IGNORED

Vanquish

Vemsie

It's nice that you can put the voice-overs to Japanese, but there doesn't seem to be a subtitle option.

You can, but I forget how I did it. I think I put the subtitles to ON on the option screen, then Japanese on Voice and English on Messages.

why would you wan the original japanese, the voice acting is amazing.

Part of me agrees but the other part wants the voice acting to fuck off.

It's nice that you can put the voice-overs to Japanese, but there doesn't seem to be a subtitle option.

For the in-game dialogue, you need to turn Com Messages on, then the subtitles will appear next to the character portraits in the top left corner.

can anyone help me burn this demo? I dont get how there can be 2 rar files with similar folder structure when unzipped...

Apologies if I've misunderstood.

Have you downloaded both files but within the first file there are two more .rar files?

Once downloaded, all you should have to do is open and unpack the first rar file (the 300mb one) which should leave you with one file that doesn't have an extension, that's the one you burn to DVD.

:)

but after seeing ;

1. Place directory 5345884F in Content/0000000000000000, burn Content folder to DVD (single layer)

but directory 5345884F already seems to be in Content/0000000000000000??

can I do this from usb? because i just wasted my last DVDR trying to burn it..,my xbox just says its a mixed media disc and does nothing

It sounds like you've done it right, put the DVDR back in, wait for it to load (the mixed media disc message) and then head over the Game Library, the demo should appear at the top of the list.

:)

If you want to play it from a USB stick, there's a guide on how to do that at the following site...

http://digiex.net/computing-section/guides-tutorials/xbox-360-guides/4072-xbox-360-how-inject-into-usb-flash-drive.html

dvd is doing noting, nothing in game library, seems the usb thing is too much hassle, guess ill wait until its available for non gold members or wait until somone makes an ISO.. :angry:

thx for the help anyways

Did you make sure that the 'Content' directory actually appears on the disc, and hasn't been used as the disc name by the burning software - if so you'll need to burn it again :)

Just finished the demo and loved it. Boosting around the place whilst taking down targets is amazing fun, but it'll be interesting to see if it can remain fun across the entire game without becoming dull. That said, it still seems very arcadey, and despite all the talk about Platinum trying to please a western audience I'm not sure if the game will appeal to people looking for a "proper" shooter.

Its awesome in Casual Auto, I'm shit on normal. I need to get used to the damn controls, I was throwing grenades when I wanted to melee :facepalm:

Keep forgetting how to activate slow mo, though I kicked the giant robot thing (not the boss, the one that comes after the gate opens) in the face earlier using it.

Wake up man!

This is quite obviously the best demo ever!

Why you no feel it?

I just felt like there was a lot of shit kicking off but I wasn't really in control of it. The movement is all a bit twitchy and there's no real feedback / impact when you're shooting something. It seemed like I was being taken along for a ride and it wasn't very satisfying.

I just felt like there was a lot of shit kicking off but I wasn't really in control of it. The movement is all a bit twitchy and there's no real feedback / impact when you're shooting something. It seemed like I was being taken along for a ride and it wasn't very satisfying.

Shame.

After playing the demo for a few hours I feel totally in control, using the slo-mo as I jump over walls, CQC after a high speed slide to close distance and high powered ass-kicking in the robots-great fun!

I did tweak the control settings because I thought it was a bit twitchy on the default set-up.

i really liked the demo after my second play through, but i wish there was a way to vault over the little handrails.

It felt kind restricted in certain ways. When i went to get the sniper rifer near the start of the demo and they spawned enemy guys behind me I tried to escape over the handrail to find that I couldn't, even trying to vault over the cover at the end of that platform i was met with an invisible wall. There is also no switching between covers...the cover system in general is not as fluid as Gears (though it has been ages since i have played it maybe i am wrong) or Uncharted 2, It seems very clunky when compared with the sliding around and shooting which are very fluid, but i guess it's not so important in this kind of game.

Anyway like i said, i really enjoyed the demo, If it shows a bit more variety in the full game i'll definitely pick it up :)