rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Sarge

Crysis 2

To give people some idea of the length of the campaign here are my stats so far:

Difficulty: Super Soldier

Progress (Level): 6/18

Time: 4hrs 29min

Completion: 27.90%

I don't believe your time is saved if you die on a section because I've died loads and certainly played longer than 4.5hours, more like 7hours. So, looking at the time & progress it'll take, as reported by others, about 12 hours IF you don't die a lot.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. The graphics and audio are top notch, and the weapons have a real meaty feel to them. Head-shotting is hugely satisfying. Story is pants but I'm interested to see where it goes, AI is more than rudimentary but still act quite predictably, and there's a LOT of detail pop-in on the 360 version. No framerate drops that I've noticed.

@ Dimahoo - I've just tried MP for the first time and found a game instantly. Plays very smoothly as well. Also, I got the LE Edition and I only have one code that I entered using the Guide Button then Redeem Code. When I went into MP a screen told me I have the LE stuff added.

Sorry Karzee, i meant the Steam version. This is one of the games i bought my graphics card for and it was the cheapest too.

Could you access the ranked MP servers? I couldn't and i really want to go MP too.*

I couldn't access the unranked servers either.

Also where do you put the Steam code for the LE Bonus Stuff as theres two codes?

The first one i put in when i joined the MP for the first time.

Having plenty of problems joining ranked servers as well, nearly every time they will fill up then refuse to launch, had more luck with the unranked servers though.

The second code goes into the myCrysis site, from the multiplayer menu in game if you click myCrysis then redeem code it will take you to the page you need.

Was about to say I've had no noticeable sound issues on the 360 multiplayer but the sound increased dramatically a moment ago so I backed out of the online bit to fix it.

Otherwise the game seems to be quite smooth although I have difficutly seeing and making out the other players so I get shot, a lot.

EDIT; Grenade switching is a bit shit but I find getting back to my normal gun to be the tricky bit, too many button presses, or did I miss something?

Hmm, late pre-order fail. Serves me right for leaving it late I guess.

Still, I'd have probably been too busy this weekend anyway.

I did download a couple of the older demo videos that I missed the first time round though;

How is LOD / texture pop in for you lot? On the road-rage one, it otherwise seems fine except for some very noticeable short range pop for foliage / grass etc. Not a problem, of course, but I wondered if it might have been optimised a bit since then? I always notice that stuff more than dropped frames or tearing.

Spent the best part of the night on this; rocking the shit out of it. (360 V.)

Some real shitty bugs and dire AI smear it a bit, though.

Playing the Ps3 version and had it properly bug out last night, I started getting twitch graphics which got worse until half the screen flashing intermittently and then the whole screen went dark for a couple of seconds before coming back on. The Machine also seemed to be making a lot of noise like all the fans were at maximum.

From this I can deduce that either

1) The promo copy I am playing is a old version with bugs

2) my Machine is on it way out and was over heating

3) the HDMI connection or TV was having problems

Will try again tonight but if anyone else has experienced similar problems then let me know

I'm wondering if I've made a mistake going straight into Supersoldier difficulty.

You say that AFTER you talked me into restarting on Supersoldier difficulty ;)

I'm having fun just doing normal difficulty though I fully intend to go back through super soldier with all my upgrades. Still continues to be awesome, just going into an area, cloaking and stabbing aliens in the face, uncloaking and using a heavy machine gun on fools and then cloaking again and skulking around the edges picking people/aliens off. Loving it.

I must also thank Crytek for getting the weight/physicality of your character right too. The gunplay is incredibly satisfying and hey look, the characters actually got legs too!

Its actually a lot more open then you'd think. Like at the start on the pier, you get outside and kill the two guards - but i noted you can jump over the gate and into the sea and play jumpy on the crashed boats.

I was going to see if they'd mapped Ireland but then realised i was being silly.

Its actually a lot more open then you'd think. Like at the start on the pier, you get outside and kill to the two guards - but i noted you can jump over the gate and into the sea and play jumpy on the crashed boats.

I was going to see if they'd mapped Ireland but then realised i was being silly.

I wish they'd do Northern Ireland, then I could grab a spidey wee fucker and throw him into an alien 'I know yer ma and I know yer fuckin daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'

The one thing I always do is completely ignore the tactical options the visor gives you, I don't think I've ever paid attention to them yet. Prefer to do my own and think on the fly.

Wings of Redemption 'reviews' Crysis 2 multiplayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLhe6wYR3Og&hd=1

Apparently:

Having such an amazing game engine using up the machines' resources means you can only have a few different weapons.

They should remove the armour abilities.

They should remove the 'stupid' dog-tag system."Because what if you're a sniper? Do you not get killstreaks?"

They should add prone.

It's worse than Homefront.

:facepalm:

When Wings asked via Twitter for people to play Crysis 2 with him he got three responses. I think that says more about him than the number of people playing Crysis 2.

Has anyone noticed another AI bug...

when i got to the second part of Chapter 1 (the Park), i got attacked by the guys at the bottom of the stairs, so killed them and ran down the stairs and looked left (where i was getting shot). I fird back, then ducked behind the riot shielding. When i poked up i killed the first guy with a head shot but the second guy got stuck and started animating like he was doing the Charlston, whilst not moving. The Bottom of his leg was kinda kicking his arse, but repeatedly.

I love phyiscs bugs. They look either really funny or quite horrific. Counterstrike always had some funnies...hmm[meandering]

Wings of Redemption 'reviews' Crysis 2 multiplayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLhe6wYR3Og&hd=1

Apparently:

Having such an amazing game engine using up the machines' resources means you can only have a few different weapons.

They should remove the armour abilities.

They should remove the 'stupid' dog-tag system."Because what if you're a sniper? Do you not get killstreaks?"

They should add prone.

It's worse than Homefront.

:facepalm:

When Wings asked via Twitter for people to play Crysis 2 with him he got three responses. I think that says more about him than the number of people playing Crysis 2.

I'm not a massive fan of WoR anyway, but this has just cemented my dislike for him.

'So, they've introduced this dog tag system, to help stop camping. BUT WHAT IF I WANT TO CAMP?!'

Had another example of brain dead AI, a team of cell agents have entered the building im in and are searching for me, i was standing in an elevator and they entered the far end of the corridor, i can hear them sayign shit like "hes here soemwhere!, spread out and find him!", so im waiting for them to walk past the elevator doors and blast them, but they never arrive. Im like what the fuck is the hold up, and look outside the lift to see the elite cell operative walking headfisrt into a wall over and over :lol:

Has anyone sunk much time into the MP now? I'm on the fence as to whether to wait for a price drop or not. If the MP is good I might get it early, otherwise I'll wait as I still have other stuff to play.

NOTHIN' AT ALL!!! :lol:

I never thought id say this about a crytek game, but this game gets about a million percent better when the aliens show up

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tell you what, I'm blown away by the 360 version of this.

I own a decent setup of a PC (Sandy Bridge and crossfired 6950s) and yet the 360 holds it's own against it. Granted I sit further back from my TV than I do my monitor, but as it stands right now - sans DX11 support (which im hardly holding my breath about) - 360 owners are not missing out a jot, bar a smoother framerate. Well done Crytek!

Has anyone sunk much time into the MP now? I'm on the fence as to whether to wait for a price drop or not. If the MP is good I might get it early, otherwise I'll wait as I still have other stuff to play.

After a few hours I'd say absolutely not, on console anyway. Single player is mega, though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I guess the blur doesn't really bother me. Thanks to the default enforced vaseline AA filter that is deployed on the PC, it appears to my eyes that the game is designed to run at a lower resolution. Draw in I'll give you, but it's far from a game changer. It's an amazing port.

I never thought id say this about a crytek game, but this game gets about a million percent better when the aliens show up

I couldn't disagree more with this at present, in fact I almost posted about it yesterday. I'll finish the game first though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Also, and I know this may sound bonkers, but does the game feel umm too smooth when running at 60fps on the PC? Kind of like the animations were designed to run at a lower framerate, so that everything feels slightly speeded up.

Just me then? :)

Also, and I know this may sound bonkers, but does the game feel umm too smooth when running at 60fps on the PC? Kind of like the animations were designed to run at a lower framerate, so that everything feels slightly speeded up.

Just me then? :)

This doesn't even make sense.

I couldn't disagree more with this at present, in fact I almost posted about it yesterday. I'll finish the game first though.

I have to agree with Brer on this one, the aliens are much more fun and satisfying to fight against compared to the human enemies.

After a few hours I'd say absolutely not. Single player is mega, though.

What is about the multi you don't like Timmo ? Had a few hours on it myself and think it's pretty well done, certainly had a lot of fun on it so far anyway.

Connections. I didn't get 4 bars once yesterday, on release day. If it gets fixed fair enough. I'd like to spend more time with it as it seems to reward guile over gun skills.

Modern Warfare 2 I can turn it on and get in a four bar game in seconds. I'm not comparing the games here, just the matchmaking. As I said before the fact they have - what, 20? - different pools of players means people are spread way too thin. That's if it looks for a good connection at all and doesn't just throw you in the first available.

After a few hours I'd say absolutely not.

I agree. It's painfully average and lacks any excitement. I can see me trading this in within a week.