Gigs 2010

Rev

I've currently got a thrilling total of two, probably, gigs lined up. Los Campesinos! at Koko, and Eddie Argos' new band at Dingwalls. Nothing major lined up though and I feel like I am missing out.

Who are you going to see this year?

I've got tickets for Broken Social Scene and then a bunch of saved RSS posts that I'm supposed to be getting tickets based on. Silver Mt Zion, Besnard Lakes, Tindersticks, Mono, Hidden Cameras, Wolf Parade, Tunng... hell, I'd better get on with some of it. and I need to decide about the May ATPs.

I've got tickets for Broken Social Scene and then a bunch of saved RSS posts that I'm supposed to be getting tickets based on. Silver Mt Zion, Besnard Lakes, Tindersticks, Mono, Hidden Cameras, Wolf Parade, Tunng... hell, I'd better get on with some of it. and I need to decide about the May ATPs.

That's not a bad idea. I may compile a list.

Girls in February.

Where/When? I've not even managed to find their website from a 30 second google. They are quite good, but...Worst. Band. Name. Ever.

Saw Henry Rollins the other day as my first of the year and according to Last.fm am currently going to see Vivian Girls, Nathan Fake, Jamie Lidell and loads of others at Matter, Dillinger Escape Plan at the Barfly, Los Campesinos!, Hot Chip, Local Natives, the 2-night Sonar thing with MF Doom/Laurent Garnier, Errors, Frightened Rabbit, Kelpe, the World Premiere of Gorecki's 4th Symphony at the RFH, Times New Viking, John McLaughlin, Tim Hecker and the Groening ATP in May. I'm pretty anal about live stuff so I plan months in advance - there's nothing shitter than not being able to go to a show because it's sold out.

So far... Matthew Shipp and J Spaceman, Beach House, Xiu Xiu, Grizzly Bear (with Beach House again), Kate Bloom, Panda Bear, Oneohtrix Point Never, Cranes, Vashti Bunyan, Sun Ra Arkestra, Gorecki and Philip Glass.

There are lots more, depending on time and money. Would like to see The Stooges and Suicide, Pavement, Tim Hecker and Broken Social Scene in May, but it's a bad month (exams).

Would also have loved to see John Cale performing Paris 1919, but the good seats are long gone.

Pavement in London in May then New York in September.

LCD Soundsystem tour was announced the other day so getting on the Bristol date for that. And thanks to this thread I now know Cymbals Eat Guitars are playing Bristol in February so I'll be there also. And Archie Bronson Outfit in March.

Oceansize or St Vitus, 3 Feb. Haven't mind up my mind yet

Massive Attack 11 Feb

Nebula 12 Feb

Mastodon 24 Feb

Editors 24 Mar maybe, not sure if I like them enough

Obituary or Katatonia 11 Mar. Probably the latter

Opeth 4 April

Pavement 11 or 12 May

Pearl Jam 25 Jun

Porcupine Tree 14 Oct

Think that's it

Cluster in February, The Ex the day after, and Wooden Shjips in April. They're definites, and we'll see what else comes up.

Gutted that The Ex aren't coming near me, can see that being one of the tours of the year. The lineup they have in the Brass Ensemble with them is crazy.

British Sea Power added in early February...mostly because they are being supported by album-of-the-year-so-far-folks These New Puritans. Not sure their new sound will work live, but I'm sure between them and BSP a pleasant evening shall be had.

British Sea Power added in early February...mostly because they are being supported by album-of-the-year-so-far-folks These New Puritans. Not sure their new sound will work live, but I'm sure between them and BSP a pleasant evening shall be had.

One of the subs on my mag, Steve East, has done backing vocals with the London Bulgarian Choir onstage with those guys. Doves, too, as part of the Electric Proms.