IGNORED

Justified

russ

Cool. It was normal for Boardwalk Empire until they decided to shorten the final season (which having just finished, I think was the best way forward), so wasn't sure if the Justified guys had done the same.

Disappointed in some ways that it's the final season, but I think it has probably run its course, and shows always tend to tighten up a bit all round when they know how many episodes are left to play with.

Just started watching this from season one. A couple of episodes in, it feels a little 'bad guy of the week' rather than having an overarching season arc. Have I got that wrong?

Also, it's fine but (IMO) not great TV - does it take a bit of time to warm up or is it more a case of 'if you don't like it so far give it up'?

It beds in and the story arcs become a lot more far reaching, with plot lines carried from season to season. The tone is pretty consistent from the off though, but feel it is still a slow burner, rather than an insta-grab. If you watch all of season one and still don't feel it... watch season two, three etc until you do ;)

Justified is a criminally underwatched series, along with Friday Night Lights *sighs wistfully and thinks of Coach Taylor*

Just started watching this from season one. A couple of episodes in, it feels a little 'bad guy of the week' rather than having an overarching season arc. Have I got that wrong?

Also, it's fine but (IMO) not great TV - does it take a bit of time to warm up or is it more a case of 'if you don't like it so far give it up'?

It improves from season 2 onwards. Season 1 felt a bit like a typical procedural drama but following series are much better.

I love the dialogue in this. One particular exchange from episode 2 had me chuckling...

Raylan: Fancy seeing you here.

Boyd: Y'know, I've never been entirely sure what that phrase is supposed to denote. Does it mean this gathering here must be fancy because you're present? Or is it simply an expression of surprise at such a random meeting between two friends or aquaintances?

Raylan: Jesus Boyd, I was just sayin' hello.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest episode was excellent. I feel season 5 was one of the weaker seasons (although still pretty damn good compared to a lot of telly), and season 6 has been a big improvement.

It was pretty tense in the woods with Boyd and Ava. I have a horrible feeling it's still not going to end well for Ava, with Boyd using her to his advantage and then disposing of her. :(

That was the best line in the show in ages. Loved it.

This isn't going to end well is it? How many people has Raylan killed over 7 series now? Surely he isn't going to walk into the sunset with his missus and daughter and live happily ever after?

• 2 weeks later...