IGNORED

WoW TCG Loot Cards

strawdonkey

I bought it using one of the partner offers. I needed some ink cartridges, and one of the offers was Inkclub. Ordered my cartridges, bingo, 2 hours later I had a full license for MWS! Effectively for free, I was placing the ink order anyways

• 2 weeks later...

Gutted. Just read that Upper Deck are not renewing their license, so all production is stopping on the TCG. Grab cards while you can!

Sounds like Blizz will have their own plans to do something new, so will have to see what happens. Typical that, just as I get into it, they go and pull it

Jonny told me about this earlier in the week. The thread on the UDE site is lolworthy.

The long and short is this: TCG's come and go. The only one that isn't going anywhere is Magic, but I can't be arsed with that. UDE claim that the WoW TCG has had a massive drop off in sales, but it must make some money and while it does that Blizzard won't (or I hope) let it go anywhere. The next blocks have been pretty much made, it's a lot of product to go to waste.

I suppose we'll wait and see :rolleyes:

The suggestion is that all planned Organised Play will still go ahead (until the end of March), but other than that everything is just rumours.

Rumours that Blizzard have hired a load of the R&D staff from Upper Deck;

Rumours that Blizzard are starting an entirely new TCG;

Rumours that the TCG is going online, or online-only, or even will require a WoW subscription to play...

etc etc. Until we get an announcement it's anybody's guess what's going to happen. I'm personally going to keep playing for as long as I enjoy it and if the shit hits the fan then so be it. Can't say I won't be disappointed but there's little I can actually do about it.

You never know anyway. It might all come up rosy.

RARE TINY LOOT CARDS NOW ONLY £7 EACH :rolleyes:

The suggestion is that all planned Organised Play will still go ahead (until the end of March), but other than that everything is just rumours.

Rumours that Blizzard have hired a load of the R&D staff from Upper Deck;

Rumours that Blizzard are starting an entirely new TCG;

Rumours that the TCG is going online, or online-only, or even will require a WoW subscription to play...

etc etc. Until we get an announcement it's anybody's guess what's going to happen. I'm personally going to keep playing for as long as I enjoy it and if the shit hits the fan then so be it. Can't say I won't be disappointed but there's little I can actually do about it.

You never know anyway. It might all come up rosy.

RARE TINY LOOT CARDS NOW ONLY £7 EACH :facepalm:

Even if it does go tits the cards are in abundance so we could build decks for each class for shits and giggles.

Even if it does go tits the cards are in abundance so we could build decks for each class for shits and giggles.

I'm sure they will be available for quite a while yet. I have a bunch of cards and will buy more in the near future, just need to build some decent decks now.And check to see if I have any that are in short supply and see what the completists are paying at the moment!

Am sure something else will surface at some point, they are still lovely cards that are nice to have, I don't feel ripped off or betrayed or anything. I might go and look at the UDE forum for LOLs

From the UDE Twitter account

Hi all, just wanted to send a quick note thanking you for your patience. We're working with Blizz on announcement and official news ^DG
Hope to have official news and announcement for you sometime soon, but no timeline yet. Thanks! ^DG

We should be discussing this in the Games thread in OT really...

• 3 months later...

You would probably be best going for eBay I think - Moose and I already have one between us from his CE, and as the card is not legal for 50% of tournaments these days, and while Varanis was used in what is probably the deck that has won the most major tournaments recently, a new set comes out today with a card that pretty much works as a one-for-one replacement for him.

He only really has value as a collector's item now, as people who want to create a Varanis deck can feasibly do so with the new card.

Hope this info is useful :)

Also, I still have two of those Tiny loot cards mentioned earlier if anyone is interested.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmm, without wanting to step on any toes...

Having a clear out, a few WoW TCG loot card codes that can go to a good home (I'm never gonna use them all...)

11 x Footsteps of illidan

11 x Pet Biscuits

13 x slashdance (Party grenade iirc)

11 x Tiny

16 x Sandbox Tiger

7 x Path of Cenarius

11 x Paint Bomb

8 x Landro's Lil'XT

1 x Paper Airplane

1 x Goblin Gumbo

Jesus, I kept finding more!

But yeah if people are interested shout up, I'd only accept WoW golds not real moneys, but its unlikely anyone would have toons on my Realm I guess but I'd be happier they are used than just sitting here, I have enough TCG shit clogging up my bags!

Just PM if interested, No being greedy and demanding all 16 Tigers though :rolleyes: