2010 FIFA World Cup

SnoopZakaDaVe

Fixed.

Spot on! QFT and all that.

I heard he was almost crying during Man Yoo's exit from the European cup! He and the rest of the ITV muppets seem to think everyone in the country loves united. It's seems like a long time ago we had Trevor Brooking(?) on Pro Evo. It was bad, but kind of good because if it being so bad! I wish we could have those crazy Brazillian commentators or the guys from Gol TV, Gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaalllll! That'd be too good!

Feels ok. I scored a long ranger with Alonso and uploaded it somewhere. Will see if its all working and shit.

EDIT: Where can I find the link to post for any uploaded videos?

Spot on! QFT and all that.

I heard he was almost crying during Man Yoo's exit from the European cup! He and the rest of the ITV muppets seem to think everyone in the country loves united. It's seems like a long time ago we had Trevor Brooking(?) on Pro Evo. It was bad, but kind of good because if it being so bad! I wish we could have those crazy Brazillian commentators or the guys from Gol TV, Gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaalllll! That'd be too good!

I know he's a Man Utd fan and he does get excited at times, but his over exuberance extends to other teams too. I like his style.

It's all subjective isn't it.

I can't stand Martin Tyler. He labours and pauses when describing things, and it really annoys me.

I laughed heartily at Sony appearing in the pitch advertising.

Never? On the XBOX 360 version?

If that's the case - I think the demo may be a fairly early build of the final game. Something like that shouldn't have escaped the testers.

it still won't let you adjust attack/defence levels whilst taking a set play, which has been verg annoying in FIFA 10!

And there is still no quick substitution option. These things are simple to implement, surely? Not game breaking but things that really should be sorted by now.

Love the idea of getting more points for wins using a lower ranked team online. Finally, an incentive for people to not just pick Brazil/Spain/England/etc, every game.

Hopefully the ability to hold A and X buttons together when tackling won't be so effective this time.

I know he's a Man Utd fan and he does get excited at times, but his over exuberance extends to other teams too.

His overexuberance extends to games that don't even involve the teams he's decided to talk about, and he can't stop harping on about past victories no matter how many times the side has failed since. His overhyping of every little thing is infectious in the same way AIDS is.

How do you see that working, out of curiosity? Set up a substitution during the initial team setup pre-match, then activate it when you want to make the change?

2 ways to ensure it works.

1) During a throw in/ball out of play double tap left on the joystick to bring up the bench.

2) Subbing on any players uses a generic face/model.

Easy! Been done before :wub:

Having the ability to change your tactics without going into the menu is much more important, and it's still not implemented. Also, changing mentality levels during a set piece is still not implemented either.

I have been playing the PS3 review version for nearly a month. I can't say much because I am under embargo, but I will say that people are going to be VERY pleasantly surprised with this.

I must admit that when I 1st heard about this game, it was very much :wub: I enjoy playing FIFA 10 a bit and didn't really think the changes that I heard were in this version were enough to warrant buying it. Well, humble pie time maybe. I've played a good few games of the demo and I do think i'll pick this up after all. Definitely feels a bit different to 10. atmosphere sounds great during the game, not to mention the pitch looks a lot more realistic. Gameplay wise, it also seems a bit better although granted, 2 minute each half is not great. I would have liked to have seen it last a bit longer and maybe a couple more teams to choose from. Anyway, i'm a lot more encouraged than I was before I played the demo.

Btw, Talk Show Host, when is the embargo lifted so you can give us your thoughts and opinions on it?. thanks

How do you see that working, out of curiosity? Set up a substitution during the initial team setup pre-match, then activate it when you want to make the change?

Well, all I was thinking was, and I hate to bring it up, but in PES (6) when you press start you get the whistle up in the top corner, which brings the pause menu up when the ball goes out of play. At this point there is the option to go to a simple substituion screen where the players names are listed. Just click the players names to sub and back to the game.

It is merely me being sick of going in and out of 3/4 menus just to change a player. The current system actually makes me do all 3 subs at once every game as it is such a ball ache. Maybe it's just me?

On a related note, I personally think the current ability to pause any time during a match is ridiculous when playing versus/online. Totally jarring and can be done at the most inopportune of times.

2 ways to ensure it works.

1) During a throw in/ball out of play double tap left on the joystick to bring up the bench.

2) Subbing on any players uses a generic face/model.

Easy! Been done before :wub:

Sensi then. :P

I wouldn't be so keen on the generic model though. Face, sure, I can live with that, but not so much model. A player's physical stature affects quite a bit: collisions being the main. It'd make me prefer to use the "full" option just to keep things accurate, cos I'm a bit anal about that.

The subs time doesn't bother me as much as the menus though.

What I really want them to do is ditch the visible attributes as they currently are and come up with a nicer way of viewing them. Why PES dropped its radar chart I'll never know.

Well, all I was thinking was, and I hate to bring it up, but in PES (6) when you press start you get the whistle up in the top corner, which brings the pause menu up when the ball goes out of play. At this point there is the option to go to a simple substituion screen where the players names are listed. Just click the players names to sub and back to the game.

It is merely me being sick of going in and out of 3/4 menus just to change a player. The current system actually makes me do all 3 subs at once every game as it is such a ball ache. Maybe it's just me?

No, I rarely do subs myself as I can't be arsed. A quicker system would be welcome.

On a related note, I personally think the current ability to pause any time during a match is ridiculous when playing versus/online. Totally jarring and can be done at the most inopportune of times.

Online, surely you can only pause when you're in possession? A gentleman's rule would be to only pause when the ball's out of play.

Btw, Talk Show Host, when is the embargo lifted so you can give us your thoughts and opinions on it?. thanks

I am afraid it's on the 27th, but I am sure some big site reviews will appear sooner, so I may be able to share some thoughts a bit earlier.

Generally though, it's miles better than FIFA 10, more natural and greatly improved in (some) fundamental areas.

Best of all is that there's an element of randomness that has never been present in the series and the illusion that 'anything is possible' is brought back in a way that I am reminded of the best PES and WE games of old.

What I can clearly say is that the demo can't possibly represent the changes in the feel of play.

[quote name='Fry Crayola' date='Apr 9 2010, 01:26 PM' post='6957183

A gentleman's rule would be to only pause when the ball's out of play.

If only eh?

I think being able to pause during play is wrong, in possession or not. It's so long since I played Fifa online, I can't actually remember whether you have to be in possession or not.

I can't say much because I am under embargo, but I will say that people are going to be VERY pleasantly surprised with this.

Given you're one of FIFA 10's most vocal dissenters, that's quite pleasing news. Much as I've been ok with FIFA, having lots of league dropouts and the like does affect things pretty negatively.

I think being able to pause during play is wrong, in possession or not. It's so long since I played Fifa online, I can't actually remember whether you have to be in possession or not.

You get a message if you try it without the ball. I can see the reasoning for being able to pause it - it's the only way to reach tactical menus, for one - but it does highlight a need to streamline this area. Kind of like how you can select a free kick taker without entering the menu.

Best of all is that there's an element of randomness that has never been present in the series and the illusion that 'anything is possible' is brought back in a way that I am reminded of the best PES and WE games of old.

Is that good randomness or bad?

I remember FIFA 09 had good randomness - a curled shot from a Championship defender 'Brown' from outside the box going in. The whole 'if you don't shoot, you ain't ever gunna know' thing.

FIFA 10 is full of shit randomness. Stuff that's out of the player's control - dodgy bounces, inconsistent ref decisions. Theres a whole topic dedicated to it in the Football League Threads and I have two youtube vids I playlisted.

Brutal.

Is that good randomness or bad?

I remember FIFA 09 had good randomness - a curled shot from a Championship defender 'Brown' from outside the box going in. The whole 'if you don't shoot, you ain't ever gunna know' thing.

FIFA 10 is full of shit randomness. Stuff that's out of the player's control - dodgy bounces, inconsistent ref decisions. Theres a whole topic dedicated to it in the Football League Threads and I have two youtube vids I playlisted.

Brutal.

It's good randomness.

This feels like the jump from FIFA 08 to Euro 08. It's much more fluid, you've also got time on the ball to think about how to build an attack as opposed to the asphyxiating midfield sludge that was 10. It's a huge improvement, for my money.

No shitting 10v10 though, the cocks.

There's just no way I'm paying full price for this tiny incremental upgrade, and only international teams too. Why on earth isn't there some £10 DLC for FIFA 10 as an alternative to this, with squad updates and the gameplay tweaks? I'd snap that up in a heartbeat.

The presentation in the demo was awful too. Looked like some Wii kids game or Viva Pinata or something. I realise it's mostly because they're using the World Cup branding but still.

There's just no way I'm paying full price for this tiny incremental upgrade, and only international teams too. Why on earth isn't there some £10 DLC for FIFA 10 as an alternative to this, with squad updates and the gameplay tweaks? I'd snap that up in a heartbeat.

Because the game is more than just squad updates and gameplay tweaks. It's got 199 teams, the complete qualification procedure, over fifty scenarios, a four-player BAP mode, and a bunch of other less important online stuff that makes me go meh.

If it was DLC, they'd add the missing teams and stadia for the World Cup finals, some related commentary and that'd be your lot. No qualification, no scenarios, no Captain Your Country.

Frankly, I'd prefer the full price game. The DLC would be the cash-in.

The presentation in the demo was awful too. Looked like some Wii kids game or Viva Pinata or something. I realise it's mostly because they're using the World Cup branding but still.

This.

2000 Microsoft Points maximum for an add-on 'World Cup mode' and a 'Captain your Country' mode with the gameplay tweaks to match. I would have paid that, just to get in World Cup fever.

£40 for a game thats effectively going to be out of date by July - absolutely ridiculous. I also agree with the presentation thing - I want to play a football game, not see a bunch of rainbows and balloons.

Other than that, it seems good.