Smaller "Slim" 360 - Now official

Pistol

They've not been shipping elites with HDMI cables for a while as well. I guess they thought sony's original approach was smart- why pay for and include a cable that not all of the audience can use when they can just package in a lovely composite cable that works on everything :( .

Or they decided to be like every other electronics manufacturer and not provide anything beyond the most basic cable. It's not like we used to get RGB scart leads with the PS2 or Gamecube, and I've only ever known one manufacturer (Oppo :D) provide an HDMI lead with a blu-ray or DVD player. Not that I don't agree with you. Capitalism, it's great eh?

I've got HDMI's coming out of the wazzoo, I was just mentioning it was cheaper than play :(

some fucktard decided to argue with me the other day because we didn't have any Sony branded ones for £20 because they were obviously better because they were Sony branded. It's bad form to argue with "customers" so I let it go and just pissed and moaned about it on Twitter :D

I can't believe there are people who really believe that a digital connection can be improved by spending more money on it (beyond a few quid for decent build quality). The market for £80+ HDMI leads continues to astound me - I feel sorry for the poor sods who know nothing about it and get talked into buying one in Currys to go with their new TV.

some french site leakedan updated dashboard image..

dash71410.jpg

Then got a takedown notice:

Fucking hell, you'd think they'd take a look at what people are doing with XBMC and hire them. That dash looks shit compared to something like Alaska or Aeon running on XBMC.

At the very least they should update the media side of the 360 - the visualsations for the music is shit, and not having thumbs for the icons is absolutely terrible.

alaska_movies.jpg

What's that anyway? A new dashboard update to come with the release of Xbox 360 S?

I hate how the video marketplace or even watching videos on your own goddamn HDD uses Zune for video browsing and playback. Slow as a warm turd sliding down from your anus on a Sunday morning while still having a hangover from the night before which was terrible but you decided to make the most out of it by drinking a lot. I hate those nights.

What's that anyway? A new dashboard update to come with the release of Xbox 360 S?

It's a new dashboard for when Kinect launches. (still in beta testing it seems as they refer to Kinect as Natal)

Here are the rest of the images that were removed by MS.

o84at.jpg

Yjnwz.jpg

5Enuv.jpg

efAUB.jpg

Bau3y.jpg

:D

So basically like it is now but without rounded edges and you can see even less deep into each section?

Also just noticed they've replaced where game library and achievements (something I'd imagine most of the userbase uses a regularly, games library at least) are with family settings (something I doubt many use that much on a regular basis if at all).

That dash doesn't really look that different though, does it?

Well not a lot anyway. The whole of marketplace should be redone, at least the spotlight things uses the 'blades' in a relatively clever cover flow type thing but once you get into the marketplace proper, it's a bloody mess.

It's also stupid that it's sometimes a lot quicker just to do guide button and Y to skip back to the front page of the dash than it is to B your way back through a million and one other screens.

The music player and browsing could do with a lot of work too, not least the ability to save playlists of music that isn't on your HDD, especially as the streaming stuff wirelessly works nicely, as does plugging in a USB. There seems to still be a few too many things from older versions of the dash or maybe even from XBOX itself that they've forgotten about in the interim so don't bother fixing. Even if some of it is glaring obvious and seemingly, not incredibly difficult to fix. In fact the way they changed how the selected file works when trying to make a playlist is bloody daft anyway.

Also, why don't they have some sort of option to map the more buttons that you have on your controller to specific things if you want it to? Or just use something like the bumpers to do things like send file to bottom or top of playlist. I know they want us all to waggle as that's much easier for granny than the TERRIFYING concept of using a controller but c'maaaaaahn.

Or they decided to be like every other electronics manufacturer and not provide anything beyond the most basic cable. It's not like we used to get RGB scart leads with the PS2 or Gamecube, and I've only ever known one manufacturer (Oppo :)) provide an HDMI lead with a blu-ray or DVD player. Not that I don't agree with you. Capitalism, it's great eh?

Hey, when I was a kid, electrical items didn't come with plugs attached (imagine the excitement/dissapointment roller-coaster ride when opening an Xmas present). I don't know why/when exactly it became the norm to generously include a flippin' plug, but maybe things will change with video leads one day.

Hey, when I was a kid, electrical items didn't come with plugs attached (imagine the excitement/dissapointment roller-coaster ride when opening an Xmas present). I don't know why/when exactly it became the norm to generously include a flippin' plug, but maybe things will change with video leads one day.

It was the point at which manufacturers realized the population had become too collectively stupid to be trusted with wiring a plug.

It was the point at which manufacturers realized the population had become too collectively stupid to be trusted with wiring a plug.

So all we need to do is find a way to make using low-quality leads dangerous!