IGNORED

Justified

russ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if it was misdirection. They seemed to be laying the clues a bit too thick, his speech about pretending so long it's no longer preparing, the ambiguity over the status of his ex-wife, his sudden interest in seeing Thompson's widow.

I was wondering if it was misdirection. They seemed to be laying the clues a bit too thick, his speech about pretending so long it's no longer preparing, the ambiguity over the status of his ex-wife, his sudden interest in seeing Thompson's widow.

And

He was randomly checking the altered autopsy report a few episodes ago.

It raised an eyebrow at the time.

I've fallen behind this season, so playing a bit of catch up. Episode 7 was fantastic. The whole thing with Raylan chasing down the fugitive, Boyd being told a few uncomfortable truths at that high rollers swingers party, the scene with Raylan and his father, everything was just pure gold. The plot moves in a way that seems fast paced, and yet totally laid back. The easy going conversations between people are full of hidden meanings, and/or old history. And then you get a blast of violence that feels real, and blows your hair back. And then everything's back to normal, but not quite.

Oh, and the girl who played Jackie Nevada was gorgeous.

Great episode.

Tim and Colt on the phone!

The dicks monologue!

Bob vs. Yolo/Yoda/Yoohoo/Whatever

I thought you were going to throw the molotov cocktail.

And Raylan continuing to be the coolest motherfucker who ever walked the Earth.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after being shat on by the Walking Dead finale this week it was nice to get the superb ending this delivered last night and I can't wait to see where they go next with so much left hanging in the air. I think this has definitely been my favourite series so far.

The last four or so episodes of this have been fantastic. A great payoff to all the build up.

The last episode...

Where Raylan and the missus take out the bad guys was pretty tense. Justified is great for scenes like this, that get you thinking, "Fuck, how is Raylan gonna get out of this one?" knowing deep down that he'll play a smart move, and come out on top. But still, there's that little bit of doubt that he might not come out on top. It feels real.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure when it is on in the UK FX, but goddamn S4 is great! in terms of overall quality in world building, characters, dialogue and just storytelling, it unfortunately has no rivals right now, that includes GoT and Mad Men on at the moment.

It can be dark and melancholic and still be fun and choked full of awesome scenes at the same time. And as the great Art said, you have to admire how badass that McGuffin character is. Not to be named for those yet to watch this.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been with this since the start, and having slacked a bit with the latest season I'm finally all caught up. It's still amazing.

I've come to really like Boyd.

So much so that I really felt bad for him when that guy set him up, and Eva ended up taking the fall. Not sure how he's gonna work that one out.

• 7 months later...