Smaller "Slim" 360 - Now official

Pistol

£100. They can go jump. I'll sell my Elite to my housemate for £150 or more! Mwahahahahaaaa

-EDIT- do i need to buy that cable thing to transfer stuff across? Is there another way?

£100. They can go jump. I'll sell my Elite to my housemate for £150 or more! Mwahahahahaaaa

-EDIT- do i need to buy that cable thing to transfer stuff across? Is there another way?

The transfer kit makes it trivial but you can use a usb storage device. 16gig a time with that though. For me it was just easy to pay 15 quid for the cable, plug it in, push a few buttons and wait. Use the website to transfer the licenses. Job done.

I have a non-HDMI Opus Xbox 360 with a 120gb HDD. What would I get for that as trade in for an XBox360S

I traded my old non hdmi 360 in this morning at HMV for about £37.50. That was with a 20 Gig drive, though. Also traded in a 120 Gig drive for £24 at the same time. Don't know if that's any help to you.

I traded my old non hdmi 360 in this morning at HMV for about £37.50. That was with a 20 Gig drive, though. Also traded in a 120 Gig drive for £24 at the same time. Don't know if that's any help to you.

Hmmm, that's not bad.

I picked up mine from Argos this AM (after a minor drama this morning when their web site was down and it said to "look in the catalogue" to get your codes to do a telephone booking). Oddly, they don't seem to sell VGA or RGB leads (or HDMI), so it's not possible to play your new console in anything but blur-o-vision (and there aren't any other shops nearby that sell the better leads - boo!).

The machine really is very quiet - no discernible noise at all, even when copying a game to the HDD. I haven't played a game from the DVD, and never intend to, but playing from the HDD makes no noticeable noise. I also realised that it was the noise that made me hate playing my original 360, rather than the feeling of Impending Doom (RROD); I don't really care if it's that reliable or not after all, I just want a nice, pleasant experience, and not have a jet plane taking off in my living room (and need to have the amp turned up commensurately loud).

In other news: I've been playing Halo 3: ODST, which is pretty much the dictionary definition of "meh". The best bit (by a long way) so far has been a vehicle level and it's just that - a vehicle level. What happened to the original Halo's "do the levels how you want" game-play? Yeah, I know, Halo 2 happened. I'd have hoped they'd have fixed that by now though.

My first impressions of my first 360 were not good. The new power brick might be smaller than the last power brick but it's still a massive, ugly-as-fuck power brick. And the joypad - I still don't know how anyone can think it's so superior to a Dualshock, especially for games like COD. And that infamous d-pad is worse than I could have ever imagined. It's not like I was filling in my registration details all that fast, but that piece of junk still couldn't keep up with each of my inputs.

As for the new model itself, I'm obviously going to have to make sure it's always turned off at the mains when not in use because those touch buttons are sensitive mofos. And so I was left wondering why I wasted my money, beyond my tendencies for decadent spending. But then I started downloading 25 demos/trials, which will last me a good while, and it is (so far) as quiet as promised, certainly quieter than either my PS3 or Wii, and I like my handsome avatar, so I think there's life in it as the third pillar of my home console set-up.

One of the things that made me never care for Live's supposed advantages over PSN is that I have no intention of chatting with 13-year-olds over a headset, and that's not going to change with the cruddy headset that comes included in the box. I just wanna kill people over a game of MW2, I don't need to chat about it. I probably should have spent more time thinking over my DudleySerious Gamertag, though.

What SeanR said, I don't think it ever needed a "special router" to work, even with the old wireless.

I've had three different routrs and none of them worked wirelessly with the 360.

Hard-wiring was the only solution.

Give it a week. It is massively superior to the dualshock. Sticks, better, triggers, better.

Change your tag before you do anything else it'll cost you 6 quid down the line.

When I chose my gamertag, every single permutation of even bizarre names seemed to be taken. :o

Well after work today I found out my lovely ol dad bought me one as a surprise present as I was talking to him about it a few days ago. Awesome :o

The machine itself is just a lovely piece of kit, very slick and my goodness the noise it barely makes. Just brilliant. Such an improvement over my older one just in pure noise levels alone.

Help needed folks - I've got the transfer cable but no disc, can I still transfer my stuff across?

Every time I look in memory it only offers to let me transfer stuff the wrong way - ie from the new drive over-writing the old.

FUCKSOCKS

Help needed folks - I've got the transfer cable but no disc, can I still transfer my stuff across?

Every time I look in memory it only offers to let me transfer stuff the wrong way - ie from the new drive over-writing the old.

FUCKSOCKS

The transfer software is on the new 360. You just plug the cable into a usb slot and it'll give you options to copy from console and copy to console. I only had the cable as well from my 120gig pack, worked fine.

The transfer software is on the new 360. You just plug the cable into a usb slot and it'll give you options to copy from console and copy to console. I only had the cable as well from my 120gig pack, worked fine.

Plugged it in, it didn't work - it would only offer to transfer data the wrong way. Ball locks :o

License transfer and copying files - fuck me what a pain. Machine is lovely though and so quiet. Impressed.

What files have to be copied again? Haven't read the whole thread

Plugged it in, it didn't work - it would only offer to transfer data the wrong way. Ball locks :o

What files have to be copied again? Haven't read the whole thread

Saves, videos, everything you wana keep...and then remembering the email you assigned to your gamertag, then transferring every license to the new machine. I bought a 500gb flash drive for 60 quid, thought fuck it, why waste on a transfer cable.

Hilariously, my gamertags been on 6 machines now, with all my RRODing.