2010 FIFA World Cup

SnoopZakaDaVe

Isn't every FIFA game just an update of teams and a few gameplay tweaks though? Complaining is a bit daft. Just don't buy it and wait for FIFA '11...which will be a few updates and gameplay tweaks.

Hmm.

Yeah, £40 pricetag is too much. I don't think I'll be buying it at that price.

i think i just had one of those "moments"

took a corner, ball deflected off and out to ouside the penalty area to the left hand side, xavi i think it was ran onto it and i pressed b, hit the ball on the bounce only got it to glide - rather powerfully straight into the top corner, fuck all the keeper or anybody could have dreamed of doing about it.

i actually stood up and was like "what a fucking goalll" and watched the replay a few times. :)

i think i just had one of those "moments"

took a corner, ball deflected off and out to ouside the penalty area to the left hand side, xavi i think it was ran onto it and i pressed b, hit the ball on the bounce only got it to glide - rather powerfully straight into the top corner, fuck all the keeper or anybody could have dreamed of doing about it.

i actually stood up and was like "what a fucking goalll" and watched the replay a few times. :)

Yeah i've scored a belter with Xavi, better than any goal i've scored on Fifa 10. IT's just clicked for me and love it, much the same way euro 2008 did compared to 08. I'll get it but only cos I have enough games to sell/trade in that it won't seem so expensive.

Can you turn the cunting stadium shadow off?

Demo is great and has held a lot of my attention but I wont be paying £40 for this.

stadium shadows have got on my nerves for years in footy games, what is the point in replicating something that gets on the vast majority of viewers nerves in the real game, can understand player shadows on the pitch with floodlights as adds to the look of the game but what does having half the pitch impossible to see add to a computer game, its crap I agree.

stadium shadows have got on my nerves for years in footy games, what is the point in replicating something that gets on the vast majority of viewers nerves in the real game, can understand player shadows on the pitch with floodlights as adds to the look of the game but what does having half the pitch impossible to see add to a computer game, its crap I agree.

Like EA states, "if it's in the game, it's in the game" :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

IGN review here for what it's worth, after Fifa 10's massive overatings generally, I think it's fair to take this and whatever else comes with a pinch of salt.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1084463p1.html

The demo is still impressing me but I fear online is going to be a constant pressure/physical battle with smaller players still losing out regardless of their skill levels. David Silva appears to be made from paper.

Any news on this being sold cheap at the supermarkets like fifa10 was? I've got it preordered for £39.99 with £5 worth of points making it £34.99 from game.co.uk.

News here, how genuine it is I don't know. The people on that particular forum come across a bit odd, unless it's just me who deosn't understand why every other sentence contains the word "lalalalala"??

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/world-c...up-24-99-a.html

Still undecided about it personally, at times it's great, but there are some glaring problems; the effectiveness of the thru-ball, the constant pressuring and it's just so damn fast. Still reckon I'll cave in though. Mug.

It's "only" £35 at Shopto.net by the way.

News here, how genuine it is I don't know. The people on that particular forum come across a bit odd, unless it's just me who deosn't understand why every other sentence contains the word "lalalalala"??

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/world-c...up-24-99-a.html

Still undecided about it personally, at times it's great, but there are some glaring problems; the effectiveness of the thru-ball, the constant pressuring and it's just so damn fast. Still reckon I'll cave in though. Mug.

It's "only" £35 at Shopto.net by the way.

This should be rectified by using slow. But slow speed, while initialy seems more realistic, in the end it's not. Because it slows down A.I. response too, making the game easier than it should be. Speed is a mess in FIFA.

On normal speed though, because the game is so much better than FIFA 10, you feel more in control, thus making this option the best in the long run as far as I'm concerned.

I know its quite annoying but it is a swear filter. So how many people from this site intend to get the game ? I for one will and it will take me away from Ultimate Team for a while .

For those sitting on the fence, this is quite a nice user review :

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/world-c...ml#post14554262

Does it say what the injury is? It could be just a case of the game giving it to you in simple terms, taking into account the time he's out and telling you how many games he'll miss. When time skips ahead quickly between games, that's a much better number to have than a period of time.

Probably not, but it's a thought.

Does it say what the injury is? It could be just a case of the game giving it to you in simple terms, taking into account the time he's out and telling you how many games he'll miss. When time skips ahead quickly between games, that's a much better number to have than a period of time.

Probably not, but it's a thought.

It doesn't say.

The point is that a player can't be injured for a period of matches, it's crazy!

He should be out for a period of time. If one of your players is injured for one game, he will be injured until a game is played. If one of your players is injured for 3 matches and you play three matches in two weeks, then he will be fine.

I can only hope that there is some problem with my review code. Has any review mentioned this?

It doesn't say.

The point is that a player can't be injured for a period of matches, it's crazy!

He should be out for a period of time. If one of your players is injured for one game, he will be injured until a game is played. If one of your players is injured for 3 matches and you play three matches in two weeks, then he will be fine.

Obviously, a player can't be injured for a number of matches, but a game can take that period of time and simply tell you the number of your matches he'll be missing. It's an easier figure for you to work with in a game where time between games passes instantaneously.

I suspect though it's just using the FIFA injury code, where there was very rarely more than a week between matches so you never noticed any discrepancies. I certainly agree that tying recovery time to games played, under the hood, is ridiculous.

I finally got round to downloading the demo tonight, it's really good fun, kinda like the Euro 08 demo but with subtle improvements. I'll be picking this up after the inevitable price drop straight after the final.

It is. Turn your volume up. Vuvuzelas rock.

Watching Hoffenheim vs HSV at the weekend I finally came around to the Vuvuzela. The constant drone of the Hoffenheim fans really added a bizarre feeling of Silent Hill style existential menace to the game. Of course that may be to do with the game itself. Watching a really good Hamburg side being torn to pieces made the game seem weird anyway.

In short they (may) be awesome.

Obviously, a player can't be injured for a number of matches, but a game can take that period of time and simply tell you the number of your matches he'll be missing. It's an easier figure for you to work with in a game where time between games passes instantaneously.

I suspect though it's just using the FIFA injury code, where there was very rarely more than a week between matches so you never noticed any discrepancies. I certainly agree that tying recovery time to games played, under the hood, is ridiculous.

Your explanation makes sense to me. But regardless of whether it is a) a stupid system, or b ) a badly explained one, I really couldn't care less about this 'flaw'.

I could see it being more annoying if they told you the injury. Losing your star striker (or indeed, your American Samoan self in Captain Your Country) for six months with a bruised thigh would be pretty infuriating. If it's just a number, we can project our own thoughts on it, and pretend I've been shot on a bus in Angola.

Whatever the hell I was doing in Angola anyway.

Your explanation makes sense to me. But regardless of whether it is a) a stupid system, or b ) a badly explained one, I really couldn't care less about this 'flaw'.

Miner, old bean - you tried the demo of this? Interested to hear your opinion, for me this is at least as big a leap as '08 to Euro '08.