IGNORED

Ultimate Team 10

Thread Owner

First impressions are its not as well set out at the last one. Menus seem clunky and disorganised. As far as I can tell they've got rid of the 'collection', which was a real plus point in the last one for me.

They've still not got a play a friend function ;)

Oooh also, is there only 1 of every player?

So I crumbled as it was only 400 points. Some how I managed to quit out of the first start thing and my record of playing 09 has gone. I did get my 2 free gold packs though. Only player of note that I got was Raul but apparently I am the only owner?

The interface is defintely worse in my opinion. All my players also have 6 contract games left which means they'll all run out at the same time. That seems a bit foolish.

I don't get how you have multiple squads either to be honest.

I think paying for it again is a fucking piss take.

Not even any discount for anyone that purchased this is in '09? Or bought any packs to get started, etc?

You get 2x gold packs.

I believe it you had an 09 UT then you get +2 gold packs on top of your normal.

Unless, of course, EA support deleted your 09 UT/locked you out of their servers -_-

i think its class, got my bronze english 4-4-2 side to 100 chemistry last night and beat a 5 star team full of players 80+ in the 5 star online cup i was 4-0 up at 32mins and he quit. Next game i beat a team 75+ 2-1 just i was holding out but it was so fun, the chemistry makes a massive difference how your players play. Every pass goes to plan through balls are class they seem stronger and the finishing from a bronze player isnt bad at all.

i have a gold team with like 30 chemistry and they feel awful.

Do we think this is a hidden stat in the main game then?

It's easy to add something like "form" - i.e. when a team starts losing in game/in BAP they can fall apart right?

However I'm almost surprised EA have got this in the engine when the game has started. If so, fair play to em. I've known games that will hamper your player for playing in a certain area of the pitch only if you've confirmed them in that place at game start/before the match engine has loaded. In the past that information was always always ignored once the match engine was loaded - and so I'd often stick in proper players to begin with and then sub out who I wanted.

I tried this with Ultimate Team 09, and I'm sure it made a difference...as there's no way to tell if your chemistry is affected in game, and so I guessed it wasn't.

It'd be much easier if that was the case. It'd almost bring some managerial skill back to the game.

This could extend to the management mode; I.e. players who don't get on/knock on effects of that. Not even FM shows this sort of thing? It's hard to know quite what the problem can be at times.

The whole UT thing revolves around compatible players, which would work better in the Management Mode + you could extend it with players who are experienced/good at slotting into sides/playing in different leagues would do better/learn their team mates faster.

Plus you'd have to play them in their preferred position to see best results of gelling with the squad. Yeah actually learn that Chemistry somewhat.

I.e. Tevez might take ages, Ballack probably wouldn't, Emre/disaster, Robinho/catacylsm?

HOWEVER - as long as they can charge for this and make it a "game lite" they'll do that. Sorry!

i'm thinking about that lol and thinking i should play all my players in their correct positions and default formation. I play Walcott RM and he goes to like 77 from 81 that must affect him somehow.

Probably still worth a try to be honest. Load up your team as they should be, then change in game/make subs.

You might well see that the Chemistry rating stays as it was when the game was loaded, and you'll get better results/your players will still play well. Not 100% Guaranteed though, yet worth a try. Bring on those gold subs! -_-

I'm really enjoying this. Unbeaten so far in single player, the chemistry thing makes such a difference. After winning two cups and building a nice little squad, I bought a silver pack, threw the 4 new much-better players into the team and they were atrocious!

I've got a 57 rated Korean CF with such a blistering left foot on him I just give it to him 30 yards from goal and watch the scores rack up.

Here's one with me pissing around with the camera angles.

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/17286380

i think its class, got my bronze english 4-4-2 side to 100 chemistry last night and beat a 5 star team full of players 80+ in the 5 star online cup i was 4-0 up at 32mins and he quit. Next game i beat a team 75+ 2-1 just i was holding out but it was so fun, the chemistry makes a massive difference how your players play. Every pass goes to plan through balls are class they seem stronger and the finishing from a bronze player isnt bad at all.

i have a gold team with like 30 chemistry and they feel awful.

I totally agree with you about the chemistry making the gameplay so much more fun, it's why I loved last years UT and couldn't wait to try this years.

Although in my experience so far I don't feel chemistry is as big a factor as it was last year, my all bronze team with 100 chem really struggled against a team with star players in attack and midfield with 60 chem, basically the star players making mince meat of my defenders. That wouldn't have happened just so easily last year I feel, but then I was slightly tipsy so that's also a factor. -_- I've had to add a bit more quality in all areas while maintaining 100 chem to be able to compete in the online tournys. Still a 3 1/2* star team though.