Microsoft Announce X10

The Sarge

Microsoft has sent out media alerts to inform the press that the company is once again holding an ‘X’ event to unveil and showcase the year’s Xbox 360 highlights.

According to a report on the Seattle PI, Microsoft sent out a media advisory on Monday afternoon announcing X10. The company has previously held several ‘X’ events that have all followed the format of showing off and announcing upcoming Xbox 360 games and add-ons.

The event began in 2001 with X01 and ran right up to X06 in 2006. X07 was canceled and was the last we had heard of it. The new event is scheduled to last only four hours and will take place on Thursday, February 11 at the Terra event center in San Francisco.

Games you can expect to see demoed to the press will undoubtedly include Halo: Reach, Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, Fable III, Splinter Cell Conviction and Project Natal. There should also be a few surprises announced at the event too if previous formats are anything to go by.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/microsoft-announces-x10

:)

So this is the proper X10? I hope Alan Wake is still for the first half of this year. Along with Crackdown 2, it's probably the only game which interests me out of Microsoft's first-party line up for this year.

Yup.

Alan Wake & CD2 before the Summer lull would indeed be amazing. :(:)

You didn't miss much.

After marrying a girl who owned a market stall (jewelery), and then murdering her, I couldn't wait to take stock of her assets.

Yet somehow the stall did not fall to me, instead another random woman.

At that point I turned the game off.

I felt like I was running it in a graphics mode a little too high for the hardware. CHUGGA-CHUG-CHUG-CHUG. Seriously, Molyneaux: get someone to make a decent fucking engine for once.

But you could rotate all the items in 3D on the menu screen, that was well worth them taking 10 seconds a pop to open!

The weirdest thing about Fable 2 is that the almost all the pre-release publicty at E3 and the like focussed heavily on the co-op aspect of the game, then it actually came out and the co-op was an unwieldy anemic bare-bones affair that most people tried for about 10 minutes and never touched again.

The weirdest thing about Fable 2 is that the almost all the pre-release publicty at E3 and the like focussed heavily on the co-op aspect of the game, then it actually came out and the co-op was an unwieldy anemic bare-bones affair that most people tried for about 10 minutes and never touched again.

Reminds me of the hyped up Black and White co-op. Patterns, they emerge...

• 2 weeks later...

So this is on tomorrow and there don't seem to have been any leaks yet?

Any ideas/hopes for what they might show?

Likely

Alan Wake - almost certainly..

Crackdown 2 stuff? Demo? (ok, bit hopeful that one..)

Fable 3 footage

there's bound to be some Natal stuff...

More info about Game Room/Arcade thing...

Possible

Gears 2 was announced almost exactly two years ago...

Some proper Reach footage (after all Edge etc have already played some early sections)?

Perfect Dark XBLA suprise release?

Unlikely

Xbox slim?

Fable 2 was fun, the only Lionhead game I ever got on with and didn't suffer from overambition. It never seemed like it was meant to be an epic adventure, more of a jaunty jokey japey pastiche. I'd play a Fable 3.

I agree that the engine struggled a lot though, I felt like the whole thing had a weak 'tech-demo' aesthetic too, like the Unigine DX11 demo or an old 3DMark test.

As for X10, we'll have dates for most of the stuff which is currently up in the air, some more info on Natal (maybe some third party games shown off) and we'll see more of the Q1/Q2 titles coming up. However, they'll save any of the biggybig annoucements for E3. I don't think a slim 360 is out of the question, but Microsoft are so leaky we'd probably know about it by now.

The Gears announcement will be a spin off, NOT Gears 3.

The Gears announcement will be a spin off, NOT Gears 3.

Racing Gears? (Kart Game)

Where's my Gears? (Drug traffiking game)

Gears Hunter? (set after the war with a traumatised Marcus Fenix and Dom trying to come to terms with civilian life on Sera).

Cabela's Gears Hunter? (Hunt for cog soldiers whilst enjoying the rural delights of Sera)

Perfect Dark XBLA suprise release?

Oh yeah, cos that would do it a bunch of favours. Where's a the promo push on this title. A few screenshots every forthnight is NOT a fucking campaign!!

:)

Plenty of Xbox 360 owners have never played the original, educate them Mr Microsoft. Remind them that PDZ was a misfire and not to judge the original by association.

Oh I forgot, it's a download only title. :D The rule at Microsoft states: unless EPIC's involved in it, you don't any special treatment.