IGNORED

2010 FIFA World Cup

SnoopZakaDaVe

I couldn't care less about playing the CPU seems like a massive waste of gaming time. I can't see why anyone would bother when you can play online? Looking forward to this and hope they've fix the virtual coin toss!

Online is a frustrating experience in football games I feel. It plays slightly different to the offline version, speed of play, slight lag in response to button presses. Also people play an exploitive game, rather than an enjoyable one. I prefer playing offline as I can experiment more with the game and the controls etc, rather than being barged off the ball every two seconds, or whatever the latest win button tactic is these days.

I couldn't care less about playing the CPU seems like a massive waste of gaming time. I can't see why anyone would bother when you can play online?

In my case, it's because I don't give a shite about beating some guy I've never met and never will in a single match of absolutely no consequence. Sure, it'll be a more varied affair than the AI and if he's not a total cunt it'll be enjoyable, but it's like sex with a prostitute. Neither of you are doing it for the other person. I've also got to agree with Syntax, I find online against randoms in most games (not just sports) to involve an awful lot of people playing to win. Being competitive with strangers doesn't do it for me.

I'll keep my footballing fornication either offline or in the Rllmuk league, where there's more at stake and a proper community, and spend the rest of the time jerking myself silly trying to qualify for the World Cup.

Hit the demo up quickly last night...have they dropped the resolution or something from FIFA 9/10, as it looks...maybe they've left off some anti-aliasing? It looks rougho; no doubt to make it run smoother?

Torn? FIFA 10 is shit compared to this.

Get the Worlc Cup edition and never look back.

Does this have 10 player BAP too?

In my case, it's because I don't give a shite about beating some guy I've never met and never will in a single match of absolutely no consequence. Sure, it'll be a more varied affair than the AI and if he's not a total cunt it'll be enjoyable, but it's like sex with a prostitute. Neither of you are doing it for the other person. I've also got to agree with Syntax, I find online against randoms in most games (not just sports) to involve an awful lot of people playing to win. Being competitive with strangers doesn't do it for me.

Same here. We play a lot of clubs and the amount of people who play crap, direct play and try to score the cheapest goals possible can ruin it at times.

Too many with huge players, too many try to chip, pass it square.

Online is a frustrating experience in football games I feel. It plays slightly different to the offline version, speed of play, slight lag in response to button presses. Also people play an exploitive game, rather than an enjoyable one. I prefer playing offline as I can experiment more with the game and the controls etc, rather than being barged off the ball every two seconds, or whatever the latest win button tactic is these days.

This is true, which is a shame. Well over half of the randoms you play don't play football, they just play to win using the same tactics(Square ball goals or through ball and chip the keeper). The exploits they use can be hard to deal with too, if they are well practiced in it. When you get a good game though, there is nothing better.

I'll keep my footballing fornication either offline or in the Rllmuk league, where there's more at stake and a proper community, and spend the rest of the time jerking myself silly trying to qualify for the World Cup.

I can see where you are coming from. Playing against friends is 1000% better than playing against a random. I should join the league, though I'm not online as much these days since becoming a father and don't really have a regular time I play. I also work shifts which doesn't help in arranging games. Ibalso find it weird using the mic in 1v1 unless I know the person well, otherwise it feels like you're making chit chat. Mostly I'm silent through concentrating!

Back to playing randoms, I've heard the world cup online mode isn't ranked, so hopefully it'll see a better type if player, using lower teams than Spain and Brazil. The lack if ranking might also mean people play to enjoy themselves rather than just playing boring win at all costs tactics. Here's hoping anyway....

Nope, no 10-player in this for some silly excuse reasons. Maybe. I don't actually know why.

Because otherwise it takes away from FIFA 11. That's why :)

I can see where you are coming from. Playing against friends is 1000% better than playing against a random. I should join the league, though I'm not online as much these days since becoming a father and don't really have a regular time I play. I also work shifts which doesn't help in arranging games. Ibalso find it weird using the mic in 1v1 unless I know the person well, otherwise it feels like you're making chit chat. Mostly I'm silent through concentrating!

I'm pretty silent too, other than when something happens. Usually something hilarious involving Brad Friedel, but something nonetheless. You get to know the guys though, especially if you're not shifting between divisions too much.

Nothing beats local multiplayer though. I could play that shit all day. I'm going to have to see if I can get my flatmate interested using the Dad Pad.

Because otherwise it takes away from FIFA 11. That's why :)

One reason. Another being it's a lot of work for a game they know is only really "of the moment". I imagine though most people who are interested in FIFA 11 would get it for the wide array of clubs and career modes, than solely for 10v10. I don't know how big of a seller that is.

They need to get some keepers on that shit anyway.

I'm pretty silent too, other than when something happens. Usually something hilarious involving Brad Friedel, but something nonetheless. You get to know the guys though, especially if you're not shifting between divisions too much.

Nothing beats local multiplayer though. I could play that shit all day. I'm going to have to see if I can get my flatmate interested using the Dad Pad.

Dad Pad? I like it! hehe Local multiplayer will always be the best way to play, especially with a few beers and banter :wub:

Can we save online replays this time? I'm guessing not, but they should be bringing this in soon surely? It can't be that hard to implement.

The lack of replay saving really grates. On Tuesday, my mate tried to lob my keeper, who palmed it into the air. It was coming down and looking goalbound but I was sure my defender would get there in time. It bounced, he jumped, and it was just too high for him and crossed the line.

And also cleared the bar by a mere inch.

That sort of event needs saved.

This is £9.99 if you trade in two of these:

ALIENS VS PREDATOR (PS3 OR XBOX 360)

ASSASSINS CREED II (PS3 OR XBOX 360)

BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM (PS3 OR XBOX 360)

BIOSHOCK 2 XBOX 360

CALL OF DUTY 4 MODERN WARFARE (PS3 OR XBOX 360)

CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR (PS3 OR XBOX 360)

FIFA 10 (PS3 OR XBOX 360)

F1 2009 WII

GTA EPISODES FROM LIBERTY CITY XBOX 360

LEFT 4 DEAD 2 XBOX 360

LEGO INDIANA JONES 2 PS3

MARIO AND SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES (DS OR WII)

MARIO KART DS

PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2010 (PS3 OR XBOX 360)

PROFESSOR LAYTON AND PANDORAS BOX DS

PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE CURIOUS VILLAGE DS

TEKKEN 6 (PS3 OR XBOX 360)

UNCHARTED 2 AMONG THIEVES PS3

WWE SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2010 (PS3 OR XBOX 360)

NEW SUPER MARIO BROS (DS)

And that's at Argos...

What a erm... bargain ...

If its going to be £40 everywhere else its actually not a bad deal. FIFA 10 is one of the games you can trade, what would GAME give you for that now? £10? So your trade in for the other game is about £20, You can buy Tekken 6 brand new in GAME for £18.

Im still hoping somewhere is going to be selling it below £30 though. Just been playing the demo again and I really like it.

I wouldn't pay any more than £25 for it, think this is fucking diabolical.

Been playing that Online World Cup and whilst the implementation is good, I was ready to snap the disc in half after a few games. If you hated FIFA 10's randomness, it's even worse in this. Midfield ping-pong is still ever present as it was in FIFA 10. Defending, well, even that is more of a chore in this than it is in FIFA 10. Defensively, there really is little room for error, otherwise the strikers will absolutely skin you alive. Controls feel quite sluggish I've found online. Some fun bugs I've seen so far include the keeper coming out of his 18-yard box to collect and pick up the ball, oh, and the keeper picking up the ball after a deliberate pass back.

EDIT - Another game, another bout of randomness bullshit. Fuck off, FIFA World Cup 2010.

When's FIFA 11 again?

Whilst I feel such venomous hatred for it at the moment, I still can't stop playing it, it's like poking a sore tooth with your tongue. :wub:

Having looked back through my opponent list, none of em' resided in the good ol' UK - hopefully, when more UK people get on tomorrow the experience will be better than it has been tonight.