2010 FIFA World Cup

SnoopZakaDaVe

Been playing this for a couple of hours and I'm really enjoying it.

However the problem, as with all Fifa games, is the online community.

I'm crap at the game, but I play for fun, I started an online World Cup as San Marino. The idea being to try and not get beat 10-0 every game.

So I ended up bottom of the league, scored one goal in three games and conceded 20 (I played Sweden, England and Portugal), but I really enjoyed it.

So I decide to pick a slightly better team and start again.

Enter Estonia, first match was against Argentina. I went 1-0 up, and then I swear that every time I attacked the game lagged like hell, so I tried to test out the theory and passed the ball back into my half, suddenly it seemed smooth. I thought I was imagining it.

HAlf time came, I was still 1-0 up and he made me watch all the replays/wait out the whole of half time. He started attacking and the game was smooth as anything for a couple of minutes, then I start to get a bit of pressure against him, the game starts lagging and I end up fluffing 3 easy chance due to it, the 4th however goes in and its 2-0 to Estonia.

He quits.

Is it possible to cause lag like that, or did I imagine it?

Surely people noticing sluggishness between this and the demo are playing online? Which goes back to my point raised earlier about playing online, FIFA games always feel a bit slower and different online, hence me not really playing them that way.

I still really want to get this today...

I think it's possible. I've not noticed any major difference, although it may be hard to do so given that I've been playing as Fiji, not Spain.

I'm really enjoying the single-player, if it helps you choose. There's plenty of game in there.

Surely people noticing sluggishness between this and the demo are playing online? Which goes back to my point raised earlier about playing online, FIFA games always feel a bit slower and different online, hence me not really playing them that way.

I still really want to get this today...

For me it's not sluggishness,in fact I've found the lack of lag great (PS3) - it's the tackling/pressure. You literally get no time on the ball, if you try to keep it you simply get wiped out, and by and large the opposition get away without giving away a foul. It's not football, it's murderball.

One player game I might add is much better. Certainly a lot better than 10.

Got it, and love it :wub:

Single player only for me. But already I am embroiled in a qualification slug out controlling Scotland!

Plays significantly different to 10, and its nice seeing situations play out that wouldnt have been possible in 10. The presentation is ultra slick as well. Game gave me £18 for FIFA 10, which was nice.

Haven't EA done anything to really hamper people who do this consistently yet?

Last year I was playing Ultimate Team and humped one guy 12-0. He didn't quit, fair play.

There is an achievement (0 points) for quitting more than 5 games while losing in this, not sure if thats been in there before.

The achievements overall in this are rockhard though, dont see me getting many points.

They should start doing negative achievements.

Someone said earlier, don't let people join a game for 15 minutes after they quit. Problem solved. People who unfortunately lose connection can just take their 15 mins to sort it out, or if it was just a freak occurrence, live with it. If it continually happens for them, they haven't a good enough connection for the game anyway.

I missed out on '10 as i was away. After spending yesterday afternoon on this with our kid, i can say it plays a damn fine game of football( offline 1v1 ). Although i've been playing as England and Heskey seems a touch over-powered. He's a total beast! Other than that i think it's great, i'm looking forward to the world cup even more now :wub:

Just played some games online and personally I love it. The controls do feel a bit slower online than offline but it still plays miles better than 10 online. That said I despised 10 online but loved 09, 10 never felt right to me especially the AI for the defenses.

I didn't notice any glaring issues with this online certainly nothing like 10. Shooting feels so much weightier and satisfying in this as well, seems much more like real life football than 10 did. You can probably tell that I thought 10 was shit.

Just bought it this afternoon and although i'll mostly be playing offline, I am looking at playing online sometimes. I'm pretty poor at Fifa 10 so looking for other average players to play a decent but fun game.

This is actually pretty bloody brilliant, as much as it pains me that the robbing bastards have charged full wack for it.

I keep meaning to note all the differences I notice. A few off the top of my head for single player are...

1) CPU misplaces passes, especially rushed balls from defense, meaning you can keep some nice concentrated pressure going.

2) No more total physical domination for defenders, although against certain players its still a little too strong.

3) Stumbling animation no longer renders you useless for a few seconds. Losing control you can still stumble forward and regain control.

4) Cant really explain this one, but random chances seem more frequent.

5) Quick free kicks actually can create chances

6) Presentation is ultra slick

7) Commentary less annoying, for instance no longer mention advantage being played EVERY time,

There are lots more too. Its pretty ace.

I tried 10 again yesterday and had to turn it off.

Has this still got waggle to shoot and those waggle mini nightmares to win headers and make saves from freekicks?

Yep. I've not played a Wii FIFA game since the first one they did so this is new to me and I don't really mind it. What's wrong with it anyway? Move the remote once when the ball glows to save the ball. Why is it a nightmare?

One thing they really need to improve is how you view players on your squad selection screen. This game highlights it more than the main FIFA game as there you're playing with clubs you know, or when you don't you're involved in a lengthy career game where you get to shape the squad as you see fit.

Here though, you've got single campaigns with different teams each time. Having a huge list of attributes in alphabetical order isn't convenient, and having an overall ability value doesn't tell me anything about the player - is he like Heskey with a game based on strength, or is he pacey? I have to fiddle about in menus to find out. The same applies to positions - why can't they display the player's key positions by highlighting those areas on the pitch, instead of forcing me to enter menus?

A return of the radar chart is required at the very least, because I find I select a starting lineup and then rarely change it because I simply have no idea what the other players are like, only that their overall rating is weaker than these guys. That may be, but what if they're more suited to my play style? Unless I faff about, I'll never know.

Are there rubbish offside decisions now, then? I heard EA talking about them, and I don't think I had any in 10. I've had a couple this time, both offline. The second of which I was about five yards onside.

Well, this is without a doubt the best FIFA I have played. It's not perfect, I didn't expect it to be, but it's damn good.

Single player is the way to go it would seem, but even online is becoming tolerable! It's a shame that after all this time me thinking "if only you got more points for a win playing as a weaker team" people still use Brazil, Spain, Germany, etc, more than the "lesser" teams. I really thought that would eradicate big team bias but it seems not. Playing against like minded Fifa amateurs provides great fun, the experts however highlight just how horrible this community is.

Am I right in thinking most people use automatic settings for everything online? I'm using semi and manual for everything but other players seem to play much more precisely. I think I've won 2 out of 20 games so far, embarassing.

Any tips?