2010 FIFA World Cup

SnoopZakaDaVe

I'm hoping for the re-implentation of 2-player simultaneous Be-a-Pro. Me and my FIFA buddy cried enough man tears to waterlog Wembley when it wasn't in '09 after rinsing Euro '08.

Nothing quite like a massive headline proclaiming you have just wrestled the captain's armband from your best mate emblazoned across the tele to make you feel smug.

Please yes, bring back Captain-Your-Country mode!! Me and my mate are still playing Euro 2008 as our main football game now just because of this mode!

Cheers,

Ryan

Keep it in there for Fifa10.

Release Fifa WC with this fixed so people buy it for the improved match experience.

After release (after tournament finishes) patch it into Fifa10 in time for Ultimate Team.

I'd be surprised if Ultimate Team comes after World Cup, surely they'll be hyping Fifa 11 for the new season once that's over with.

Can someone summarise the consensus of FIFA 1vs1? There are a couple of comments hinting that it has some problems?

I didn't buy it when it came out (it felt like I'd only just bought 09) but I was thinking of picking it up cheap. I'll probably wait for the World Cup game now.

Can someone summarise the consensus of FIFA 1vs1? There are a couple of comments hinting that it has some problems?

There's a fair bit of discussion about it in the FIFA 10 thread - some like it, others, like myself, find it plays an incoherent game of football - there tends to be a scrum in midfield, lots of very brief possession with the ball pinballing round the place and goals tend to come from a lucky quick through ball out of that melee. I've gone back to FIFA09 for 1v1 - despite not having the range of animation and 360 control I find I get a more considered, enjoyable game of football out if it.

Will this be a full price release?

Well judging by the prices of previous world cup and Euro games, I'm guessing it is.

Hopefully this is a big improvement over Fifa 10 like Euro 2008 was over Fifa 08. Will this have a be a pro mode online? It would be nice if you could get a group of friends together and try to win the world cup against other people.

There's a fair bit of discussion about it in the FIFA 10 thread - some like it, others, like myself, find it plays an incoherent game of football - there tends to be a scrum in midfield, lots of very brief possession with the ball pinballing round the place and goals tend to come from a lucky quick through ball out of that melee. I've gone back to FIFA09 for 1v1 - despite not having the range of animation and 360 control I find I get a more considered, enjoyable game of football out if it.

Agree with pretty much all of that, something just doesn't feel right in 1v1. Its a totally different ball game in BAP as I've found out since I recently joined the RLLMUK League. If 1v1 could be half as good as the BAP then we'd have one hell of a football game on our hands. Lets hope the World Cup spin off can do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Demo is up tomorrow.

A full playable demo of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system will be available for downloadable at the PLAYSTATION Store, and for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system on Xbox Live Marketplace, beginning April 8 worldwide. Play as Spain or Italy and discover a football experience that brings to life the passion and emotion of the actual tournament. New players to the FIFA franchise will be able to choose to play the demo utilizing new Two-Button controls designed to enable new gamers to pass, shoot and compete for the 2010 FIFA World Cup TM with an accessible control scheme that utilizes just two buttons. In addition to playing a match football fans and gamers will be able to upload their replays from the demo to EA Football World for other fans to watch.

Sadly no online BAP in this. Reasons below by the producer.

There's no 10 v 10 in World Cup.

The reasons are many.

1. 10 v 10 is a massive amount of work. Even just to do what was in FIFA 10 and make no improvements is a lot of days work.

2. We thought for a long time about what a 10 v 10 game mode would be in World Cup. With Online Clubs it's easy. You create a club, it's fictional & so there's little attachment. When you choose who you'll play as, the club members will tend to support different teams and so again there's little attachment.

That doesn't work with countries. Members of a "club" would usually be from the same country and tend to play as that country. So looking at our usage figures we deduced that there would be too little variety in matches in World Cup. They'd be way too many England v England v England v USA v France v Germany v England games. You'd get fed up of that.

3. With the time we then had we could innovate with new online modes, namely Online World Cup & World League Ladder. So you can still get your 10 v 10 fix in FIFA 10, and experience brand new online modes in World Cup.

Poor excuses.

Demo is up tomorrow.

Sadly no online BAP in this. Reasons below by the producer.

Poor excuses.

Yeah that is utter bullshit. I'm sure there are plenty of dullards who play as Arsenal or Barca in Fifa 10 Clubs (I know we've played a fair few), but the vast of majority of teams we've played have used clubs from all over the shop as their team strip, mostly chosen just for whatever the kit was. We played as half the Korean league for a good month or so because the kits are mental. I'm sure most teams, that aren't boring twats, would pick the Solomon Islands or Benin for their country.

Since I don't play 1v1 due to cunts/cheats/cheating cunts there is precisely no reason for me to buy this beyond the single player, which is Fifa. But as someone said above, they only want you to play it for a month anyway.

I'm sure most teams, that aren't boring twats, would pick the Solomon Islands or Benin for their country.

Reminds me of the time I played my mate on PES on the original Xbox... I beat his Brazil using Uzbekistan (or one of the stans, anyway).

Well. The footage looks exactly like footage of FIFA 10, with about 3.7% more speed. And the new game mode/penalty kick system seems....fucking boring.

A golf game-lite accuracy bar for pens? Revolutionary.

Captian Your Country? Looks exactly the same as Be A Pro, which was a buggy as my back garden in the summer. I want to play as a right striker? Ok, you can play in the reserves as a LM for 19 games. :o

And did the guy in the last video say that the Captain Your Country was all based on your player ratings at the end of the game? But 'playing as a defender you have just as much chance as becoming the captain as a striker'? Has he fucking played BAP as a defender?! It's a miracle if you get a score above 3/10, even if your team win 4-0, and you've have cleared two shots off the line, have 90% pass accuracy and have nailed every tackle.

Sorry: But, I'm out.

Captian Your Country? Looks exactly the same as Be A Pro, which was a buggy as my back garden in the summer. I want to play as a right striker? Ok, you can play in the reserves as a LM for 19 games. :D

Something keeping the same visual look doesn't mean it's going to keep the same bugs. Be A Pro, after all, looked exactly the same as Captain Your Country which came before it in Euro 2008. Quite an enjoyable mode as it turned out, and more interesting than the Be A Pro, though that might just be because I hate the league slog.