IGNORED

Justified

russ

• 4 weeks later...

Really surprised this isn't getting encore l'amour from you lot. It takes a while to get going but it's totally excellent now. It seems to have settled into one nice story thread, rather than baddie of the week.

Fucking brilliant finale :omg: Really lived up to it's title <_< Walton Goggins is amazing ;) Knocked it out of the park yet again. If there's any justice in the world he'll get a big award for this, to make up for all the times he was ignored for The Shield. Then again he probably won't. Raylan's

kill at the window :) He didn't waste a single bullet in the whole episode. One hit kills all round. Pure awesome. Sad to see MC Gainey die, though. Such a great actor and a terrific character. Although he might not be dead....

All in all, a fucking outstanding season. I cannot wait for season 2. The relationship between Raylan and Boyd is surely among the best on tv.

Why the fuck isn't this show bigger than it is? It's so good.

Yeah, that was very good.

I was wondering what everyone had seen Goggins in before to have such a high opinion of him before the season even started. I hadn't seen The Shield at all, but I now have the boxset to put that right.

Yup, that was excellent. I don't think there was a bad episode all season.

Kill at the window

was indeed great :D

"You didn't happen to bring your rocket launcher did you?"

:D

Once I'm done with Oz I think I might have to get stuck in to The Shield and continue the Goggins appreciation.

Oh, that was the finale. Felt like it, I just didn't want it to be :)

I got into this around when episode 6 aired in the US. It was great having a chunk of episodes to watch. Waiting a week after that was horrible.

I envy you lucky buggers who have yet to see a single episode.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished this. Excellent show. Kind of laid back in it's pacing, but never less than interesting, just like a good Elmore Leonard novel really.

Raylan's dad is a complete shit, isn't he? Loved the bit where he's laid on the bed in the motel room, reaches around for the gun, only to turn and see Raylan has the drop on him.

Okay, so this is based on a Leonard short story, but I knew the character seemed familiar in another way. The penny's just dropped. He was a main character in another Leonard novel, Pronto. Does anyone know if the character been in any more of his books?

Okay, so this is based on a Leonard short story, but I knew the character seemed familiar in another way. The penny's just dropped. He was a main character in another Leonard novel, Pronto. Does anyone know if the character been in any more of his books?

I was going to mention it but I thought it was a BEARD TRAP. The downloads I watched said 'Based on the Elmore Leonard short story Fire In The Hole.

What? Yeah, I know it's based on that particular short story (as I said in my post). But the Raylan Givens character has been in at least one other Elmore Leonard novel that I know of. Possibly even more, given Leonard's penchant for having recurring characters in his stories.

Never mind though. Wikipedia came through. He was also in Riding the Rap, which I haven't read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raylan_Givens

• 7 months later...

Only a few days left. :omg:

eCDWP.jpg

Reviews are also coming in, I won't post them for fear of spoilers but the general theme seems to be that it's just as good as Season 1, and that there's more of season long story arc with standalone episodes featuring familiar characters and plot strands that tie into the overall arc.

Only a few days left. :omg:

eCDWP.jpg

Reviews are also coming in, I won't post them for fear of spoilers but the general theme seems to be that it's just as good as Season 1, and that there's more of season long story arc with standalone episodes featuring familiar characters and plot strands that tie into the overall arc.

Holy shit. You've made my day.

I'm really glad it's back, but the pacing in the opening episode was terrible...it felt more like two episodes edited into one.

Picked up towards the end though, but they really should have gone with a two parter instead of forcing it all into one episode.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like they've set up the Bennett family as the new big bad for the series. Nice to see a Matriarch as imposing as Mags, the way she's tried to adopt that girl is more than a little creepy. I really liked these opening two episodes, I love the atmosphere and vibe the show oozes.

Obviously it's really good and all, but the first 2 episoes of S1 were amazing. The first 2 episoes of S2 have just been good.

Maybe it's because then it was something new, and now it's not. I don't know.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone still watching this? Haven't seen episode 5 yet, but I think it's ticking along nicely now after the season opener. Quite grim what they were going to do to the poor pregnant lady.

The killing of that girl's dad was damned cold, and superbly played by the actress playing the old bird.

Raylan's ex-wife looks hotter than ever.

• 2 weeks later...

The new episode was good, if a little contrived in places. It felt like a more plot driven episode than usual,

with the amount of situations that arose to prevent Raylan and the ex-missus getting the money back into evidence.

Kind of like a sitcom without the laughs. Plus...

they seem to have a introduced a new baddy quite late on. Looks like Mags might not end up being the main villain after all.