2010 FIFA World Cup

SnoopZakaDaVe

only played a couple of short games but other than some new menus and a Vincente del Bosco likeness on the touchline can't really see what I'd get for my £40

may well reveal a bit more with more play but first impressions are that its quite a limited release, which isn't that much of a surprise.

only played a couple of short games but other than some new menus and a Vincente del Bosco likeness on the touchline can't really see what I'd get for my £40

may well reveal a bit more with more play but first impressions are that its quite a limited release, which isn't that much of a surprise.

Really? That's shitty. I'd read on the EA forums that people were saying it plays a lot better than 10.

Really? That's shitty. I'd read on the EA forums that people were saying it plays a lot better than 10.

I may need to play more to reveal its subtlety but seems v similar to FIFA 10 for me, that said 10 was my first FIFA as used to be a PES man so may not be that qualified to judge the finer points.

It plays exactly the same really. The demo games are only 4 minutes, so it's hard to gauge the level of changes. Is it just me or is scoring really fucking hard in this demo? All my shots, even with Torres, Villa, Gilardino, etc... were pathetic toe pokes or poorly hit. You're supposed to be able to score 'screamers' with the top players in this, but I saw no evidence (they said you could do it in the last one too).

The menus look nice, I guess.

They use the PS2 engine, although since FIFA 09 it's also had a PES-style Wiimote control using a pointer. I've no idea what that's like though, as I've only played FIFA 08 on the Wii.

On that note, it's passable and even fun, but it's no match for the 360/PS3 version.

I've just conceded a penalty for an A foul in the box.

:lol:

Anyways, just finished my first game. They've sorted out the ping-ponging in midfield and the goal keepers are much better.

Seems like a cracking game of football to be honest.

Doesn't look like it I'm afraid. You can only be Italy and Spain too as far as I can tell.

No German side with a new harass the ref feature? :lol:

I'm waiting the kneejerk over the top reaction coupled with incessant whinging about every little thing that doesn't go your way every chuffing season feature.

I do this on every football game. I'm a superb component of sexy football, yet that ball-in-net thing eludes me. I'll never learn now, my only recourse is to use the forum as an outlet!

To be fair people like Big Gus have said things like "You hammered me 2-1". Tells a story!

I really like it! :-) It feels fresh and new in the way Euro 08 felt after FIFA 08. Seems much brighter and vibrant than FIFA 10. The pitch looks great, especially using the dynamic camera. Chest passes are great :-) Scored some great goals, the crossing seems good and you can get some nice powerfull headers in. The goalies seem to come off their line a LOT less, which is good.

A few issues however, it still won't let you adjust attack/defence levels whilst taking a set play, which has been verg annoying in FIFA 10! The commentary is awful and lots is repeated from euro 08. I found the confetti on the pitch sometimes made the radar difficult to see.

Overall very happy. If online is fixed them I will more than get value for money as I did with euro. I wonder how early this build is? Doesn't the final release of FIFA usually play even better than the demo?

Who needs one update a year? Why not try 1.5! CA-CHING.

+ ultimate team

+ "live season"

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ SO MUCH MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I really like this too, the passing is alot crisper and there seems to be less midfield pinball going on in the five matches I played. The audio on Clive Tydelsley began to break up and crackle a bit on the match intro's, and again on the menu music, anyone else had this? I played MW2 after and it was fine. If Fifa 11 has a similiar gameplay engine to this, I'll be very impressed. When is the official release date anyway?

The commentary is shite

Of course, that's only partially EA's fault. :lol:

Tydlesley unfortunately does the tournament games. With any luck there'll be an option to download additional commentary packs as with FIFA. I want a bunch of South African commentators for added authenticity.