2010 FIFA World Cup

SnoopZakaDaVe

Im in work armed with CODMW2 and FIFA 10 in case I decide to get it from GAME in the absence of any decent deals going elsewhere.

As people have mentioned, the less bloated single player game of the World Cup suits me a little better. I dont have any more than a passing interest in the online, so concerns raised on that dont worry me.

The demo seems to offer a nice step up in gameplay from FIFA10 that has left me wanting more.

I'll wait on a couple of weeks, I think. If it were a trade-up from FIFA 10 then fine, but can't do that with the BAP league here and all. I do think this should be a slightly reduced price release, all things considered.

Totally agree. Its a nice package no doubt, but it IS a stripped down version of what we get from the full yearly FIFA update, and therefore should be priced accordingly. I think £25 for it is the sweet spot for me.

I do wants it though :eyebrows:

Totally agree. Its a nice package no doubt, but it IS a stripped down version of what we get from the full yearly FIFA update, and therefore should be priced accordingly. I think £25 for it is the sweet spot for me.

I do wants it though :eyebrows:

I'm with you on pricing it at £25, but I have cracked and bought it for £35 from Argos.

It's stripped down, but I wouldn't say it requires significantly less work to create. Off the pitch, FIFA 10 had very little that FIFA 09 didn't have. The league setup was almost identical (despite their claims) with many of the same features and flaws. Even the European competitions were out of date, using the old UEFA Cup format instead of the Europa League one.

£25 would have been nicer as a gesture though, and one suspects they'd sell more copies of a festive budget game than a full price affair. I'll still get more than forty quid's worth of fun out of it mind. :eyebrows:

Personally i think they are screwing early buyers and we'll see a price drop in a couple of weeks. I've managed to get a cheeky copy.

Is there really still ping-ponging in it? There was hardly any in the demo.

I'm actually really enjoying this but I have seen several errors after winning the World Cup. First Cliver Tydelesly said at the end see you in Brazil 2016, which unless he was referring to Copa America or something is totally wrong! Then on the write up page after the match, Adriano scored a hattrick in the final, apparently a moment he will never remember! :quote:

Ha, his commentary is actually alot better than Tylers on 10 I think, until he made that glaring error, his effort on Brazil winning the World Cup again was pretty decent!

Another thing, EA servers signed me out before the final and I ended up scoring a 35 yarder with Dani Alves, couldnt upload it and it hurt. It hurt bad.

I've never understood the appreciation Fifa gets, but this one looked different. Playing the demo gave me a lot of hope, so I bought it (yet again) but its got so many of the unforgiveable faults that the last one had.

I'll give it a few more days, but so far its the same old shit, just a bit prettier and unfortunately faster. Ridiculously so online.

If you like Fifa 10, I have no doubt you will love this.

I've never understood the appreciation Fifa gets, but this one looked different. Playing the demo gave me a lot of hope, so I bought it (yet again) but its got so many of the unforgiveable faults that the last one had.

I'll give it a few more days, but so far its the same old shit, just a bit prettier and unfortunately faster. Ridiculously so online.

If you like Fifa 10, I have no doubt you will love this.

It's an improvement on FIFA, but still feels 'wrong' online. I was playing as England in my second game in the online world cup and played against someone using Hong Kong. He kept punting it long and got one goal after my goalie came to the edge of his area and just froze. Another long ball caused mayhem, my defenders were so unresponsive and his striker stole the ball off Terry because it takes half an hour to register a button input.

The match ended up 3-3, late in the match I had 3 1on1's that the game just wouldn't let me score. I struggled in this match, his players closed me down before I could even control the ball. Either he was a FIFA god, HK are underated or it was FIFA taking the piss.

Played a match later on in the knock outs against someone using France. I dominated, he scored first with his first attack, I eventually got level, but couldn't take the lead. So many chances that wouldn't go in, it goes to extra time. He goes up the other end, another bit of unresponsive defendingba nd he wins in extra time. He then proceeded to let the after match celebrations go on in full for 5 minutes :-( I couldn't skip it, I had to wait it out.

I hope this grows on me, but I'm already feeling kicked in the balls and I've only played 5 games. I hope FIFA 10 is better, but I fear EA is doing a Konami.

wow nice feature this.

just playing my final group game after playing Argies and Ivory Coast. Im playing USA and just before HT it popped up on the screen that Argies had scored in the other match and i assume they are playing at the same time as us now. Not that the result matters in this case the USA guy has just put his pad down >< but it will be awesome to tighter groups to see other results while your playing.

This is crap, i really can't get into this. It feels SO different from the demo, what have you done EA?!

Just played 4 games online and lost all 4, despite dominating every single game. Single break away goals with my players turning like absolute trucks. The players are so sluggish and slow compared to the demo and every time the ball goes out you go to skip the stupid camera cut and it will take your throw on / free kick etc.

Consider me unimpressed.

wow nice feature this.

just playing my final group game after playing Argies and Ivory Coast. Im playing USA and just before HT it popped up on the screen that Argies had scored in the other match and i assume they are playing at the same time as us now. Not that the result matters in this case the USA guy has just put his pad down >< but it will be awesome to tighter groups to see other results while your playing.

I'm wondering how this works, I played 2 group games back to back, then stopped playing with 1 game left to play. I played a couple of hours later and the commentary mentioned about the other game in the group being played. I'm sure he wasn't actually playing at the same time, so maybe it held off the result till I played to add tension? I don't remember seeing a pop up, so maybe in your situation he was playing. Very impressive if it is :wub:

every time the ball goes out you go to skip the stupid camera cut and it will take your throw on / free kick etc.

Don't know if you're aware, but you can turn off the cut scenes on the touchline somewhere in the menus. The game is still wank, however. Microprose Soccer had more subtlety than this FFS.