IGNORED

Rebuild me

SaintM

I've so far only one point more than BIRMINGHAM. And he's got TWO GAMES IN HAND ON ME.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that you'll still be a point ahead of him when those two games are played. Goatie only seems to save his good form for when he plays Manic.

Edit - FUCK YOU, AL.

Right I have somewhat lost my Fifa mojo.

Don't know what it is but last night became slightly bored of Fifa. I think it is down to Ultimate Team somewhat forcing me to play same formation and therefore the same game each match with unfamliar players (mind you this is true of my 1vs1 team)

What I think I need is some insight into tactics and there various effects. I tend to play 4-1-2-1-2 formation but am not enjoying the game in the last third of the pitch. I have tended to stop playing any over head balls or mid pitch cross field balls and so tend to play from defence to the wings and then back in the middle -YAWN

I know I can change things up with new formations etc and so to aid in this and to do as little work as possible I thought I would put this out there to be ripped apart hoping some nugget of sweetcorn may be found in all the shit I expect in response ;-)

What formation do a lot of you top boys play?

Why? (Is it down to particualr stats in your team)

What settings do you have the various sliders on and why?

Do you play a lot of 1-2s ?

Do you play a lot of 1-2s ?

Yes! - I use a strong attacker and fast attacker to slice through defences.

A fair few people attempt to use it and in BAP as well. Mainly for these reasons:

A: it puts you in a 2v1 situation against the defending team, wherever you are on the pitch. Passing it around them or in triangles rather than taking them on

B: the AI defender's are so shit in FIFA, that they don't track runner's. So in terms of defending, you have to chase the runner and make the AI pressure the ball

C: As with all football games, teams are perfectly positioned at the kick off. So when you pass it in 1-2's all the way to goal, you effectively only have to go past two set's of two defenders. (massive flaw that's been in games since Pro Evo and such)

Hope I answered that one for you crazy legs :)

A fair few people attempt to use it and in BAP as well. Mainly for these reasons:

A: it puts you in a 2v1 situation against the defending team, wherever you are on the pitch. Passing it around them or in triangles rather than taking them on

B: the AI defender's are so shit in FIFA, that they don't track runner's. So in terms of defending, you have to chase the runner and make the AI pressure the ball

C: As with all football games, teams are perfectly positioned at the kick off. So when you pass it in 1-2's all the way to goal, you effectively only have to go past two set's of two defenders. (massive flaw that's been in games since Pro Evo and such)

lol - thanks. Yeah we need to get some club footie going again. You, me, Outsider and Pilotwings built that club and it was top fun destroying the opposition. Pilotwings has started posting recently so hopefully we can convince him to come back to the fold - top fella and a good fifa player. I have sorted my connection now as well so no more frustration of lag.

I believe 1-2s are LB. Do you have to hold it down as you pass or just a quick press as you release the ball? Seen plenty of people try the old 1-2s from kick off against me.

Also is there a preferred skill move people use? I tend to hold it up a lot more now and doig more of the fake shot ( smithstock special) I can understand people not wanting to give up there hard earned fifa skills but if someone is feeling generous I wanna take my game to the next level and start trying different things but with the knowledge of those better and more experienced than me (is that obsequious enough to get a response)

i give you Jamie Smith, Fifa's mastermind

Mastermind-chair-28_854826a.jpg

lol - thanks. Yeah we need to get some club footie going again. You, me, Outsider and Pilotwings built that club and it was top fun destroying the opposition. Pilotwings has started posting recently so hopefully we can convince him to come back to the fold - top fella and a good fifa player. I have sorted my connection now as well so no more frustration of lag.

I believe 1-2s are LB. Do you have to hold it down as you pass or just a quick press as you release the ball? Seen plenty of people try the old 1-2s from kick off against me.

Also is there a preferred skill move people use? I tend to hold it up a lot more now and doig more of the fake shot ( smithstock special) I can understand people not wanting to give up there hard earned fifa skills but if someone is feeling generous I wanna take my game to the next level and start trying different things but with the knowledge of those better and more experienced than me (is that obsequious enough to get a response)

Let's see if we cross BAP path's next season! :)

I tend to hold LB as I press the pass button, it makes the passer run forward. But you just got to be careful you don't make your centreback run up front or whatever.

I don't think you need to use any skills, until you know what you are trying to achieve. Tyler tends to wrong foot me with some trickery when I've played him, but that's not to say doing that would benefit my game. I don't see Tyler holding the ball up and it's something I aim to do regularly.

As for the fake shot, I tend to try do it when you wouldn't expect it. E.g. In a situation where you would expect someone to shoot and score (with the possibility of a defender blocking) - I would attempt it to go inside the defender.

The main reason I use fake shot, is to put it on the player's stronger foot though :lol:

What I think I need is some insight into tactics and there various effects. I tend to play 4-1-2-1-2 formation but am not enjoying the game in the last third of the pitch. I have tended to stop playing any over head balls or mid pitch cross field balls and so tend to play from defence to the wings and then back in the middle -YAWN

Change your CAM to CF. It changes your formation to 4-3-3 (or 4-1-2-3 if you like) and completely alters how you play in the last third without compromising too much in other areas of the pitch

I've had it.

Anyone who thinks that a game which can fuck you over at random makes for a decent video game is clearly a fucking imbecile and deserves nothing but contempt.

It's like comparing Chess to Blackjack. I'm sure there is some skill in blackjack, but if it gives you shit cards and your opponent 21, you're fucked anyway.

They should stop watching ice hockey and start looking at the game they are trying to emulate.

Cunts

I am pretty much fully adapted to the problems now apart from 1 and that is when there is a deflection or a rebound off a defender. The whole of the defending team seem to react much slower than the attacking side. A high percentage of goals that I concede now are from this kind of thing.

I've had it.

Anyone who thinks that a game which can fuck you over at random makes for a decent video game is clearly a fucking imbecile and deserves nothing but contempt.

It's like comparing Chess to Blackjack. I'm sure there is some skill in blackjack, but if it gives you shit cards and your opponent 21, you're fucked anyway.

They should stop watching ice hockey and start looking at the game they are trying to emulate.

Cunts

Agree - it decides the winner before a ball is even kicked. The BEST players have some chance of reversing this decision whilst the vast majority of us are forced to endure 14 minutes of 'slog' before the inevitable defeat is confirmed. It's absolute wank

Agree - it decides the winner before a ball is even kicked. The BEST players have some chance of reversing this decision whilst the vast majority of us are forced to endure 14 minutes of 'slog' before the inevitable defeat is confirmed. It's absolute wank

:)

The thing for me atm (and im sure steely will agree) is im having between 15-20 shots a game, and not scoring any!

its really starting to do my head in :)

Stick a striker/CF in the CAM role. Tyler said that he does the same with Milito. In most 4-1-2-1-2 formations the CAM gets the most chances.

Tried out this setup last night and it worked a dream in the two ranked matches I had. So well in fact, that in the second game the Arse(nal) :) quit after my 3rd on 25 minutes

Our games are so far away I will no doubt have to revamp my formation after my overdue shit run of form!

no i didnt mean about that :) i meant im going to try it out as my finishing is just so awful atm ill do anything to sort it out...

Edit: meant to quote beejays quote lmao

I've had it.

Cunts

Its amazing how a game which is 90% the same as last year can make you feel so different, will be interesting to see how world cup pans out and my hope is that Fifa 11 refines the additions made in 10 so they actually work and add to an enjoyable game. Other than BAP I have not played 1v1 for months whereas I regularly played 09

Its amazing how a game which is 90% the same as last year can make you feel so different

I'm pretty sure Mike was moaning almost as much as he is now with FIFA 09. Do you not remember manual-passing-gate?

There is definitely something a miss with FIFA 10. It is like their is a virtual coin being tossed before a match kicks off. I'll play someone online and most of the time everything is against me. Matches are almost predetermined before you kick a ball, if it wants you to lose it'll make sure your passing and shooting are shit and the other guy will get stupid rebound of the goalie taps in regularly.

If Konami hadn't fucked up so badly I could bare it. I could go back to Pro Evo one gameplay and graphics and enjoy it if I could play it online, if they released it on live arcade I could ditch this pile of shite right now. I honestly feel like getting rid of this game, because every so often I'll forget how it kick me in the balls 90% of the time I play it, turn it on only to get kicked in the balls again!! I just feel the need to play football games now and then, I'm going to re-buy 09 I think.

You've got to ask questions when 2 people can play 2 games and beat each other once with such regularity.

My games with Pompey were the first time I think me and my opponent have just had to to shrug and accept there was something beyond our control going on. The two games were just so different and so one-sided for each of us. It was like the game fell apart in our hands.

I'm not really someone who gets frustrated with the game but the satisfaction of winning isn't really there. The amount of times I feel I have to apologise for my goals is ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

This game is total steaming dog shit. I am losing games down to the game wanting me to lose. When you've lost the FIFA lottery before kick off there is nothing you can do. Mix this in with a goalkeeper that won't stay on his line for love nor money and is chipped even if he is one yard off his line. Grrr. I hope WC game is better, I really do. This game is painfull.

EA want a good kicking for fucking up so bad.