Infamous 2 - Out Now!

The Sarge

I understand that on the evil play through there is no Fire power equivalent to the ice jump, I can imagine that would change how you play through Flood Town a lot.

Not really, I personally go for the grind rails regardless. There's not too much height to the area so it''s not very necessary. Plus there's plenty off missions that require your other L2 power so out of laziness, I never really equipped it.

With a passion *grumble*

LOL CATZ!

I was enjoying it until:

You have to choose to work with either Kuo or *fucking* stupid evil tart, and then you're magically a Guardian if you pick Kuo, and powers are locked out for the entire game - and the powers I had unlocked were now useless. Fuck that.

I wanted to be smart about my evil-doings, and work with someone I didn't want to strangle whenever she popped up out of thin-air.

Finished this earlier and what an ending (good ending). Both the ending to this and GoT have left me stunned. Really interested to see where they take the series now.

I wonder if the good ending will be canon or if they'll go with the evil ending? They left the ending open with the lightening strike and Cole being the prime conduit (was disappointing this wasn't addressed), but I think this is the perfect opportunity to leave Cole behind and perhaps focus on a different conduit whose story plays out at the same time as Cole's.

Anyway, Beast fight was great. Loved taking the sucker down and totally called it would be John as soon as the events from the first game unfolded. One minor complaint, I would have liked John to the main villain of the piece, occasionally showing up in human force to chat to Cole and attempt to win him over. Bertrand, on the other hand was a joke and certainly shouldn't have been the main focus of the game until the Beast arrived.

Anyway, great game. I think I'll take a break and come back to it over the summer for an evil playthrough.

Finished this earlier and what an ending (good ending). Both the ending to this and GoT have left me stunned. Really interested to see where they take the series now.

I wonder if the good ending will be canon or if they'll go with the evil ending? They left the ending open with the lightening strike and Cole being the prime conduit (was disappointing this wasn't addressed), but I think this is the perfect opportunity to leave Cole behind and perhaps focus on a different conduit whose story plays out at the same time as Cole's.

Anyway, Beast fight was great. Loved taking the sucker down and totally called it would be John as soon as the events from the first game unfolded. One minor complaint, I would have liked John to the main villain of the piece, occasionally showing up in human force to chat to Cole and attempt to win him over. Bertrand, on the other hand was a joke and certainly shouldn't have been the main focus of the game until the Beast arrived.

Anyway, great game. I think I'll take a break and come back to it over the summer for an evil playthrough.

I like you're suggestion on having the Beast take center role as villain. Now that I think about it Bertand was a turd.

I like you're suggestion on having the Beast take center role as villain. Now that I think about it Bertand was a turd.

Wasn't he just...

Both of his boss battles were just hit the glowing spot until he's dead/goes away. I did like the chase during the second encounter, but it was too little, too late. He should have taken a mini boss role, perhaps something you face against to access Flood/Industrial town.

To be honest, I think he might have been better if he was just human, it would have made his crusade more interesting and allowed for an interesting good/bad karma choice.

As for the Beast/John, I really do think they missed a trick by not having him show up more, remove Nix and have John as the bad Karma choice at the end, would have had a lot more impact and we wouldn't have been subjected to Nix, who did redeem herself somewhat in the end by blowing herself up? (that wasn't entirely clear either, just what did she do?). It also would have allowed them to let players choose from all the powers instead of locking certain ones out if you choose the good/bad path.

Bad playthrough spoiler (that might occur on the Good one but I am not certain)

I absolutely loved the brief quality time Cole and Zeke share. In the open air chilling on a couch they each sip on a beer watching a western on the telly. Camera remains still the whole time so it is just them two. Buddies enjoying a movie and a beer. Thinking about even fearing the future. But neither speak about it.

Very vulnerable moment that.

Bad playthrough spoiler (that might occur on the Good one but I am not certain)

I absolutely loved the brief quality time Cole and Zeke share. In the open air chilling on a couch they each sip on a beer watching a western on the telly. Camera remains still the whole time so it is just them two. Buddies enjoying a movie and a beer. Thinking about even fearing the future. But neither speak about it.

Very vulnerable moment that.

I thought that was a great scene, too.

Cole and Zeke finally put their disagreement behind them. I kept hoping SP would address that and I was glad when it finally happened. I would have liked a bro-hug at that point, but you can't have everything, I suppose.

Wasn't he just...

Both of his boss battles were just hit the glowing spot until he's dead/goes away. I did like the chase during the second encounter, but it was too little, too late. He should have taken a mini boss role, perhaps something you face against to access Flood/Industrial town.

To be honest, I think he might have been better if he was just human, it would have made his crusade more interesting and allowed for an interesting good/bad karma choice.

As for the Beast/John, I really do think they missed a trick by not having him show up more, remove Nix and have John as the bad Karma choice at the end, would have had a lot more impact and we wouldn't have been subjected to Nix, who did redeem herself somewhat in the end by blowing herself up? (that wasn't entirely clear either, just what did she do?). It also would have allowed them to let players choose from all the powers instead of locking certain ones out if you choose the good/bad path.

Damn Sarge, that is quite excellent. Sucker Punch needs to hire you! You make an excellent point given the Beast's motivations. It would make perfect sense because he...

wants to create a world of superhuman. Though they would have to change Kuo's stance at the end. I really really like that. It would have given the game significant weight and broken the tried old dynamic of Good Companion/ Bad Companion on equal footing from which you have to choose sides from. Here you have this massive powerhouse promising you more power, and then you have Kuo and your friend Zeke and your meager powers.

Ouch, my first run through is as evil on hard and hit my first brick wall last night.

Have just got to Powering up Ascension Parish (the part where you have to power up the powered down part of the first island). After spending far too long trying to fly the Tesla Missile through the streets before realising you could fly it up and down as well as left and right the first and second transformers were a breeze, but the third transformer - damn, pulling what little hair I have left out and for the first time tempted to throw the controller across the room. Militia coming from all angles, grenades and mini gunners and frantically chucking my own grenades whilst using shockwave to push everyone away AND refilling on energy and getting my fingers in a pickle with the combination of buttons and triggers. I get to about 95% powered up and then die...time and time and time again.

In the end gave up and went to bed. Is there a knack i'm missing?

Ouch, my first run through is as evil on hard and hit my first brick wall last night.

Have just got to Powering up Ascension Parish (the part where you have to power up the powered down part of the first island). After spending far too long trying to fly the Tesla Missile through the streets before realising you could fly it up and down as well as left and right the first and second transformers were a breeze, but the third transformer - damn, pulling what little hair I have left out and for the first time tempted to throw the controller across the room. Militia coming from all angles, grenades and mini gunners and frantically chucking my own grenades whilst using shockwave to push everyone away AND refilling on energy and getting my fingers in a pickle with the combination of buttons and triggers. I get to about 95% powered up and then die...time and time and time again.

In the end gave up and went to bed. Is there a knack i'm missing?

I'm playing as good and hard, and did die a few times, using the ionic power is the key to surviving this. Think its different to mine as your evil, but it clears out waves of them. I focus on taking out the enemies charging from alleyway for a few minutes first, then check the minimap to see whre the most enemies are groupped, chuck a ionic power at those, clear some more. Another ionic power. Job done. Only died about 3 times I think.

good idea btu couldn't use my ionic vortex last night as despite being able to carry 2 of them had used them both prior to starting the third transformer - and never had time to pick any more up (not even sure if any were dropped as was so focussed on trying to survive the final part of the mission). I guess when I next restart maybe I'll be able to go back a little - start the mission from first transformer again - and save some ionic vortexs for the finale.

good idea btu couldn't use my ionic vortex last night as despite being able to carry 2 of them had used them both prior to starting the third transformer - and never had time to pick any more up (not even sure if any were dropped as was so focussed on trying to survive the final part of the mission). I guess when I next restart maybe I'll be able to go back a little - start the mission from first transformer again - and save some ionic vortexs for the finale.

There should be the odd grouping of enemies between generators allowing you to refresh it.

So, picked this up yesterday. Was a fan of th eoriginal. I thought it was a bit rough around the edges, but good fun. Massive improvement for this outing; far higher production values, (although cut scenes are already pissing me off, much prefered the comic book style of the original). But loving the far, far quicker movement and the graphical lick of paint. New powers are great, as is the way you get them, especially considering the same old same old approach of the original.

Overall, after 3 or 4 hours play last night I am liking it lots.

Just did my first partner mission with Kuo, to give you some idea how far I am. I'm a lot more able to survive big groups now! It's coming together for me between sensible use of powers, use of roll and group management. Only issue left is being knocked for six when a monster sneak up on me and punches me.

Enjoying this a lot.

I still have the same problem with I had with inFamous 1 though: the powers you have are really unimaginative and non-sensical. I'm an electric man, why are my powers shoot, grenade and rocket? Grenade and rocket makes no sense at all!

I'd like to see powers based on electric stuff. So why can't I make the electrics in cars explode from distance when bad guys are hiding behind them? Why can't I generate sparks from distance that disable thier guns/explode their ammunition? Short teleports based on sources of electricity, maybe?

I played through & enjoyed the first Infamous but this wasn't on my radar until a few weeks ago. Probably all the Hype from E3 crowded it out.

I got the first game back through the Welcome Back promotion & am currently playing through it again as refresher for the sequel plus the fact that I enjoy playing it anyway. All this positive buzz about the sequel though is making me wonder whether I should finish my I1 playthrough or just jump straight into the sequel?

Is there any major usage of the completed savegame from the first? I lost my save when my PS3 went down so I was just going to complete my goody-two-shoes (the way I always play in Moral Choice systems) run before starting 2. If it doesn't really have an affect I may not bother & just start my sweetness-&-light routine from the beginning in the sequel.

I played through & enjoyed the first Infamous but this wasn't on my radar until a few weeks ago. Probably all the Hype from E3 crowded it out.

I got the first game back through the Welcome Back promotion & am currently playing through it again as refresher for the sequel plus the fact that I enjoy playing it anyway. All this positive buzz about the sequel though is making me wonder whether I should finish my I1 playhrough or just jump straight into the sequel?

Is there any major usage of the completed savegame from the first? I lost my save when my PS3 went down so I was just going to complete my goody-two-shoes (the way I always play in Moral Choice systems) run before starting 2. If it doesn't really have an affect I may not bother & just start my sweetness-&-light routine from the beginning in the sequel.

You will just start will extra Karma for good or bad depending on how far through inFamous 1 you were. (If you have saved games from both evil AND good playthroughs, it will offer you a choice.) So, it's not vital, especially as you will end up maxing out your karma in inFamous 2 whether get the karma boost from inFamous 1 or not. BUT, you should finish inFamous 1 if you want a full understanding of what is going on in inFamous 2 and the characters will feel better developed.

I have finished inFamous 2 on good, loved every second (apart from giving you powers that aren't electric :facepalm: ). Now finishing my inFamous 1 hard/evil then will return to 2 to do the same. inFamous is my new obsession. :omg:

Does not matter. If you have a saved game of inFamous 1 (I believe I read somewhere it is linked to unlocked trophies) you can start inFamous 2 with extra EXP to spend etc. Comes in handy but it is certainly not vital. Story wise you will not miss anything.

I have finished inFamous 2 on good, loved every second (apart from giving you powers that aren't electric :facepalm: ). Now finishing my inFamous 1 hard/evil then will return to 2 to do the same. inFamous is my new obsession. :omg:

I would have though that Magnetism would be a natural extension of Cole's abilities, but maybe they thought that would be pushing Marvel's buttons a bit too much than they already were. ;)

Does not matter. If you have a saved game of inFamous 1 (I believe I read somewhere it is linked to unlocked trophies) you can start inFamous 2 with extra EXP to spend etc. Comes in handy but it is certainly not vital. Story wise you will not miss anything.

It cant be trophy tied, it must be save game related as my replacement slim does not have my original Infamous save on there. So I got nowt, Even though I have 70% of the trophy's from the first game.

Oh come on! I've nearly liberated the whole first island, I've absorbed another Blast Core, and I still don't have rockets. :(

They come pretty late in the game, after you absorb the fifth blast core. I was disappointed too, but they are pretty overpowered, so it makes sense to make them available late in the game. (although they really should have had a weaker rocket power available from the very beginning instead of stripping them away)

Does this one involve killing endless numbers of 10 pixel high twats in orange jackets, sniping at you from the top of buildings?

Because that's what I did for 90% of my time when playing the first one.

White trench coats this time round and yes, all of the enemies still have an amazing aim. (although snipers now have a laser sight, which makes spotting them easier)

lasers = good

lots of snipers = bad

I thought they'd mix it up a bit for the sequel

There are fewer snipers, but the standard enemies still have their super aim and you'll regularly find yourself being blasted by them from 2-3 rooftops away. (the grenadiers are easily the most annoying enemies in this, especially when you come across a cluster of them, they put the laser guided grenadiers from CoD to shame.)

Damn Sarge, that is quite excellent. Sucker Punch needs to hire you! You make an excellent point given the Beast's motivations. It would make perfect sense because he...

wants to create a world of superhuman. Though they would have to change Kuo's stance at the end. I really really like that. It would have given the game significant weight and broken the tried old dynamic of Good Companion/ Bad Companion on equal footing from which you have to choose sides from. Here you have this massive powerhouse promising you more power, and then you have Kuo and your friend Zeke and your meager powers.

Pretty much, the story felt very underdeveloped to be honest. Not sure if they spent most of their time working on the UGC side of the game, but the main game and the story felt very underdeveloped and rushed.

A shame they didn't develop it as the story in the first title was very well done and fleshed out in comparison.

OK in the last 2 weeks I have finished inFamous 1 on good karma, finished inFamous 2 on good karma, finished inFamous 1 on bad karma. Now time for my evil/ hard inFamous 2 play through. So many citizens of New Marais are getting lightning up their a-holes. :omg: