Afterburner climax

Preacher

Debut Trailer

Confirmed for EU/US.

Oh yes indeed, get ready to kick the tires and light he fires, for over 20 stages of rocket dodging, dog-fighting, jet fighter action. Developed by SEGA’s AM2 division, After Burner Climax - a title the Community Team has oft been asked for – is going to be hitting the 360 Marketplace and PSN Store later this year – “Spring 2010″ to be precise.

http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2010/01/28/af...imax-is-coming/

• 3 weeks later...
How the fuck are you supposed to see what's going on? :(

Indeed. As much as I'd love to play this, I feel I'm getting too old for these kind of games. Loved Starwing, Top Gun and the original Afterburner, but this looks too ridiculously fast for my liking. And unrealistic. I'll stick to Ace Combat 6 for my jet fighter fix.

Indeed. As much as I'd love to play this, I feel I'm getting too old for these kind of games. Loved Starwing, Top Gun and the original Afterburner, but this looks too ridiculously fast for my liking. And unrealistic. I'll stick to Ace Combat 6 for my jet fighter fix.

Yes, because Ace Combat 6 and Starwing are the definition of "realism".

Sod you and your joyless 'reality' fixation Meerman. DAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!

MWAHAHAHAHA!

Yes, because Ace Combat 6 and Starwing are the definition of "realism".

I am aware they're not, but at least they are a damn bit slower, which is more realistic than this game.

Hey, I'm getting older here, you whippersnappers! :(

Old men, this is the anti-Hawx (Ugh!) and thank the nonexistent Lord for that.

This is a arcade perfect conversion of a silky smooth, 60 frames per second and quite frankly bonkers jet fighter game that, all things being well, should be priced under a tenner. Under a tenner! This would have cost £40 on the Dreamcast! If that doesn't make you jump for joy and start high fiving everyone in sight then there will be no more joy for you here.

I'm not after realism, (ergh!) it's just with all the spinning and smoke trails I can't see what is going on in those videos!

I can only assume it's a lot more obvious when you are playing it

It's one of the most intense games ever, up there with Robotron. You and the enemey are flying right at each other at mach 10! you only have a brief time to hit them before they pass. It's flawed, basic, but exciting and one of the best Sega arcade games ever. I think most people that have never played this will hate it. For those that "get it" it delivers excactly what you want.

The last Afterburner game I played was on the spectrum, and I played that an awful lot looking back. If it's the core Afterburner gameplay, all turned up to eleven with a good lick of HD paint, then consider me more than sold.

Any news on when we'll see this in pal land. I'll spill blood if Sony goof around with the pal release date on this one.

• 1 month later...