2010 FIFA World Cup

SnoopZakaDaVe

Pressing/Pressure is how high up the pitch your defensive line is.

Ok.

There are sometimes that the AI simply becomes too powerful. It's blatant cheating. It's the classic super human players that win amazing headers, push your players out of the way, etc...

I wonder when EA will fix this. I also wonder when we will see players actually make bad controls or bad crosses. This FIFA has some mistakes but they are nowhere near enough.

I still can't believe that that 6 min is the half time limit for online ranked games. It's totally ridiculous, the time is not enough to do anything or to bounce back. It should -at least- by 7 min or -ideally- 8.

Also, why the hell can't I search SIMPLY for an unranked match? Why do I have to create so many parametres to play an unranked match? If one doesn't match I can't create a session. Stupid company...

For all the good things this game brings, there is always a major screwup.

I still can't believe that that 6 min is the half time limit for online ranked games. It's totally ridiculous, the time is not enough to do anything or to bounce back. It should -at least- by 7 min or -ideally- 8.

Keep the scores realistic, 6min for FTW.

Keep the scores realistic, 6min for FTW.

This is not the solution for realistic scores.

Also, you STILL can't save your tactic formation and the players you put in your starting 11?? You have to do them every time you play a match???

edit: You can't even create your own tactic... ;)

Keeps the scores a bit more realistic.

Will this do?

Nope. It's just a cheap tactic. 6m games are fast games, ping pong games. There's just not enough time to be creative if you are playing for the win.

On the other hand, you can't easily begin some 7m or 8m unranked matches, you have to create a game with all these options which, if they are not combatible with another's, it's "no opponent found".

It's a disgrace really that online is such a broken feature in almost every way...

edit: One more thing. Is there an option to choose to play extra time and penalties in ranked matches?

Why do my defenders push up to the half way line, when I'm using ultra defensive? I've made custom tactics in kick off and saved it to quick tactics. One of these has 'deep' as the pressure, yet my defenders still push up too much and I get caught out by quick teams using through balls.

I'm not liking this at all, when receiving the ball I barely get a second to control it and I've been closed down and lost the ball. This means I have to press pass before I've received the ball and this is not how I want to play!

I only play online, I'm sure single player is better.

Just popped into HMV lunchtime. At present (until Friday at the very least) they'll give you £15 cash for FIFA10 or £20 credit.

Until COB tomorrow evening HMV are offering FIFA World Cup (plus free FIFA World Cup book RRP £10.99 while stocks last) for £19.99 when you trade in FIFA10.

Not a bad deal for those interested :) I only paid £25 for FIFA10 in Tesco when it was released so a cheap interim upgrade to what's essentially FIFA10.5 to tie me over for a few months until FIFA11 is released!

Why do my defenders push up to the half way line, when I'm using ultra defensive? I've made custom tactics in kick off and saved it to quick tactics. One of these has 'deep' as the pressure, yet my defenders still push up too much and I get caught out by quick teams using through balls.

I'm not liking this at all, when receiving the ball I barely get a second to control it and I've been closed down and lost the ball. This means I have to press pass before I've received the ball and this is not how I want to play!

I only play online, I'm sure single player is better.

This exactly what I'm finding. It's hard enough playing against 5* teams almost ALL the time, but it makes it even worse when your defenders push up to the half way line, even when using ultra defensive. The thru-ball scenario needs sorting big time, as does the pressuring/tackiling. Still can't stop playing it though!

Single player is better, but online really could be something with just a few tweaks.

I'm enjoying playing offline a lot.

Good. Don't go online. It's a travesty of a game.

This exactly what I'm finding. It's hard enough playing against 5* teams almost ALL the time, but it makes it even worse when your defenders push up to the half way line, even when using ultra defensive. The thru-ball scenario needs sorting big time, as does the pressuring/tackiling. Still can't stop playing it though!

Single player is better, but online really could be something with just a few tweaks.

Lower your defensive line in custom tactics and aggression. Put them on high defense and low attack. Also give them two back arrows. These will fix your problem I think.

Lower your defensive line in custom tactics and aggression. Put them on high defense and low attack. Also give them two back arrows. These will fix your problem I think.

Yeah, this works offline, but it's not possible as far as I know to do it online.

Wales are World Cup Champions :angry: after playing Spain in the quarters and Italy in the semis i got Cameroon in the final and Etoo tore me to shreds bagging 3 but i got 4 ;) he had 21 shots to my 7 lol well happy.

now to win it with a 1* and 2* teams!

anyone know any sides up to 2* with decent pace up top?

This is bloody hard for a non Fifa vet. I've not picked up a footy game seriously for years, but grabbed this today, and while it's slick and all, I am pants. Played 6 games, I haven't even scored a damn goal yet, except one that got disallowed for offside. Even Andorra stuck one past my England.

A lot of practice needed methinks......

Depending on the level you're on, you're probably going to take longer to get there if you're struggling at the minute. You'll get plenty of practise at the defensive game and passing, but if you're not creating chances then it'll take quite a while to get the hang of the shooting - even on assisted there's a lot left for you to do with the ball's position, the power and the direction you push the stick all playing a rather significant part, and that's before you start playing with finesse shots.

Still, there's always the arena. Stick at it. I play on Legendary and often get soundly beaten by the CPU, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Once you're familiar enough with the game, it's sweet.

This is bloody hard for a non Fifa vet. I've not picked up a footy game seriously for years, but grabbed this today, and while it's slick and all, I am pants. Played 6 games, I haven't even scored a damn goal yet, except one that got disallowed for offside. Even Andorra stuck one past my England.

A lot of practice needed methinks......

I'm in a similar position to you. I have played PES 6 online for about 3.5 years now, the difficulty for me is trying to unwrite what I have been doing for all that time. There are so many instances where I don't try to make a pass, or will try a shot, whatever, and all of my assumptions on the outcome are from PES. It's really quite hard to change, but I've hammered WC 2010 over the last 4/5 days and I'm starting to get better. I've even upped the level from semi-pro to proffessional, WOAH! B)

Great game offline.

Turned it down to Semi Pro, and had a much better game. Will leave it on this while I get used to it. Managed to beat the USA, but shooting is still terrible. I couldn't seem to find any options for the assisted stuff, where can I set different levels, except by blanket selecting Difficulty?

They're in your control setup screens. I can't remember off the top of my head where they are, but I think it's in My FIFA World Cup in the main menu. There, you'll be able to access the controller setup screen. Three pages, one for assistance, one each for attacking and defending.

Turned it down to Semi Pro, and had a much better game. Will leave it on this while I get used to it. Managed to beat the USA, but shooting is still terrible. I couldn't seem to find any options for the assisted stuff, where can I set different levels, except by blanket selecting Difficulty?

I think your shooting will be on assisted by default. If it's the same as FIFA 10 then bear in mind that even on assisted, the shooting is still very sensitive. If you're playing L-R, to shoot in the left-hand corner (from the striker's perspective; the 'top' post on-screen), don't hold directly up, as this will send the shot miles wide. You need to point the thumbstick mainly right, and just slightly up. The best thing to do is to go into the practice mode using the same camera set-up as you use when playing.

World Cup Online is fucking awesome in this. Had so much fun with that last night and can see me getting addicted. Even though a lot of gamers opt out of playing you if you play as a half decent team.

I hope they bring something similar to FIFA11

This is clicking now on Semi Pro, having fun with it. Still shite mind, but at least England have made the second round.

Am going to be watching election results through the night, might well play a few games of this online to keep me awake