IGNORED

Seabass promises PES 2011 'overhaul'

Bleeders

I've just tried the demo again and I'm convinced it's better.

The whole thing feels less on rails, more freedom, better flow generally. The refs are so much better it's untrue. Difficult to explain but it really is better, honest.

Someone tell me I'm losing the plot here :unsure:

Started playing this before, first time since the PS2 days really. How long have you had to use a proper in game team for the Master League. I don't want to be Liverpool, or Liverpool with MS players, I want to make Mike FC, I want them to play in lime green and pink, and I want a rubbishy made badge that I've done myself. Booo :(

Started playing this before, first time since the PS2 days really. How long have you had to use a proper in game team for the Master League. I don't want to be Liverpool, or Liverpool with MS players, I want to make Mike FC, I want them to play in lime green and pink, and I want a rubbishy made badge that I've done myself. Booo :(

You don't...There are plenty of custom teams that you can customise to your needs. I'm playing as Woodville United, the team I played for as a kid.

Also free kicks definitely seem to have been reigned in from the demo. Much less fouls, but still some clean tackles being blown up.

My only remaining issue is the penalties. Damn, they're shit. I don't know where the hell the ball is going to go.

Played my first online game yesterday. I won! But I don't like using the headsets or even having my speakers on when I play because I listen to podcasts. I bet I seem a right dickhead not talking back. I'll probably stick more to singleplayer and start up a league.

btw, any tips on where to get option files for teams?

My only remaining issue is the penalties. Damn, they're shit. I don't know where the hell the ball is going to go.

Played my first online game yesterday. I won! But I don't like using the headsets or even having my speakers on when I play because I listen to podcasts. I bet I seem a right dickhead not talking back. I'll probably stick more to singleplayer and start up a league.

btw, any tips on where to get option files for teams?

Evo-web and PES fan seemed to have plenty of them.

• 4 weeks later...

I have played nothing but Master League Online and absolutely love it! That is all I can provide as whether you like the gameplay or not is very subjective. I couldn't praise it enough but others would ridicule me for this stance.

Try and praise it sensibly if you can, highlighting the major faults it still has as well.

If you praise it like it's the best thing ever it's only natural you'll get shot down.

Is this the official PES 2011 thread? I thought there was another one.

What's the verdict like then from people who have played it?

£17.99 on Play at the moment so wondering if it's worth it.

It's probably worth a go for £18 but it's not without faults, some are (IMO) gamebreaking, but others will no doubt not mind them.

Things like changing player problems (AI selecting the wrong one), poor attacking AI, lag STILL online regardless of your connection speed, some fairly dodgy ball physics at times - although not terrible, the ball does sometimes appear to turn into a beachball, etc.

Tactics are excellent, better than any other football game I have ever played and very easy to set up, the "feel" of each individual player is definately there, you really can tell John Terry and Frank Ribery apart for eg, it is exciting to play and other teams do play with personality.

It's nearly there, but not quite.

EDIT: I traded mine in after a few days, but there has been a patch since, by all accounts it did not affect gameplay. If anyone can tell me otherwise I would be interested, not least for the fact that I would buy it again, especially at that price.

It's good. I've been playing Master League (local) since it came out and it plays a good game of football.

Master League still has lots of "but why couldn't they have made it so that... or "this is good but could be so much better..." moments.

I've found holding the R2 button when shooting, and especially when taking free kicks on goal is something that should be brought more to everyone's attention since it makes the shooting system very refined. (Holding R2 when shooting puts emphasis on accuracy rather than power)

Online still lags for me, I'm on a rural connection (2mb or so), but no other game lags so surely it's the game?

As mentioned above tactics are spot on.

Is this the official thread?

It is.

I have had minimal lag in any of my MLO games over the past 2 weeks. But I have never played against anyone who showed more than one bar of connection.

Things that need improving in my mind is the changing of players, as dognuts mentioned, it gets frustrating when you know exactly who you want to switch to but the game refuses to switch to them until its too late. The other thing that really bothers me is when defending, the computer will slide in and give away free kicks/penalties and sometimes get sent off. Just don't have the computer defender go off their feet.

But other than that I have no complaints, I really don't understand the complaints about the ball physics, never seen these "beachball" moments. But it may just be that I'm used to it now. The AI is certainly much improved, when attacking you could have more people trying to get ahead of you, but they advance more than any previous PES and is something you can work with. The CPU AI is much more realistic and make mistakes, or misjudge some things, which allow you an opportunity to get the ball back. In previous games, on Top Player, you basically had to sit back and sit back until the opposition had a shot, then you attacked.

But MLO is a triumph in my eyes. I'm slowly building Utd, having Chicharito, Anderson, Gibson and Smalling alongside Rodwell and Albrighton. It also gives me so much pleasure when I play someone who has played 100's of hours of MLO and built a team with Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka, Sniejder, etc, and beaten them. For £18 it's mor ethan worth it in my opinion.

I really don't understand the complaints about the ball physics, never seen these "beachball" moments. But it may just be that I'm used to it now.

Don't get me wrong, I think the ball physics are largely fine, but there are numerous moments in any given game where the ball just seems like its gone into a pinball machine and it totally shatters any illusions of "reality". PES never used to have these moments, '08, '09 and '10 aside, it always used to be solid.

I think the game overall needs minor tweaks, nothing that a patch could not sort and it really could be great. I don't think Konami are going to deliver somehow, going from their track record.

£18 has got me thinking of buying it again :rolleyes:

MLO is genius, I've played almost 100 matches and not 1 person quit on me yet. you have to pay an entrance fee of around 40-50 grand for every match, and even if you lose you'll at least break even in attendance money, if you quit you lose your 50 grand. the system seems to have worked perfectly.

so far everyone has a different team with different players, I havent come across a team with any of the same players that I have so far. Those people who sold most of their squad so they could afford Messi/Ronaldo do make me laugh though, if they get injured or are in bad form then they're stuck. I also like that with my team of bargain bin players, I can still beat someone who has superstars on thier team if I'm better at the game (but that's really nothing new to pro evo tbh).

There are definately moments where you'll want to smash your pad into pieces though, they've become rarer as my team improves, but I have witnessed some absolutely shocking moments with the defensive AI. They could patch the game, but I know they won't. If there's one thing I wish they would learn from the FIFA devs, and western devs in general, is that you're expected to patch out anoying issues like that these days, not sort them out in the next year's edition.

Passing, shooting and dribbling is spot on though in my opinion, in terms of control at least. they passing ball physics could do with improvement though.

(despite every single online match i've played being on 1 red bar, I don't get any lag. It's slightly less responsive than offline but then FIFA's like that too.)

If there's one thing I wish they would learn from the FIFA devs, and western devs in general, is that you're expected to patch out anoying issues like that these days, not sort them out in the next year's edition.

Have you not been reading the FIFA 11 thread then? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

That doesn't wipe option files or anything does it?

I'm actually really enjoying Pro this year. I've only played it in 2 and 4 player and it's solid and comical respectively, which is all I ever asked for. Shame that it's passed with barely a whimper, it's the best in the series for a few years.

In fact, the thing that annoys me the most is the lack of player names at the bottom of the screen either side of the radar. That's been a Konami staple for ... well, ever!

In fact, the thing that annoys me the most is the lack of player names at the bottom of the screen either side of the radar. That's been a Konami staple for ... well, ever!

I much prefer the way it's setup this year with the player names above each player, and freed up space at the bottom of the screen. To a passer by, removing all the player name blocks at the bottom make the whole game look much more realistic.

I came across a bug the other day where all my players we're stuttering when on-ball, and especially off ball. Kind of like each player was glued to the spot and was trying it's hardest to move, but this just ended up in stuttering animations cycles. After checking I had all the updates, clearing the 360 cache, and checking the controllers, I couldn't get rid of the bug. A quick Google led me to find that others have had the same problem and this is fixed by adjusting the game speed up or down, regardless if you've ever changed it in the past or not. :mellow:

If there's one thing I wish they would learn from the FIFA devs, and western devs in general, is that you're expected to patch out anoying issues like that these days, not sort them out in the next year's edition.

You are kidding, right? EA completely abandons their game when it's released. The patches do not fix any of the major problems, especially this year.