IGNORED

The League Cup

mackenie

This tournament is the FA Cup of the league, 72 teams, total knockout until one person is left holding the trophy, bring on the giant killing.

The First round involves 8 random teams from the conference and 8 random teams from the rymans, everyone else gets a bye to the second round.

This cup will be done solely through the cups section on the website, link: League cup

Match Setup

14 minute match to be played.

Home team hosts.

If the match results in a draw, the away team is to host a 14 min match with extra time and penalties if needed, the winner of that second match would then go through.

Semi finals to be played over two legs with Away goals counting double in the event of a draw

Match arrangements/reporting

All match arrangements should be made via this thread!, if pm's are used i am not able to consider them when looking at who made more effort, so anything you send via pm should also be put in the thread.

Matches are reported on the website, once reported you can't change these so please make sure its correct before entering.

Please note: All ties not played by the deadline will be decided by me, There will be no extensions. The effort to get a fixture played will decide who goes through to the next round, if neither party has made an effort the decision will go to a coin toss.

The deadline for the semi finals is sunday 18th april at midnight, the result needs to be reported by then

Any questions/problems/issues then let me know otherwise Good luck!

Important update to the cup rules:

Match arrangements/reporting

All match arrangements should be made via this thread!, if pm's are used i am not able to consider them when looking at who made more effort, so anything you send via pm should also be put in the thread.

Jayd, when you going to be about to play out league cup match?

Sent you 1 text and 1 audio message on XBL earlier but no reply (might not be you playing it?), just a reminder though, would be nice to get it out of the way.

Deportivo (jcraik86) 1 - 4 Stade Rennais (Poppalarge)

The game started off with Stade having all the posession but unable to capitalise. Deportivo's attacks on the break were becoming something of a worry, and my inability to finish off my chances were making me nervous still. Eventually just before the stroke of half time I managed to sneak not one but two

Second half kicked off Stade were a little more relaxed and were able to stroke the ball around a bit. Deportivo were always a threat but with Pagis bagging another two for his hattrick essentially put the tie to bed. Deportivo's continued efforts were rewarded with a goal late on but the tie was already over.

Cheers for the game jcraik86.

Deportivo La Coruna   -	   Stade Rennais
10 Shots 15
7 On target 8
41% Possession 59%
11 Tackles 8
3 Fouls 3
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 0
1 Corners 2
70% Shot accuracy 53%
76% Passing 88%

Deportivo 1-4 Stade Rennais

First half entirely dominated by Stade Rennais, broken only by one or two chances on the counter attack from Deportivo. Terrible finishing all around, then just when I was beginning to think I'd managed to escape to half time at 0-0 the deadline was broken. Twice. Oh dear.

Second half had relatively few chances, Stade Rennais perhaps sitting back a little on their fairly comfortable lead. I was doing all the chasing, to very little effect. Again, just when I was thinking it was going to finish at a fairly respectable 2-0, two quick late goals went in and it was 4-0. Just before the whistle a few incredibly lucky knock ons put me through and I scored my first goal in bloody ages to rescue a little bit of pride.

Good game, can't complain at the scoreline at all. I'll be building on this learning experience and taking the positives into the rest of the season. At least now I can concentrate on the league. You can't win them all. The players gave me their all out there. I can't credit the fans enough. We can't wait to get back on the training field tomorrow.

Thank you.

Stoke City VS Corinthians

Jayd's Giants (RY) 2-2 SaMo's Samba's (CF)

(forgot to record stats)

Ronaldo x2

A tough game for 54M0 as his nimble athletic team stood against the powerful prowess of Stoke.

Stoke took control for most of the game leading 2-0 with 70mins to go but from the ashes of defeat rose a team with a new lease of life for the Corinthians as they battled back through Ronaldo which saw the two sides return to Sao Paulo.

SaMo's Samba's (CF) 5-2 Jayd's Giants (RY)

Goalscorers:

Ronaldo 14', 26', 45', 88'

Dentinho 85'

J. Beattie 19', 60

J. Beattie

Cards:

Yellow - Faye

With the game now back in Samba central, Corinthians looked to impress their fans with an almighty display against the hardened Northern English side.

The game itself was one controlled by Stoke with 53% possession but lacking in forward flair. However it was SaMo's Samba's with an impressive 83% shot accuracy who also finished their chances and shakily progressed into the second round of the league cup.

Bolton VS RCD Espanyol

Charliemouse's Mice (RY) 0-3 Outsider's Mute Magicians

A tough game for League newcomer Charliemouse against the experience of Outsider in this Cup game and straight from the kick off he was in trouble.

A lovely flowing move from Espanyol ended in a great finish from Garcia and for Bolton there was sadly more of that where that came from. Bolton looking to play the long ball towards Kevin Davies were getting no luck as their midfielders were sitting too deep and not giving the strikers any support and apart from a tame shot from Elmander when he was 1-1- with the keeper the chances for Bolton to get back in the game were slim.

Bolton tried to press forwards mainly down the wing and a good cross from Gardner connected with Elmander but the header was just wide. Bolton were just getting a foothold in the game when a great Espanyol passing move was again finished off by Garcia.

With the heads now down Bolton continued to no avail with the hoof ball towards the strikers but time and time again this was snuffed out by Espanyol's solid back line. Ten minutes before the end with Bolton looking crest fallen and defeated, Once again Garcia found some space to punish Bolton once more to claim his hat-trick and the match ball.

Bolton were outclassed today by a far superior footballing team and it looks like they were need some tweaking with their tactics and formation if they are to challenge in the league this year.

Goalscorers Garcia x3

Man of the Match Garcia

Bolton 0 - 3 Espanyol

5.gifCharliemouse (0 - 3) TheOutsider 112.gif

Goalscorers:

Luis Garcia x3

Top performers:

1. Tamudo (10)

2. Luis Garcia (9)

3. Shunsuke Namkamura (;)

Bolton Wanderers	-	RCD Espanyol
5 Shots 23
3 On target 12
44% Possession 56%
14 Tackles 1
1 Fouls 0
0 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
0 Injuries 1
0 Offsides 1
1 Corners 2
60% Shot accuracy 52%
62% Pass accuracy 87%

Scoot has been replaced by Disciple in the league so this fixture will now be Rogue V Disciple, the deadline will remain as this sunday and as its a knockout round there won't be any extensions.

also the other game that need to be played by midnight on sunday:

Gingerling v Zapp0mus1c

Rocafella v FuntimeDave

Pants v Shoes

1st Leg: Rocafella All Stars 3 - 3 FuntimeDave

Replay: FuntimeDave 1 - 2 Rocafella All Stars

First game was a first half goal fest, with FuntimeDave capitalising on my defensive errors and taking his chances clinically while I just couldn't put mine away. I managed to equalise after an early goal from Dave from a corner, and came back again twice (I think) to take it to a replay.

The second game was a tighter affair with fewer errors, while I managed to take an early lead through Gignac. Dave managed to find an equaliser and then Gignac scored the late winner after good work down the right led to a cut back for the frenchman to finish.

Overall, I didn't think I played as well as I have been in the league, but I think that was more down to the rainy pitch and Dave's good play. Fortunately I managed to scrape through and reach the next round where hopefully I'll make it easier for myself!

Cheers for the games Dave and good luck in the league mate.

1st Leg: Rocafella All Stars 3 - 3 FuntimeDave

Replay: FuntimeDave 1 - 2 Rocafella All Stars

First game was a first half goal fest, with FuntimeDave capitalising on my defensive errors and taking his chances clinically while I just couldn't put mine away. I managed to equalise after an early goal from Dave from a corner, and came back again twice (I think) to take it to a replay.

The second game was a tighter affair with fewer errors, while I managed to take an early lead through Gignac. Dave managed to find an equaliser and then Gignac scored the late winner after good work down the right led to a cut back for the frenchman to finish.

Overall, I didn't think I played as well as I have been in the league, but I think that was more down to the rainy pitch and Dave's good play. Fortunately I managed to scrape through and reach the next round where hopefully I'll make it easier for myself!

Cheers for the games Dave and good luck in the league mate.

yep good games. I think a fair result over the two matches. Rocafella plays a mean game of FIFA and I will be interested to see how far he gets in the cup. First game was a treat for the fans. Good football, counter attacking, wing play, last gasp defending and plenty of goals. I think both managers were happy with the draw although it was too stressful for my liking - my players had to run around and everything.

Second game was a tighter affair but Rocafella cut me apart a couple of times and the result flatters me somewhat. I managed to throw in a few lasers so all is good.

Good Luck in the cup fella and I almost hope to avoid you in the league next season by getting promoted - I don't know what the other Ryman players are like but from what I saw you have a good shout for promotion if not the title.

In 2 cracking games (mistake, see more later) I won as only the first game counted...

Yes a 0-1 away Victory for Disciple FC saw me take the spoils. Of course we played a 2nd game (having not read the rules) and I was livid to have "Lost".

The second game included 3 clear penalty shouts for me - the last of which didn't matter as Tommy Smith slotted home regardless. Anyway that was not the point; I had been done, proper like! 2 pens and 2-0 down...yet we checked the rules and I scraped the first game anyway.

So, onto the next round!

Just to confirm that...

AZ Alkmaar (RogueSoul) 0 - 1 Portsmouth (Discliple)

A tight game, but AZ just couldn't pierce the stout Pompey defence and were pretty much under pressure throughout.

I enjoyed the second, meaningless, game though. Some last ditch defending with the 'A' button and a dodgy referee saved my bacon on more than one occasion. Just a pity it wasn't done on away goals... :(

**Edit: Bloody typical though. The first game I 'win' doesn't even count! >:unsure: