Smaller "Slim" 360 - Now official

Pistol

Hey, when I was a kid, electrical items didn't come with plugs attached (imagine the excitement/dissapointment roller-coaster ride when opening an Xmas present). I don't know why/when exactly it became the norm to generously include a flippin' plug, but maybe things will change with video leads one day.

:)

You dont need one, use a flash drive.

And then you find out that it takes a million years to manually copy every single Rock Band track you've bought and to cap it all Bioware won't let you copy a Mass Effect 2 save game off via memory stick.

Does anyone know if Game or Gamestation will be selling transfer kits today?

"Does anyone know if Game or Gamestation will be selling transfer kits today?", sorry messed up the quote thing

I spoke to my local Game yesterday to see if they were selling early as reported in these pages, they said no, but did confirm they are selling the transfer kits. Official ones were £14.99, at least at my local Warrington branch.

Cheers

Al

And then you find out that it takes a million years to manually copy every single Rock Band track you've bought and to cap it all Bioware won't let you copy a Mass Effect 2 save game off via memory stick.

Does anyone know if Game or Gamestation will be selling transfer kits today?

No, if you've got a USB storage device I wouldn't worry about the transfer cable. How much do you have to transfer over? There's an option to move everything over really easily. And all the saves are transferable now via USB.

No, if you've got a USB storage device I wouldn't worry about the transfer cable. How much do you have to transfer over? There's an option to move everything over really easily. And all the saves are transferable now via USB.

I couldn't find an option to just click and transfer everything at once. Oh and Mass Effect 2 save most certainly can't be moved from their host harddrive without a transfer cable sadly.

Anyway. It doesn't matter. I bought a cable today and the box is sat next to me in the office happily transfering files over so it's all good :)

I couldn't find an option to just click and transfer everything at once. Oh and Mass Effect 2 save most certainly can't be moved from their host harddrive without a transfer cable sadly.

Anyway. It doesn't matter. I bought a cable today and the box is sat next to me in the office happily transfering files over so it's all good :)

There was an option to transfer everything over on mine. And I was able to transfer Mass Effect 2 saves via USB. We must be using different Xboxs.

There was an option to transfer everything over on mine. And I was able to transfer Mass Effect 2 saves via USB. We must be using different Xboxs.

Ah. I see the option now. That's definately new since the last time I had to do this. If you try to copy a Mass Effect save game manually it won't let you though.

Ah. I see the option now. That's definately new since the last time I had to do this. If you try to copy a Mass Effect save game manually it won't let you though.

Really? I didn't have any trouble with them. Just transferred everything to USB and then onto the new Xbox.

Really? I didn't have any trouble with them. Just transferred everything to USB and then onto the new Xbox.

If you use the bulk transfer option I'm guessing it's not a problem since it'll be working like the drive transfer cable and moving your profile at the same time. Bit shitty of Bioware though. It's the only game I have that acts like that.

If you use the bulk transfer option I'm guessing it's not a problem since it'll be working like the drive transfer cable and moving your profile at the same time. Bit shitty of Bioware though. It's the only game I have that acts like that.

That could be it. Although, I kept my profile on the old Xbox otherwise it wouldn't let me transfer any saves or content. I only had a 2GB USB flash drive, so I had to have a few goes at it.

Ah fuck it, Tesco had them in for 189.99 so why not. Picked one up, setting it up later, whats the best way to do it with an external usb hdd, with all this 16gb partition limit nonsense?

My Xbox RROD'd so I need a new one :hmm:

Are they much quieter than the Elite's? And how does the Elite compare to the old launch model?

I cannot express, by means of words or interpretive dance, how much quieter the new 360 is. Serously, it's about as loud as a Ps3 or a bog standard DVD player.

I cannot express, by means of words or interpretive dance, how much quieter the new 360 is. Serously, it's about as loud as a Ps3 or a bog standard DVD player.

My launch day PS3 sounds like the space shuttle taking off.