Sherlock

FishyFish

OH FUCK OFF.

Hahaha

Oh for fuck's sake.

Nice switch.

I bet they don't actually tell us - just give us dozens of similar possibilities.

Haha, quite clever.

A fucking bungee cord? toplel

I was half way through writing an angry facebook status when the switch happened!

Posting on Rllmuk/Facebook while watching Sherlock? I guess it isn't that good then if you're all browsing the net at the same time.

What they should have done is have the false explanations such as the gay Sherlock-Moriarty one, the bungee cord etc as adverts through out the year. Just drop a different one every 3 months or so. And then had the "everyone's a critic' scene the start of the episode and had Sherlock and Watson reconcile along with a proper plot.

I should run BBC1.

Oh yeah, that's why I specifically highlighted those terrible people so they can think about what they've done.

At one point, I even went into the kitchen to take my garlic bread out of the oven,I probably missed up to 30 seconds of the show. I'm a monster.

But you should be paying attention to the show, not trying to construct something to say about it on Facebook. What does it say about the quality of the show that it can't hold your attention?

But you should be paying attention to the show, not trying to construct something to say about it on Facebook. What does it say about the quality of the show that it can't hold your attention?

Nothing. Your wrong about this. Good programmes get more twitter facebook responce. Also I quite clearly said I was writing an angry message on facebook because they fooled me at the start.

Yeah but only from terrible monsters while it is still on! Next you'll be telling me it's ok to use your phone in the cinema.

Nope.

SO are you saying its the programs fault for not holding attention or our fault for not paying attention?

Well I certainly found it gripping enough that while I was watching it I didn't think "you know, I should quickly browse to facebook so I can let everyone know what I thought of that scene as soon as possible" so I'm guessing it's your problem. Maybe it's just a generational thing but having grown up without this constant second screen distraction I have no problem being able to focus on one thing without my mind drifting.

I seem to recall posts extolling the virtues of snapping something else to the side while playing a game or watching TV on the bone.

No shit but while you're refreshing the page, reading my post and then writing a response you're not giving the show the respect it deserves. You could have missed a character staring at Sherlock briefly from behind a lolipop lady or any other number of things that a lot of talented people spent a lot of time constructing so you could choose to ignore it.