Microsoft Announce X10

The Sarge

Oh yeah, cos that would do it a bunch of favours. Where's a the promo push on this title. A few screenshots every forthnight is NOT a fucking campaign!!

:)

Plenty of Xbox 360 owners have never played the original, educate them Mr Microsoft. Remind them that PDZ was a misfire and not to judge the original by association.

Oh I forgot, it's a download only title. :D The rule at Microsoft states: unless EPIC's involved in it, you don't any special treatment.

It is a terrible game that will only sell to those who played it when nothing better was out. No amount of hype will change that.

Gears 3 will be teased here or at GDC and it will be released this year. September or November with Halo taking the other month.

Perfect Dark was great at the time.

At the time.

I don't think anybody but those who played it in the day will give a shit about the Xbox Live Arcade version though, by today's standards it's a pretty bland, unspectacular and ugly game.

Anybody thinking this will push Modern Warfare or Halo aside as the favoured online multiplayer champ is delusional. I predict nothing but a small tight knitted group of 30-somethings huddled in their DK64 pyjamas playing this with nostalgic tears smelling of gin trickling down their cheeks.

Major Nelson has been tweeting 'cryptic' messages about the X10 line up:

At the venue for our X10 event. A LOT of cool stuff to talk about starting tomorrow. Hint: SCDR2F3HRLP2 and more.

Ok..a couple of more new clues: GRPDAWTS. That's all for now.

So, I guess that's: Splinter Cell: Conviction, Dead Rising 2, Fable 3, Halo: Reach, Lost Planet 2, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Perfect Dark (XBLA), Alan Wake and Toy Soldiers (XBLA).

When does this thing start, exactly?

Anybody thinking this will push Modern Warfare or Halo aside as the favoured online multiplayer champ is delusional.

Who would be stupid enough to think that? Nobody. Surely the success of this title can be defined in more discrete degrees than that? Most of us are probably in it for some 4 player split screen laughs and a nostalgic tour of the carrington institute. When I mentioned this was coming out to my housemates (All 18-22 years old) every one of them was like "Hell yeah! Can't wait". I'd wager that that kind of response would not be uncommon, they just need to spread the word!

Who would be stupid enough to think that? Nobody. Surely the success of this title can be defined in more discrete degrees than that? Most of us are probably in it for some 4 player split screen laughs and a nostalgic tour of the carrington institute. When I mentioned this was coming out to my housemates (All 18-22 years old) every one of them was like "Hell yeah! Can't wait". I'd wager that that kind of response would not be uncommon, they just need to spread the word!

XBLA has worked out pretty well for getting popular (and in several cases more obscure but acclaimed) older titles that people want to play, giving them a lick of paint and letting them be enjoyed again...

That's all this is...

Actually, some of the stuff we have had has been a real pleasant suprise (ok the quality has been variable, but still...) - you'd never have guessed we'd get most of them at the start of this gen..

VOOT? Rez HD? Marathon? MVsC2? CastleVania SOTN? Deathtank? SWOS? Military Madness? Bionic Commando?

XBLA has worked out pretty well for getting popular (and in several cases more obscure but acclaimed) older titles that people want to play, giving them a lick of paint and letting them be enjoyed again...

That's all this is...

Actually, some of the stuff we have had has been a real pleasant suprise (ok the quality has been variable, but still...) - you'd never have guessed we'd get most of them at the start of this gen..

VOOT? Rez HD? Marathon? MVsC2? CastleVania SOTN? Deathtank? SWOS? Military Madness? Bionic Commando?

Now name any of those that you think will have sold a large amount (Apart from possibly Bionic Commando)

I'd be inclined to think we might see more info on how they are going to expand Live's capabilities. Afterall we've had the announcement that they are stopping support for the old Xbox to allow them to do new cool and whizzy things, so now would be the opportunity to tell us exactly what they are.

They'll probably announce some kind of increase of the friends list, but I wouldn't be surprised (now that the old XBox 1 Live is out of the way) if they could start implementing some other friends list features that have been often mentioned and requested in the past. Like clans or optional separate groups lists for particular games - I would love to be able to sort my friends list like that. It would be awesome if we could have a dedicated AvP players list/page for example, that would be miles better than creating a tag and checking it via friends of friends... The possibilities must have greatly increased now that they're not bound by the in-game code of original Xbox titles. At least I hope so.