Smaller "Slim" 360 - Now official

Pistol

Are old Xbox component leads compatible with this? My 4-year-old original model finally RRODed last night and I can't decide whether to just pick up an old Arcade somewhere and shift my old hard drive into it or pick one of these up.

Well I got the 360S from PC world. I had no idea it would be this quiet!

Also the internet connected wirelessly straight away! I don't think I ever had something from Microsoft work this well straight out the box.

I'm a wee bit sceptical that this design is going to stop the overheating issues - that side vent gets crazy hot even after just an hour of play (and even hotter if you're running things from a disc) - levels of heat I've not seen on a 360 since my first one, which died within 8 months. :lol:

It is lovely and silent now though, so at least I won't be able to hear it screaming in white hot agony as it bakes to death.

:coffee:

Fucking Hell

Yes?

It was re: flash - as in, it's not a flash drive. Mr Pedant is on your case!

Ah, I thought you were mocking the price.

I spotted that vent, the Wii will be going on its side, that was just the initial setting up photo. Gears 2 is there cos I keep meaning to give it another try online.

I've just noticed something annoying about the 360. It may have been the case on the old console but I didn't have that hooked up with HDMI. I used VGA.

Basically, the 360 doesn't change to my TV's relevant HDMI channel when i turn it on like the PS3 does. Not only that, if I turn on the 360 and it's not on the correct AV channel, the 360 doesn't actually start up until I change the channel myself. WTF is that all about?!

Could be a TV issue rather than the 360. Mine definitely auto switches to AV using the HDMI cable. But mine does that same thing where if it is switched on before the TV is, then yeah, the console doesn't finish booting up until the HDMI connection detects the TV is switched on.

SteveH: I think it's TV dependent. I run my 360 through two different TVs in the house, both through HDMI. The one in the bedroom auto switches to the correct channel, but the one in the living room doesn't. No idea why.