IGNORED

Nintendo 3DS - first thread

Troublegum

So, fellow Tescoers, what's the likelihood of our 3DSs turning up tomorrow? I'm thinking not a chance?

Was wondering this myself. Are they definitely sending via TNT? If this is the case then there must be a bit of a chance they'll arrive Thursday ( I got despatch email at 4pm btw). But the lack of any sort of tracking number makes me wonder if it's not just Royal Mail, or is this normal for Tesco Ent?

Yeah, this week has been a bit of a rollercoaster for me. Ordered the thing on Saturday along with three games, got all excited, then on Monday I contemplated cancelling the lot, but just ended up getting rid of Pilotwings and Street Fighter, and then today after reading the Giant Bomb review of SSFIV3D I added it to my order once again and now I'm massively excited for it (hopefully) arriving on Friday and having a blast on Ridge Racer and hopefully some fun online bouts of SSFIV3D. :omg: :OMG: :omg:

Yeah, this week has been a bit of a rollercoaster for me. Ordered the thing on Saturday along with three games, got all excited, then on Monday I contemplated cancelling the lot, but just ended up getting rid of Pilotwings and Street Fighter, and then today after reading the Giant Bomb review of SSFIV3D I added it to my order once again and now I'm massively excited for it (hopefully) arriving on Friday and having a blast on Ridge Racer and hopefully some fun online bouts of SSFIV3D. :omg: :OMG: :omg:

You should just re-add Pilotwings too. So what if it's a bit short? Who ever sat down for a marathon Pilotwings session? Doing that is the antithesis of the game - relaxing and floating around doing as you please for a bit.

God, I'm finally starting to feel the hype now, reading some reviews and all. For real. Can't wait to see what the 3D stuff is like. As I'm unlikely to bump into a demopod until I receive my own machine, it'll be a pretty special unpacking indeed.

When i get mine, i'm going to set the slider to 2D mode, gasp at how good the 3D looks then had it around to my work mates to see if they pretend to see the 3D effect

Yes it allows you to download ghosts. Pretty neat feature which more than makes up for the lack online multiplayer.

Excellent stuff. Street pass and the lack of it is one of the reasons I finally decided not to go with pilot wings. I can see myself taking my 3ds with me everywhere! :)

I love this bit just before a new console arrives. It's like Christmas Eve as a kid waiting for your Luke Skywalker figure in orange flight gear. But then you wake up and find "Santa" has put orange Luke in your brother's stocking by mistake. Now your brother won't give up orange Luke cause he insists it is his. Which by all accounts it is seeing he is but a child and it was "santa's" mistake and not his. Then you just have to wait another 3 years to inherit orange Luke from your ingrate brother. By that time orange Luke has lost several fights with the pet dog rancor and is no longer in a state to be played with.

Not sure if I went through the right Quidco link for tesco now, my Quidco hasn't updated with the 10% cashback :(. Isn't that supposed to happen as soon as your card is billed?

Mine tracked and verified within an hour of me making the order. And that was the day they started the offer.

My TNT tracking number from shopto has the status "Please Call". I hope that isn't shorthand for "Please call because we aint delivering it until you locate the Jade Monkey" or something to that exent.

Mine tracked and verified within an hour of me making the order. And that was the day they started the offer.

Looks like I'm not getting the cashback then which is a pain because it was half the reason I ordered from Tesco. Dammit.

Mine arrived from Tesco just before 7am and came with Pilotwings in the same parcel. TNT rock, I am so fucking hyper right now.

Nice one.

I don't have high hopes for getting mine today. My PilotWings arrived yesterday though; the manual is very slight so I doubt it'll appease me for the next 24 hours.