IGNORED

Justified

russ

• 2 weeks later...

Both Goggins & Olyphant blew it out of the water in the finale. They both need their 'big break' to show the world just what brilliant actors they are. This was easily the best finale in recent times, rivalling the Sopranos imo. It's sad there won't be another series really but who knows, with Raylan in Florida now maybe we could see another Sisco/Givens team up with Carla Gugino & Olyphant in a series of TV movies based on some of Leonard's stories? Could work.

I loved how consistent the show's internal logic was right up to the end. The finale wasn't necessarily predictable but everything that happened made sense without being a cop out or being out of character for the people involved.

For instance:

Boon misses in the duel because he's flashy and always tries for head shots but Raylan always shoots for the heart because that's how he was taught at Glencoe. So he wins.

Raylan won't betray Ava because he knows what having an asshole outlaw for a father will do to her son.

It managed to both come full circle and have it's characters break the cycles they were in. I thought it was great.

It all comes back to them...

Digging coal together. A great way of showing their mutual respect, despite being on opposite sides of the law. Not really the ending I was expecting, but it worked, and ended the show with a warm glow.

Sad to see it finish, a fantastic show.

Also...

Long haired Ava is the hottest Ava. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I've re-subscribed yesterday to Now TV to watch the new episodes of GoT but was very surprised to see that all six seasons of Justfied are available to view. Perfect for the beginner or for me I can now finaly watch season six.

• 3 months later...

I just totally beasted this on Now TV, it came up as a "GoT withdrawal" suggestion and my god it was good. Funny thing is that I saw the pilot years ago when it first came out and it didn't really grab me for some reason. I think they found their own sense of humour which is what grabbed me (plus all the deadwood cameos), and the acting between Raylan and Boyd was out of this world. Cannot recommend enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this good then? I just watched the first episode on a whim, and while it was okay, it was also as cheesy as you like. It reminded me of The Fall Guy with lots of shooting. Is it worth persevering with?

• 3 weeks later...

Right, struggling for something to watch when I am working away from home and noticed this getting some really good views. I have just got up to speed with the awesome Banshee and with pretty much every other current or recent TV show under my belt need a new challenge :) I love Olyphant so expect he delivers a big turn here.

For any of you lads that can be bothered if you could post 3 quick spoiler free reasons to JUSTIFY getting into this that would be great. Think I just need that tip over the edge :lol: cheers

• 4 months later...

Just thought I would add to the praise. I finished this over Christmas and I'm gutted that it's over. It's right up there with Breaking Bad. In fact fuck it, it's better than Breaking Bad.

Goggins is absolutely brilliant, a standout in an excellent cast.

This also really nailed its final episode. So many series have no idea how to go out and either ramble on with some bloated mess or don't quite hit the right note. This finished at just the right point with a lean ending that summed up the characters perfectly.

Only topped by The Shield for me.

It's great, but it definitely has more patchy moments than BB. Could have probably used a 5 season arc like BB instead of 6.

S1 of BB was pretty naff in a lot of places - especially where the White family were concerned - and S5 was messy in places. Justified has one slightly wonky season that is still massively entertaining.

Because Dewey "four kidneys" Crowe.