball, then see Kerraig (marked by 3 players, in an awful position) and pass to him 'cos you know, you love him and that. So bollox to your game.

;)

I'm thinking Mammoth in the States this year. I did Brekenridge a few years back and it was aces. It also means that we can pop down to Vegas for a few days aswell.

'Cos, you know, I'm a cunt like that.

Sorry to derail even further, but Manic, are you any good at Snowboarding / Skiing? Ive been looking at somewhere to go in Feb / March for my first skiing holiday, but have no idea where is good!

It totally depends what you're looking for. I've been Snowboarding for about 15 years now and I've done all of Europe and a bit of America and Canada. As it's your first time, package holidays with someone like Crystal are great, they sort things out like board hire and lift passes which are really daunting the first time you do it.

How much you got to spend?

How many people are going?

Are you single?

;)

I'm thinking Mammoth in the States this year. I did Brekenridge a few years back and it was aces. It also means that we can pop down to Vegas for a few days aswell.

'Cos, you know, I'm a cunt like that.

It totally depends what you're looking for. I've been Snowboarding for about 15 years now and I've done all of Europe and a bit of America and Canada. As it's your first time, package holidays with someone like Crystal are great, they sort things out like board hire and lift passes which are really daunting the first time you do it.

How much you got to spend? - £400 ish??

How many people are going? - 2-3

Are you single? - Yes i am, are you?

I was just saying to Manic a mate of mine has an apartment in Bansko, Bulgaria, he said he is willing to rent it to me for a week in March or Feb for around £200 - £250, and the flights are about £70 with easy jet, I was told that food and drink is megga cheap with prices like £6 for a 3 course meal and £0.80 a pint, so that seems quite a good deal, I think I will be within my £400 target price once I have paid for some clothing and rented the equipment and paid for lessons?

Also, as I have never been skiing before is it better to learn to snowboard instead? Its always looked so much more fun, but heard its much more difficult to learn?

That sounds like a good bargain to me. Don't forget you need to buy things like a jacket & trousers, gloves and goggles. For this though, TK Maxx and Ebay are your new best friends.

Bulgaria's tourism board have invested a bit of money doing up the resorts in recent years, which is nice. And although it has more sort of 'Big hills' rather than actual 'mountains' (which means the runs are shorter), that won't affect you as a beginner.

Only thing is that Bulgaria tends to have more of a 30-something crowd rather than young 20-somethings, so the bars might not be 'off the hook', but to be honest, you'll be so knackered from riding all day that you won't be out on the piss every night anyways.

And yes, skiing is for gays. You look so much cooler falling over on snowboard than the gangly, arms everywhere dying daddy-long-legs tumbles that skiers take.

That sounds like a good bargain to me. Don't forget you need to buy things like a jacket & trousers, gloves and goggles. For this though, TK Maxx and Ebay are your new best friends.

Bulgaria's tourism board have invested a bit of money doing up the resorts in recent years, which is nice. And although it has more sort of 'Big hills' rather than actual 'mountains' (which means the runs are shorter), that won't affect you as a beginner.

Only thing is that Bulgaria tends to have more of a 30-something crowd rather than young 20-somethings, so the bars might not be 'off the hook', but to be honest, you'll be so knackered from riding all day that you won't be out on the piss every night anyways.

And yes, skiing is for gays. You look so much cooler falling over on snowboard than the gangly, arms everywhere dying daddy-long-legs tumbles that skiers take.

;)

Almost word for word what I PM'd Ricky about half hour ago.

I disagree with TK Maxx for Jackets & Trousers though - most of their stuff is 'last season' but their ski gear is all specifically manufactured to a budget by the brands. They'll get soaked through and won't keep you dry or warm after about a weeks wear. Value for money wise you're much better off paying another £50/75 for the real deal.

I did go TK Maxx lst Sat to look at prices, they seemed really cheap, but never thought they could be made cheaper as well to be honest.

I was looking at this earlier today, does it seem ok?

http://www.outdoorgear4u.co.uk/category/sk...ing-package.php

It looks alriiiighhhhhht, those trousers look a little tight! But it's always really hard to tell about unknown brand names on the net without feeling it your self, checking out the lining, trying it on, etc.

The most important things about the whole holiday is keeping warm and dry, If you're cold and your gloves are wet, and your halfway up a mountain, tired, you will be MISERABLE. Manic will tell you from experience, it sucks.

Looking good really is a bonus. If you care about image, get that jacket Winch linked to.

Or dress up like a Pirate, like I did once:

n533776366_48263_2699.jpgn533776366_48264_9883.jpg

How tall are you/what size are you? I've got some top quality second hand clothing I could sell you for half that price.

Ha, those pics are awesome, the snow looks ace! I said to manic in a PM the snow in bulgaria worries , its not ment to be great a tthe moment, and I guess snow is quite important for a skii / board holiday!

Im 5'10ish, Large in most clothing, sometimes medium (not often), 34" waist!

Thats my biggest worry, the cost of the gear can get quite high!

Fuck that, Bought my first size Medium jacket from Next in London on Tuesday, I was quite impressed!

It doesnt fasten up like, but still...

Also, Manic, my little brother is on about coming now, he is only 9, thought you might have some spare clothing going spare that would fit him?

Baring, please can you keep the footy talk to the footy thread, this thread is purley about Snowboarding, me being over weight, and Wincho taking the piss.

Oh and Daves cat.

exactly - my fucking cat is starving and none of you bastards have bothered to comment cause you are all too busy talking about your Bourgeoisie fucking skiing holidays.

exactly - my fucking cat is starving and none of you bastards have bothered to comment cause you are all too busy talking about your Bourgeoisie fucking skiing holidays.

Actually my 9/10 gag was reffering to whiskas.

But I think it's actually 8 out of 10 cats prefer it ;)

no wonder the :lol:'s weren't rolling in!

Actually my 9/10 gag was reffering to whiskas.

But I think it's actually 8 out of 10 cats prefer it ;)

no wonder the :lol:'s weren't rolling in!

ha ha - never got that - boy I am getting old. It is okay we have decided on Meat Marinades and failing that a shovel and black bin bag stupid meeowing bastard thing.