IGNORED

Nintendo 3DS - first thread

Troublegum

I've had two hits of the same person in the same 12hr period. During the working day. Once in the morning when he came into work, and then again when we were on the train station, so not sure what happened there. Same thing for him with my details.

Cardiff must be a 3DS mecca, had 5 SP hits just on the way into work this morning.

There's also no limit on the amount of times you can meet them. As guy in my office I already mentioned still turns up on my Streetplaza daily but sadly L7 is the top level in Streetpass Quest.

Further to my Streetpass confusion yesterday, I am now thinking my 3DS may have gone a tiddly bit wrong somewhere. I am still getting my SSFIV streetpass battles, but I am not picking up anyone's Miis at all. My chums here in the office are picking me up fine, but I can't get them. I've tried restarting the console, tried turning the WiFi off and on again... nothing.

Confusing, and searching around online it seems to be a common problem that has no real answer as of yet.

Hey all, I'm a bit late to the party, I got a 3DS today. Just a quick question... I've noticed the dpad is a little loose, normal?

Yep it is a little loose and wobbly. I think they keep it like that so all the crap that gets caught in the gaps will fall out and stay clean. :sherlock:

Further to my Streetpass confusion yesterday, I am now thinking my 3DS may have gone a tiddly bit wrong somewhere. I am still getting my SSFIV streetpass battles, but I am not picking up anyone's Miis at all. My chums here in the office are picking me up fine, but I can't get them. I've tried restarting the console, tried turning the WiFi off and on again... nothing.

Confusing, and searching around online it seems to be a common problem that has no real answer as of yet.

How strange.

Have you tried deleting the SteetPass data for Mii Plaza and then reinstalling it?

Did you turn off sharing of the Mii's while changing your shirt colour to yellow/blue/white to help people on the quest? (No idea if thats actually what that sharing option does?)

As far as I can tell with experimenting with friends (Not like that... ) It *seems* to reset every six hours. Midnight 6am Midday 6pm I've had streetpass hits from someone I've had one from already just after these times, But seems to have some kind of 1-2 hour internal cooldown on each person and is possibly capped at 2 per 24 hour period. Doing more tests daily to try and Pin it down exactly but then I feel that may somehow forever ruin the joy of the little green light.

I'm a bit worried that playing through Ocarina of Time again might taint my memory of it. I remember it feeling unrealistically brilliant at the time. But it does look fantastic in 3D.

It's still fantastic. You'll be amazed at how coherent and flawless it feels after all this time.

I had the same worries with Mario 64 when it was a launch title with the original DS, and even though they didn't do much to it in comparison to the upgrade OoT has been given it still played fantastically well. Really looking forward to going through Ocarina again and crossing my fingers they get Majora done ASAP!

Got 6 Streetpass hits in Norwich today, including the Puppet Man. Which is AWEZOME.

Yesterday was my first day in Norwich with none, though I suppose I was just sitting in the Forum for about 90 minutes doing marking! I'm so going after the Puppet Man today, not got him before.

I've now got a whole 7 different pictures on the go!

Having not worked all week, my StreetPass randomly began working again today. I did nothing to the console itself to prompt this - it just seems to have been randomly throwing a hissy fit and then sorted itself out!

I now have 14/15 pieces on both the Zelda and Kirby puzzles :).

Mario 64 is still great, but I hated the DS version with its broken controls.

A 3DS version using the analogue nub would be great though.

This is a no brainer really, I hope this gets pushed out pretty quickly

Yesterday was my first day in Norwich with none, though I suppose I was just sitting in the Forum for about 90 minutes doing marking! I'm so going after the Puppet Man today, not got him before.

Seeing has he's been streetpass'd about 100 times, I'm guessing it's a shop. Likely contenders, due to where I went, are one of the HMVs or OSG on the market.

Went into Oxford again today - only got one, and that was the Gamestation one (excellent for collecting puzzle pieces and the like mind you, as it meets everyone!). Pretty poor show from this place - I mean, kids and teenagers here are so rich they live in their own castles and are taught at Wizard School.

Probably.

Didn't get any at first in town today, but sent 6 cats in to face the giant blood ghost. Stupidly wasted a pink magic boost by switching Miis around too much. Didn't realise the boosts wore off after a while. Just before heading home I walked past Starbucks, which seems to be having a recruitment thing today, as there were people lined along the street holding CVs. I think one of them gave me the Mii I discovered when I checked for the green light of joy (GLOJ). He was from Engerland.

I'm absolutely going to set RLLMUK as my new greeting, is anyone is Nottingham looking for hits? I've met Nondescript James and a guy who has the Link hat twice, but I'd love to show off my Samus helmet to more people. The plaza is looking pretty decent now, I've got about 9 separate people in there.

Took my 3DS to The Gadget Show Live yesterday at the NEC. Was pretty disappointed to only get 3 Streetpass hits in 4 hours and I suspect 2 of those were from the Nintendo "booth" - which was basically a walled off area with queues of people lining up to shuffle inside and presumably get hands on with a 3DS. I should have offered the queuers a go on mine at a pound a time :lol: