Smaller "Slim" 360 - Now official

Pistol

Was it 228?

Yeah, sounds about right. I didn't trust my memory to give that figure, but I think you're spot on.

Ah, yep:

228GB free on the HD.
So, they don't come with a HDMI cable? Seriously?

I find it a bit bizarre. Not even a component cable? I initially plugged it in with the composite cable just to transfer some things across and it truly looked repulsive on my LCD. I shudder to think how many people will just plug it in like that and go on their merry way. Maybe 40% :lol: .

Cleaned up my room and everything just so it can sit there, humming, in all its shiny glory.

I really am a pathetic case aren't I?

I did the same. :lol:

I even cover it up when it's not being used to reduce the amount of dust that gets in. Shows how much faith I have in Microsoft.

some french site leakedan updated dashboard image..

dash71410.jpg

Then got a takedown notice:

VIA EMAIL:

Demand for Immediate Take-Down: Notice of Infringing Activity

URL: http://www.logic-sunrise.com/

Case #: 328562

Date: 15 July 2010

Dear Sir or Madam,

Microsoft has received information that the domain listed above, which appears to be on servers under your control, is offering images of, or is engaged in other unauthorized activities relating to copyrighted works published by Microsoft.

1. Identification of copyrighted works:

Copyrighted work(s):

Xbox: Berlin Dashboard

Copyright owner:

Microsoft Corporation

2.The above images are being made available for viewing and copying, through downloading, at the above location without authorization of the copyright owner.

3. Statement of authority:

The information in this notice is accurate, and I hereby certify under penalty of perjury that I am authorized to act on behalf of Microsoft, the owner of the copyright(s) in the work(s) identified above. I have a good faith belief that none of the materials or activities listed above have been authorized by Microsoft, its agents, or the law.

We hereby give notice of these activities to you and request that you take expeditious action to remove or disable access to the material described above, and thereby prevent the illegal reproduction and distribution of this copyright work(s) via your company's network.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter. Please advise us regarding what actions you take.

Yours sincerely,

James Young

Internet Investigator

on behalf of Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052

United States of America

Not arrived yet. GAME are usually good for delivering to me on a Thursday :lol:

I don't think they've even dispatched them yet. :)

Nothing comes up when tracking it anyway.

Fingers crossed for a delivery tomorrow.

I'm trying to find some deals to score it cheaper and I've also found one which offers a free HDMI cable but the downside is that these are mostly webshops, meaning I'd have to wait another day or two (or longer). Might as well get the device at the local media store right. :/

Are you lot getting any thing along with it? Or just the system itself?

I bought mine on its own from ShopTo.net, for £184.85. It's out for delivery today via TNT, should be here soon. :lol:

ASDA are apparently doing it for £189, or £199 with a game (Alan Wake, International Cricket, or Splinter Cell). And Sainsbury's is meant to be offering it for £210 with either Toy Story 3 or Red Dead Redemption. Argos are doing the system on its own for £189.99.

Ms took out the HDMI and component aaaaaaaaaaaaages ago.

Fuck me, this is so quiet...

Sorry, I haven't bought an Xbox for aaaaaaaaaaaaages. It doesn't seem right to sell an HD console without a cord that provides HD. Am I missing something? The old component cord just has 3 extra bits on it, is that too much to ask?

I finally decided today that I wanted one. Headed off to Game who told me all their preorders were allocated but if I turned up at the midnight launch and waited if someone didn't collect I could have one. WTF? So the poor sod who decided not to attend the midnight launch gets stiffed? I'm pleased I couldn't preorder.

I walked over to the HMV who had plenty of preorders left. I'll pick it up on my way into work tomorrow.

Sorry, I haven't bought an Xbox for aaaaaaaaaaaaages. It doesn't seem right to sell an HD console without a cord that provides HD. Am I missing something? The old component cord just has 3 extra bits on it, is that too much to ask?

Neither have I, I just knew. Only saying, like.

For comparison, Sony have never put a HD cable in with the PS3, at least not in the UK.

Having the best cable in the box has always been the exception rather than the norm. It was only ever the premium edition 360s that gave you the component cable, pre-HDMI. Now none of them do.

My old Falcon Elite came with HDMI + Component in the box but the Super Elite I got a couple of months ago only had the AV cable

Neither have I, I just knew. Only saying, like.

For comparison, Sony have never put a HD cable in with the PS3, at least not in the UK.

I don't own a PS3 yet. What would it come with? A composite cable?

Having the best cable in the box has always been the exception rather than the norm. It was only ever the premium edition 360s that gave you the component cable, pre-HDMI. Now none of them do.

MS used to sell their consoles with at least a component cable. They've obviously changed their philosophy though.

It does kick out quite a bit of heat. Definitely don't leave it next to anything. I think anyone that has had problems with it hasn't left sufficient space for ventilation.

Oof that's going to be a problem. I've got my Wii and HDTV directly next to it. Including a ton of cables.

It does kick out quite a bit of heat. Definitely don't leave it next to anything. I think anyone that has had problems with it hasn't left sufficient space for ventilation.

Well I'm all Xboxless. :D Till midnight. I guess I'll have to play the Wii....

Moosey, where does the heat exhaust from? From the slates in side/top?

Is a quid too much to ask for a HDMI lead? :D Go to Poundland and be happy.